PDA

View Full Version : New to 03 Liberty Question

hobobimmer
03-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I didn't know where to ask this question, so I'll start a new thread. I can't find the answer to this, so at the risk of humiliating myself, I'll ask here.

In the second bay on the Drivers side, the bay where the inverters are, there is a fan running. There is a toggle switch that says "on/off." It says "compressor fan." I assume it was on when we bought the bus, since I don't think any of us turned it on. Question is, it is supposed to be on all the time? When I first heard it, we had just arrived from our trip home and assumed that it would go off when something cooled down. But, I have checked it a few times, and it is still running. Is this what is supposed to do? Run or not run? If it is supposed to run, when would you ever turn it off? If it is supposed to be off, when would you turn it on? I assume it is keeping inverters cool, but that is just a wild guess.

Thanks.

Deb

jack14r
03-12-2010, 06:21 PM
I think that it is the switch for the Zip Dee compressor for the front curb side awning.

Coloradobus
03-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Deb,

OUr past Marathons had little computer cooling fans that were on all the time to cool the inverters. We found that these fans were hard wired and never shutoff. My guess is this is what you have going on.
So, being on the road lately and off the site, when did you buy the bus. A friend did point out last saturday, that your Angola was spotted on P=stuff for sale at Ken Robertsons?:D

garyde
03-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Hi Deb. The switch is for the Zip Dee awning air compressor. The Axial fans runs all the time. They last 3 or 4 years and then go bad. Dayton has replacement fans, found in Grainger catalogue. you can also connect a t-stat to the fans if you want to regulate the temp and fan.

edsaylor
03-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Deb---Gary is right. These little fans run all the time. When you are not going to use your awning for awhile, it is suggested that you turn the awning compressor off--the switch in the second bay. Be careful not to turn off the other switches beside the awning switch. Ed

hobobimmer
03-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Thank you so much for the information. We appreciate it.

Deb, Eric, Jay