PDA

View Full Version : Nice Texas campground / resort for September

ajducote
04-05-2010, 09:03 AM
We are looking for a nice place to spend 2 or three weeks within say 400 miles of Kerrville, TX. during the time frame of 11 Sept to 1 October.
We will be at Buckhorn for the Fat Beagle over Labor Day and then again for POG 9. So instead of staying put the whole time I am looking for a nice place to go in between these 2 rallies. Maybe someplace on a lake, or where there is a lot of "touristy" things to do? Any suggestions or favorite places anyone would like to recommend.

We really don't mind staying at Buckhorn the whole time, but this is a chance to go someplace else for a while and see something new.

pwf252
04-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Andre,
Not on a lake, but Rayford Crossing RV Park is in the Woodlands/Spring Texas area and its an excellent facility. My wife and I just spent Easter there with our small grandsons. The facility provided several Easter events that we all enjoyed. Its close to Houston with the typical big city things to do and I believe JDUB is close by and I hear he gives tours of the area!!!!!!!

jelmore
04-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Andre, The Vineyards on Lake Grapevine in Dallas puts you on a lake and close to all that Dallas has to offer. And Grapevine is a nice town with a quaint downtown. Or if you don't mind moving around a few days in Austin, then over to Houston and then up to Dallas would cover lots of Texas highlights.