PDA

View Full Version : new format

sticks
04-05-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't know about anybody else but I'm having trouble getting around in this new format. I go to "recent posts" and find not so recent posts or articles written a year or so ago. Can't seem to pick up new questions or comments. What's going on?? I use to read regularly but about to give up the ship.
" frustrated Sticks"

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-06-2010, 07:05 AM
I don't know about anybody else but I'm having trouble getting around in this new format. I go to "recent posts" and find not so recent posts or articles written a year or so ago. Can't seem to pick up new questions or comments. What's going on?? I use to read regularly but about to give up the ship.
" frustrated Sticks"

I have also been having difficulty, but realize that "change is a process, not an event" until there is an announcement that everything is up to speed and running, I will not be too critical.
So far I don't think the upgrade was worth it, but who am I to know or say.

IMHO what is lacking the most is what is going on and how to use what there is!

JIM :)

Jon Wehrenberg
04-06-2010, 07:07 AM
I go to the forum and then click on new posts and get a display of posts I have not read. Seems to work OK that way, but since I am computer challenged I do not go exploring if something works for me so I cannot say if there are other ways to find unread posts.

Coloradobus
04-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Seems to for me, but the colors are too pale for borders separating categories and the PRINT is ever so tiny. really makes the "orbs: squint to read the new page . and where are the smiley faces et al Its also very difficult to check the forums to see what is new. The "What's new" feature is nice, but why is is set up the reverse of the main forum page having the new post topic listed on the left instead of the right like the main bulletin board and the identifying category listed on the right? .

truk4u
04-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Hang in there boy's, I think the fixes are coming....

JIM KELLER
04-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Tom, Congratulations on your new Moderator status.

simpsonwilliams
04-06-2010, 01:02 PM
I thank whoever provided the upgraded format. It is an improvement. There will always be something to fix. Just note it and move on. I really like the changes to date.

truk4u
04-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Tool Man,

New status? I've been doing this for months, but you haven't had the pleasure of me moving one of your threads, therefor not pissing you off.:o

JIM KELLER
04-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Dear Moderator, I have found the " tab " for " post quick reply " but how do we post a " slow reply ? "

JIM KELLER
04-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Tool Man,

New status? I've been doing this for months, but you haven't had the pleasure of me moving one of your threads, therefor not pissing you off.:o

Theen how ded I eend up en da " computor challeenged " Thred ?

truk4u
04-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Theen how ded I eend up en da " computor challeenged " Thred ?

Jim,

Great job, how did you get the spell checker to work?;)

JIM KELLER
04-07-2010, 10:03 AM
I clicked on the " Broken Mirror Tab. "

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
04-07-2010, 12:55 PM
I will just add my 2 cents! When following the forum on my I Phone, it is very difficult to get to the page you want due to the contrast.
Sandy

pwf252
04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Ok since we're throwing out how comes. How comes the info on the home page isn't readable on the left side?????

dale farley
04-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Where do I find "Today's Posts"? I use it quite often but now can't locate it.

truk4u
04-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Dale,

I don't thnk there is a "todays post" anymore, you have to click on "whats new" and that will show all new posts since you last visited.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-08-2010, 08:10 AM
The best I have found is "New Posts" under "HOME" in the top left corner.

JIM

dale farley
04-08-2010, 08:28 AM
I know I was using the "Todays Posts" since the upgrade, but maybe it was after the first upgrade and before this last one. I mainly used the "Todays Posts" to find a thread that was current before the daily update took place and removed all the threads for that day. I'm not sure "Whats New" does the same, but thanks anyway.

JIM KELLER
04-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Is there a difference between " whats new " and " new posts. " Is one older than the other ? Or newer ?

dale farley
04-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Jim,

I don't see any difference. They both say "New Posts" on the left side of the screen when you click on them. I had assumed "Whats New" only brought up those threads that had posts since the last time I visited it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I think "New Posts" stay on the screen until the system is reset each day. I may be missing something.

Jerry Winchester
04-08-2010, 07:43 PM
It's a little pale for me as well. Sometimes on this kind of forum software you can pick your own style instead of the default.

Yes Lobster Boy, that's a hint......

sticks
04-09-2010, 11:44 PM
ok, I'm trying to cowboy up and get use to new format . Discovered a new game, it's collecting green arrows.