PDA

View Full Version : Newbies

dsaylrn
03-20-2010, 09:11 AM
My hubby and I just upgraded from a Damon Outlaw Toyhauler to a H3-45 DS and we are soooo excited! I look forward to learning the tricks of the trade to enjoy this amazing bus! The electronics and switches scare the heck out of me.....:eek:
Debbie (& Dwight)

Coloradobus
03-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Welcome you two, and your just going to havea ball with the H!! what its name?

dale farley
03-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Debbie/Dwight, Welcome to the forum. We were all scared of all the buttons/switches at one time, but you have come to the right place to get help when you get stumped.

michaeldterry
03-20-2010, 09:30 AM
My hubby and I just upgraded from a Damon Outlaw Toyhauler to a H3-45 DS and we are soooo excited! I look forward to learning the tricks of the trade to enjoy this amazing bus! The electronics and switches scare the heck out of me.....:eek:
Debbie (& Dwight)

Debbie and Dwight - welcome to the asylum! Congratulations on your new bus! I just know that you will have incredible fun with it. Don't be scared to "explore" the many systems/components in the bus - it's one of the best ways to learn about the capabilities and limitations (reading any and all the available manuals helps, too! :p) My wife, Vita, was a total newbie to the joys of busing when I bought my current Prevost, but now she is almost fearless and even drives the bus when I need relief!

Joining POG was the smartest move you could have made, after deciding to upgrade to a Prevost! This group is a family/subculture/braintrust/community all rolled into one! The help and information available here from the collective membership will prove to be an invaluable resource to you in getting maximum enjoyment and meaningful use from your Prevost.

Ask lots of questions as they come to mind. You will always get responses and some of them will even be correct! :p

Bottom line - join in and play with us as much as you can stand! We're all about having fun and enjoying the Prevost "lifestyle"! They don't call it "the ultimate class" for nuttin'! :rolleyes:

Tell us a little about yourselves and post some pictures of your new bus so we don't have to make up lies about you! Be sure to put your bus, toad, and location particulars in yur signature line so that any responses to your questions can be as model/converter specific as possible!

Again - WELCOME TO POG! Have fun!

HarborBus
03-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Welcome Debbie(& Dwight), you couldn't have come to a better place to answer all your questions about your new toy.

MangoMike
03-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Welcome to POG.

Glad to see you made it over to the "dark side" with the H purchase. Good move.

Mango Mike

BoaterAl
03-27-2010, 10:36 AM
New member who has just sold our Country Coach. Currently looking at XL Marathon's. I see they changed the front end (headlights) in 2006. Does anyone have any throughts on the years to get the most bang for your buck. Lots for sale and prices all over the board.
Thanks,
Boateral
Coachless at the moment

jack14r
03-27-2010, 11:13 AM
If you are buying a 2004 shell or newer it will have a 18,000 LB. front axle and a gross weight of 54,500 lbs. also Prevost slides from 04 are much better than the earlier ones.The front and tag tires will be 365's.These coaches drive and handle better.