PDA

View Full Version : St Patrick's Day Parade in New Orleans

merle&louise
03-19-2010, 06:39 PM
We tried to post several pictures, but only one would upload. The others failed!

Sorry, Louise is not a happy camper!

merle&louise
03-19-2010, 06:42 PM
We'll try again!

It failed again! Can anyone help us?

aggies09
03-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Tuga,

The Conder clan was passing through the Big Easy and enjoyed an evening in the Quarter before heading over to Gulf Shores for some spring breaking. Jen and I love seeing you guys. Keep the pics coming. We didn't make the parade, but the kids did all score beads.

merle&louise
03-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Tony & Jenny,

Next time PM or email us and we'll do lunch or supper. I'll have my people call your people (I really like saying that!)

Glad to hear that the kids scored some Mardi Gras beads.

Should have some more pics coming; Skiffer has come to our rescue.

I don't understand why we were able to upload the first picture but not the second and third pics!

Jim Skiff
03-20-2010, 06:24 AM
Karen & Tuga. It looked like fun!

michaeldterry
03-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Tuga,

The Conder clan was passing through the Big Easy and enjoyed an evening in the Quarter before heading over to Gulf Shores for some spring breaking. Jen and I love seeing you guys. Keep the pics coming. We didn't make the parade, but the kids did all score beads.

Tony & Jenny - where are/were you staying in Gulf Shores? Be sure to check out Bella Terra RV Resort while in the area (Bella Terra - Foley, AL (http://www.bellaterrarvresort.com/)). It's a favorite destination for Vita and I! The lots are wonderful, the amenities incredible, and the staff is top notch!

merle&louise
03-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks for posting the pics for us Skiffer, really apreciate it:D

Ray Davis
03-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Tuga,

For some reason, some browsers have issues uploading pictures that are over 600 pixels on the longest side. Sizes at 600 or less seem to never have a problem.

I posted a free solution here:

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showpost.php?p=61078&postcount=24

and Debby indicated it worked for her. Give it a try. It requires downloading free software from Google, but it's the easiest way I know to do resizing of pictures without a purchase of some kind.

Ray

aggies09
03-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Michael,

We stay at Perdido Key RV Resort when we go due to it's proximity to the Beach. The park is a little tight, but as is usually the case we are not around the bus much during the day anyway. I drove through Bella Terra on a previous trip, and it would be great if you weren't going to use the beach very often. Just an FYI for anyone else contemplating a trip to the Gulf Shores area. My brother and sister in law, and my wife's parents met us down there and due to the town homes that are part of the Perdido Key resort we were able to all stay within yards of each other. A very cool setup for an extended family gathering.

Tuga, I didn't mean to hijack your post..............

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Tuga,

For some reason, some browsers have issues uploading pictures that are over 600 pixels on the longest side. Sizes at 600 or less seem to never have a problem.

and Debby indicated it worked for her. Give it a try. It requires downloading free software from Google, but it's the easiest way I know to do resizing of pictures without a purchase of some kind.

Ray

This is the one I use and a good one too, for those that want a second choice.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

It's also free for the single reduction.

JIM

merle&louise
03-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Ray,

Thank you for posting the Picasa link; I downloaded it. So now I have the most up to date version.

But, I am still not getting it. Here's what I am doing.

1. Click on Manage Attachments, click on Browse, click on drop down menu and select the picture I want to post.
2. Highlight the picture by clicking on it and then click Export in Picasa.
3. Then I get a menu that allows me to re-size. I click on 480 pixels.
4. At the bottom of the menu screen, I click Export
5. Then I go back to the Manage Attachments screen and click UPLOAD.
6. Then I get failed to upload - I assume because the picture was not sized down to 600 pixels.

Do I have to go into Picasa and down size ALL of my pictures BEFORE I find them from the Manage Attachments menu? Or can this down sizing be done from the BROWSE button on Manage Attachments?

Ray Davis
03-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Yes,

Once you have imported your pictures into Picassa, you select File -> Export to Folder (don't have it open, but I think that's it).

Then you will get a dialog where you can specify the size of the picture. Make sure the largest side is 600 or less.

Then you will get a dialog asking where to save the picture. Probably your desktop is easiest.

THEN, go to the post, manage attachments, and upload the resized pictures from your desktop (or wherever you put the newer smaller pics)

Ray

Ray Davis
03-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Just to clarify, you only need to downsize the pictures you want to post. And yes, you must do it prior to posting. There is no way from the manage attachments to make use of Picasa. You are creating a new copy of your pictures which is 600 pixels (or smaller) on the largest side, and secondly you are uploading the new pictures. Your original pictures will be just fine, unchanged.

Ray

merle&louise
03-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Ray,

Thanks for the help. I have it down now.:D

1. Go into Picasa and highlight picture
2. Click Export button in Picasa
3. Select a size picture less than 600 (480)
4. Click Export to a Folder
5. Go to drop down menu and select Desktop
6. In the Desktop screen highlight the folder name & click on create a shortcut; this will put it on the Desktop
7. Go to POG and click reply then click manage attachments
8. Click Browse and select shortcut on Desktop
9. Click UPLOAD and it is done.
10. Piece of CAKE

The picture I uploaded was 1600X1200 but when I put it in the folder and downsized it, it is now 480X600.

Thanks for all of the help.

michaeldterry
03-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Tuga,

Ray

Yea! Using Ray's directions, I finally got a picture to display correctly! thanks Ray! (oh yeah - disregard the random picture of Evangeline - I just needed a picture to test your Picasa instructions and upload directions! :D

merle&louise
03-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Hey Michael, isn't is great to be able to post pictures!

Ray, you are the man!:D

michaeldterry
03-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Hey Michael, isn't is great to be able to post pictures!

Ray, you are the man!:D

That's what I'm talkin' about! :p

Ray Davis
03-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Glad to hear that this worked out for you.

Jim C., FYI this would have also handled your rotation issue in the inverter (Kerrville) thread!!

Take care all!

Ray