PDA

View Full Version : What WAS that sound??

Ray Davis
03-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Went out to the coach today to start it, drive it for 20 minutes or so. It's been parked for 5 weeks. Everything started great.

But, as I backed out of the garage I noticed the rumbling kind of sound, something like a loud water pump or compressor, somewhere behind me in the galley area.

I parked the bus, put in neutral to go look back there (I was alone), and the noise stopped. Put it in gear, and it started up again.

As mentioned it was like a rumbling, groaning type of sound which cycled about one per second, kind of 1/2 second on, 1/2 second off. rrrrrh, rrrrh, rrrrh. Sound seemed to be coming from behind or below the sink and lower cupboards on the driver side. I couldn't hear it outside with the engine running.

I went for 2-3 minutes, and then stopped, kind of with the sound of your water pump coming up to pressure.

It never happened again. I drove the coach for about 20 minutes. The OTR equipment is right below the area that I heard the rumbling. The OTR was not on, nor was anything else, other than the engine. I did run the OTR and the generator while driving, and all seems normal.

It was only there for a few minutes, and then only when in gear, either forward or reverse.

Any thoughts?

Ray

pwf252
03-22-2010, 07:00 PM
small grizzly???

pwf252
03-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Sorry Ray that probably wasn't alot of help. Sherry doesn't allow me to attempt to be funny so I couldn't resist.

Ray Davis
03-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Nope, didn't see no blood ....

James
03-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Sounds like it may be the cooling fan starting and stopping.

travelite
03-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Ray,

Sometimes... mostly when my concrete garage floor or tires are slightly wet, I hear the antilock brakes cycling.

Ray Davis
03-23-2010, 10:41 AM
thanks for the thoughts guys. I'll just have to keep watching for it again. ...

Coloradobus
03-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Ray, could it be noise from you tank bubblers adjusting from water being sloshed around in the coach tanks after sitting for a while? Just a thought.

Ray Davis
03-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Maybe, but the strange thing is that it only occurred when put in gear ....

Reagan Sirmons
03-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Ray, do you have any kind of "sump" on board that would be bailing out water? ...like in an ice machine? or ice maker filling up?
Reagan
Pres

Ray Davis
03-24-2010, 07:04 PM
I do have an icemaker. However, the sound was on the opposite side of the galley, and when I opened cupboards and drawers, it seemed low, behind the cupboards, which could have been down below in a bay? It was very loud compared to our ice maker, however.