PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Paragon (Groco) Fresh Water Pump - Back-up

truk4u
04-05-2010, 08:14 PM
I had a spare Shurflo Water Pump in stock, had 2, but Mango weaseled me out of the other and I came up with a cheap way to have a back-up pump in case the big dog went Tango Uniform. I already had the pump, so with about 10 bucks in fittings, I made up a substitute that I could hook up in about 15 minutes to the stock 1" hoses and by-pass the bad pump.

Now I'm sure Jon has already plumbed in back-up pumps made of gold, hard wired and hard plumbed, but this is just for an emergency deal when your better half has no water. Trust me, you run out of toilet and shower water your in deep doo doo.:p

garyde
04-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi Tom. That is a 12 volt pump? Isn't your primary pump a 120 volt? Also, where will you te in in case of an emergency.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-06-2010, 07:05 AM
I don't know what year it was done, but until the Headhunter pump was used the Liberty coaches used the DC pumps, either 12 or 24V.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-06-2010, 07:12 AM
If this worked it shows a picture of my back up water pump, permanently installed.

Truk......bite me!

dale farley
04-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Tom, I'm glad to see you are covered with a backup plan. As you well know, some converters install two to begin with. Maybe you should just trade buses. Actually, you are overdue for a trade anyway! I see Jon has his hardwired with copper fittings.

truk4u
04-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Gary,

It's 12 volt and you don't have to tee in. Just take the 1" hose loose from the old pump inlet and push on the new plasic hose nipple (that one goes to the water tank) then do the same thing on the old pump outlet side (going to the expansion tank) and the temporary pump is ready to go. Remove the hot 12 volt wire from the old pump and tie into the new one.

In this picture, I didn't have the inlet hose from the tank hooked up yet.

truk4u
04-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Yes Dale, I know you have two pumps, although they are just those little whimpy frog pond versions used in the Winnebago's and it takes two of them working effeciently to give you water. In fact, my spare pump is from Jamie's CC and the water pressure was so whimpy, I installed new ones with no better effect.

So, next time we're together and you want to wash your bus, just hook hook up to my Industrial Commercial Mega water pump installed by Liberty and you will not even need a pressure washer. Paulette deserves home style water pressure, I think you should upgrade and provide that great lady with the conveniences of home!:cool:

Now, anything else you would like to discuss?:p

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Nice instalation, clean and simple. You do nice work!
Leaving out the sand/charcoal filter yielded a lot of room.
Don't forget the check valve.

JIM

phorner
04-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Tom, I'm glad to see you are covered with a backup plan. As you well know, some converters install two to begin with. Maybe you should just trade buses. Actually, you are overdue for a trade anyway! I see Jon has his hardwired with copper fittings.

No, Jon has his hardwired with polished copper fittings....:D

Jon Wehrenberg
04-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Dale, I have to respond to the shot across the bow about Liberty not installing back up pumps. You knew this was coming of course.

Liberty uses such fine durable components in its systems it is not necessary to have two installed. The back up pumps Truk and I are mandating for our coaches are not a reflection on the Liberty pump, but are the result of two pilots who know back up is good, even if it is unnecessary.

dale farley
04-06-2010, 11:54 PM
With 2 of these, there is no concern about pressure or durability.6480
http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/images/misc/pencil.png

JIM KELLER
04-07-2010, 07:09 AM
Dale, How did you get a picture of my water pump ? Oh, I forgot, we have the same Bus.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-07-2010, 08:02 AM
You guys are dreaming. I know what a Country Coach water pump looks like.....

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_5844_5844

rfoster
04-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Did yall see what them there Liberty high Pressure sales water pumps did to that fellers' hot water heater?.

I 'm glad I got two of them wimpy pumps that you can buy off the shelf at Northern or Camperworld for under a hundred. Some folks are just more fortunate than others.

JIM KELLER
04-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Dale, How did you get a picture of my water pump ? Oh, I forgot, we have the same Bus.
Jon, The tears running down my face prohibit me from responding but just wait till Dale gets ahold of you !

Jon Wehrenberg
04-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Doing a little cross thread posting here, if Jim Elmore had the Country Coach pump I posted a link to his water tank would not have expanded.

I don't think Dale is in a position to comment. After all you guys call your buses Country Coach and what could be more country than a hand pump? Do you tow your outhouse or is it installed in the coach? Where do you get the Sears catalog now or do you guys use the WW Grainger catalog?

dale farley
04-07-2010, 03:48 PM
I noticed Jon is the one with the picture of the pump suitable to be next to the outhouse, so he must be the one that has one. At least all us CC guys have two good pumps, don't have to use but one at a time, never had to replace one and have one to spare.