PDA

View Full Version : Walking on Roof

ToyMan
03-15-2010, 08:26 PM
I will be swapping out my antiquated Datron 4000 for a Tracstar SV-360. Install appears pretty simple.

Are there any problems with walking or crawling around on the roof? I have heard different stories about trying to stay on the riveted seams and avoid the areas between those riveted joints.

Can I go straight off my deck to do the removal of the old one and installation of the new one?

truk4u
03-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Ron,

I try to stay on the rivet lines, but Prevost walks all over them. I recently had to do some caulking on that POS air antenna and I just layed down a furniture pad and crawled all over it. I've had three different buses and have walked on all them and it's almost impossible to stay on the rivet line when removing the A/C covers for cleaning on buses with roof airs.

FYI, if your wondering what that vent cover is for on the passenger side next to your sat dome, it's the exhaust vent for your microwave hood fan.;)

Jon Wehrenberg
03-16-2010, 07:41 AM
If you can try to minimize putting weight between roof supports. The insulation will separate from the roof as you walk or put weight on it.