PDA

View Full Version : Fat Beagle Headlight Upgrade

Jerry Winchester
03-29-2010, 08:45 PM
After Loc mooched lunch off of me yet one more time, we slid over to his bus abode and peeked at his new headlights. James did this upgrade and I'm thinking it turned out pretty nice.

garyde
03-29-2010, 10:25 PM
How sweet! let's here all about it. What type of headlight etc.,. Is there a kit which can be purchased for do it yourselfers?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Them lights are so bright, I hope there LEGAL in Texas ? :p

Nice Job. Can't wait to see the matching driving lamps below the headlights done, too . :cool:

Gary S.

truk4u
03-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Jdub - Was the Porter handy to clean the lights prior to your inspection?

phorner
03-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Great lookin' lamps!!

Thanks for the pix....

Loc
03-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Skiffer is working with James at Xtreme Graphics (one of the POG sponsors) on an article about the headlight conversion. I don't know when it will be posted, but maybe Jim or James can chime in. The headlights are incredible. There were two versions and I chose the Xenon high intensity discharge upgrade over the standard halogen beams. It is the best upgrade I have done to any motorhome or bus in the last 10 years. The low beam lights are comparable to what the OEM high beam lights were and the new high beams are amazing. I really like the bright white (blueish) light color. I have driven the bus several times at night and have not had any protest from oncoming cars. I believe the primary reason is that the low beams have a very definite beam pattern that is primarily restricted to the bottom half of the light (keeping the light on the road). James did a great job.

truk,
BITE ME.

PLSNTVLE2
03-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Loc. Those are BAD A**. I'm all over it. Can't wait to get the info to order them. HURRY....

rfoster
03-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Loc Ness: That looks great.

James: That looks great. How long does it take?

GDeen
03-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Nice Loc. I need to carve out some time to install my headlight upgrade....

Xtreme James
03-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Right now, I only have the conversion for the XL II headlights. I'm working on the XL version, so I can have nice lights too. The conversion takes us about 2 to 3 days to complete, and runs in the $3,000.00 range. We should have a round fog light conversion to compliment them in the next couple of weeks. Jim Skiff and I are working on a write up to better explain the conversion. You can contact me direct james@xtremegraphics.net with other questions. Thanks .... James stallings