PDA

View Full Version : Bus Stands 2010

James
03-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Anyone interested in asking Jon to do another run of stands for your bus.

We joined POG after the last order was complete but would be interested in obtaining 1 or more complete sets if there was another order.

Here's the link with pictures of the last ones Jon did.
http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?t=1709&highlight=bus+stands

They look great. Perhaps the 2010 version could include leather wrapped handles and wireless GPS sensors for precise positioning:)

Jon Wehrenberg
03-11-2010, 03:08 PM
I can see we are going to have problems with this James guy.

I will get the tally from James and like the last time seek to get them made at cost, and distribute them at the Kerrville Rally. From experience I know if you need them shipped to you the freight cost will be almost the same as the production cost. If you want stands and cannot be at Kerrville try to get someone who lives near you and is attending to pick them up for you. The last cost of a set for each specific type bus was around $125.

I want current owners to tell of their experience with the stands, to advise if the dimensions have been correct or if they need revision, and if there are any changes besides the leather handles and GPS that can be suggested.

This is not intended to sell stands because we don't make a penny on them. This is intended to make anyone that wishes to or needs to get under the bus safe. Do not ever get under any bus, ever, unless the bus is supported or is all the way down. I don't care if the so-called professionals think nothing of getting under a bus without properly supporting it. they are at great risk.

Kenneth Brewer
03-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Thank you, Jon. We have the H3, of course, and would like (am ordering) a set as well. But on ours please autograph them. Thanks again.

lloyd&pamela
03-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Jon we will take a set just like Eric and Debbie got. They worked great on our bus while we were with them last year. Let me know when and where to send the money.

We will not be at Kerrville, but are spending 3 months next winter in LA and maybe someone from the LA are could bring them back, if not we will gladly pay the shipping to get a set.

Thank you for all your effort.

phorner
03-11-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm definitely in for a set!

Still can't believe that I was foolish enough to let the first batch get away from me without placing an order. :mad:

I won't make that mistake twice! :eek:

GDeen
03-11-2010, 04:59 PM
I am in for a set ..... THANKS!

rickdesilva
03-11-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm glad I got mine the first time around. Like everything else the price has gone up. I'm glad I got mine for $55 !

LarryB
03-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Jon, I would really like a set of stands as well. If the GPS thing doesn't work out maybe just paint the right hand stands Green and the left Red. All kidding aside plz put me down for a set.

Thanks

truk4u
03-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Rick,

Mine were 29.95... Botta Bing Botta Boom:rolleyes:

Jon Wehrenberg
03-11-2010, 08:29 PM
As those needing stands make their wishes known I am hoping James or someone will keep a running total. Like before I prefer to make arrangements for the entire lot to be shipped to one location for distribution at the Kerrville rally. If anyone has questions as to what they look like or how they are used I can post pictures.

We need to know the specific coach they will be used on, such as XL, XLII, H3.

I will ask before production for someone to verify the dimensions. I have my own set made for the XL and Erics for example is the same dimensions of my newer XL. I was not happy with how his fit, and I even may ask for more specific coach data before we put the order in. As we get an idea of how many stands and what the bus mix will be I will post some questions.

BTW, I do not want to convey the stands Eric got are bad or will not work. I just want to see the stands have a better way of distributing the contact area for better weight distribution.

Darrell and Linda
03-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Jon, count us in also. We are hoping to make the Texas rally. let us know where to send cash. thanks

Jon Wehrenberg
03-11-2010, 08:44 PM
For the moment hang onto your money. The price is unknown, but will be volume dependent. If there is any other items we can think of that POG members may benefit from we may include an opportunity to get those produced also.

tdelorme
03-11-2010, 09:31 PM
I bought a set for our XL the first time around and kept them when we sold the coach. If anyone with a 40 ft. bus wants them let me know and we'll figure some way to get them to you. How about 75 bucks for the stands (4) and shims.

Jon, please put me down for an XLV set, and thanks for putting this deal together again.

lloyd&pamela
03-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Jon I missed out on the braces for the box over the engine, if you are taking orders for other fabrications. I will take a set of those for an XL also. Thanks.

gmcbuffalo
03-11-2010, 10:13 PM
I know with the air bag problems of raising the coach I have had a problem getting the XL set I have under the front. I have to use a jack for the each 1/2 inch my coach with not raise up to. Outside of that they are a must to have. Very nicely made.
Greg

Alan__
03-11-2010, 10:40 PM
I am in for a set for a XLII. Already wired Di the funds.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Ted,

Your stands should work on the current bus. Hang on to them.

James
03-12-2010, 06:47 AM
So the count currently stands at:

1 Set - Ken & Gwen Brewer – H3
1 Set – Lloyd & Pamela Segger – XL
1 Set – Paul & Janice Horner – XLV
1 Set – Gordon & Jennifer Deen - XL
1 Set – Larry & Teddy Beer – XLV
1 Set – Darrell & Linda – XL
1 Set – Ted & Jan Delorme – XLV
1 Set – Mark & MK Hann – XLVII
2 Sets – James & Kris - XLVII

So far that's a total of 10 sets.

tdelorme
03-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Ted,

Your stands should work on the current bus. Hang on to them.

Thanks, Jon. I'll hold on to them.

James
03-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Thanks, Jon. I'll hold on to them.

Ted,

Does that mean you're off the list?

MangoMike
03-12-2010, 08:03 AM
Jon,

I think I was the only guy to get H3 stands the last time around. And I think my rear ones are a little short, so I would have Ken remeasure his H3 and give you new dimensions before manufacturing.

Mike

HarborBus
03-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Jon I missed out on the braces for the box over the engine, if you are taking orders for other fabrications. I will take a set of those for an XL also. Thanks.

Lloyd, when Jon sent my set there was confusion on my mailing address so I ended up with two sets. Let me know your address and I'll send a set to you.

mike kerley
03-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Jon, I missed the first round but would like to get in on this production run. Please put me down for a set for an XL. If not at the Texas rally, we'll make other arrangements. Our summer travels are limited.

Thanks for doing this, again.

HarborBus
03-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Put me in for a set for the XLII. Unfortunatelly we won't be in Kerrville rally so I'll have to figure out how to get them.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Jon, I hate to miss out on this sale, so Put me down for a set of jack stands for my XLII. Thanks

James, be sure and put me on the list for XLII Jack Stands. Thanks for keeping the tally going.

Gary S.

jimshoen
03-12-2010, 12:24 PM
The stands are the best tool I have for my bus. Cannot recommend them highly enough. Even with the four stands under my bus on a six inch reinforced concrete pad, I place several additional bottle jacks underneath for the belt and suspenders safety.

James
03-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Version 2 of the list: (Ted dropped out. Jon says Ted’s will work with his current bus.)

1 Set – Mike Kerley - XL
1 Set – Elliott & Evy McLeod – XLII
1 Set – Gary & Peggy Stevens – XLII

12 Sets Total so far

lloyd&pamela
03-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Elliot,
Please let me know the cost of the Brackets and the Shipping and I will send you a check immediately.

We are in Key West for the rest of the month. If you are shipping them soon:

Lloyd Williams
c/o Boyd's Key West Campground
6401 Maloney Ave
Key West, FL 33040

310-990-2198

If you wile be shipping them later use the CA address below and we will forward them to us from there

Thank you again,
Lloyd and Pamela

-------------------------
Lloyd Williams
Email: wlw3@mac.com
Travel Blog: http://prevost.wordpress.com
Photography: http://www.bylloyd.org
Where We Are: http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=7011
Phone: 310-990-2198
eFax: 309-294-5519

USA Address:
8605 Santa Monica Blvd.
Suite 72009
West Hollywood CA 90069

Canada Address:
#102-215 Dominion Street
Bridgewater NS B4V 2K7
Canada

hobobimmer
03-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Version 2 of the list: (Ted dropped out. Jon says Ted’s will work with his current bus.)

1 Set – Mike Kerley - XL
1 Set – Elliott & Evy McLeod – XLII
1 Set – Gary & Peggy Stevens – XLII

12 Sets Total so far

Please add Eric/Debbie Faires to the list for stands. We have XL II. Thanks.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

lloyd&pamela
03-12-2010, 06:12 PM
James please take our name off the list. Eric and Debbie have been kind enough to offer us theirs since they are upgrading to XLII stands. Thank you, James for organizing all of this. Lloyd & Pamela

HarborBus
03-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Lloyd, Your brackets are on the way priority mail. Now I see you have gotten some stands as well, looks like your making out pretty good today.:D

Coloradobus
03-12-2010, 07:46 PM
James, Put Chris and I on the list for a set for the Beaver 1992 40XL, "ZORRO", and thanks to Jon and his efforts.

ronwalker
03-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Jon, Please add my name to the list for an H3 set. I sure don't want to miss out a second time. I'll work on arrangements for a rally pickup and try to post an input on dimensions. Thanks for helping us all work safely.

lloyd&pamela
03-13-2010, 02:40 AM
Thank you Elliot and Evy. It's been a good day for the bus. Eric and Deb are great and gracious friends. Please let me know where to send a check for the postage and brackets, i am happy to have them and can't thank you enough.

James
03-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Ok, so the list now stands at 14 Sets:

Sets Requester Type

1 Ken & Gwen Brewer H3
1 Ron Walker H3
1 Darrell & Linda XL
1 Gordon & Jennifer Deen XL
1 Jim & Kris XL
1 Mike Kerley XL
1 Elliott & Evy McLeod XLII
1 Eric & Debbie Faires XLII
1 Gary & Peggy Stevens XLII
1 Larry & Teddy Beer XLV
1 Paul & Janice Horner XLV
2 James & Kris XLVII
1 Mark & MK Hann XLVII

James
03-13-2010, 10:03 AM
I just measured the XLVII and the rear stands would be fine at 14 inches.

The front body jacking points, however, vary from 14 5/8 inches behind the front wheels to 16 Ό inches in front of the front wheels and that’s allowing Ό inch below the plates to allow slipping the stands in.

To the base of the front tow rings measures 12 ½; however, I don’t think that is the proper jacking point.

Pete
03-13-2010, 10:18 AM
James/Jon, please add me to the jack stand list, 95 XL. Do I need to send a check now or wait for Kerrville....just let me know.
Pete Petree

James
03-13-2010, 10:24 AM
James/Jon, please add me to the jack stand list, 95 XL. Do I need to send a check now or wait for Kerrville....just let me know.
Pete Petree

You're on the list which is up to 15 sets.

1 Ken & Gwen Brewer H3
1 Ron Walker H3
1 Darrell & Linda XL
1 Jim & Kris XL
1 Mike Kerley XL
1 Larry & Teddy Beer XLV
1 Pete & EJ Petree XLV
2 James & Kris XLVII
1 Mark & MK Hann XLVII

Jon Wehrenberg
03-13-2010, 01:31 PM
I need an H3 owner to research the dimensions from the underside of the chassis support points, front and rear to the floor. You should not have to get under the bus to do this, but you will have to reach under it.

Raise the bus to its maximium height and take the dimension at all four points.

Mango,

If you could do it also I would appreciate it. We can modify your stands to meet the dimensions.

Truk,

Please give me the dimensions for your bus. The early XL coaches had a minimal flat spot at the rear support points, but they also had an angle bolted to that area that eliminated getting the entire stand beneath the rear support point. If you could analyze that, let's see if I can come up with a better way to address the rear stands on the XL early models. Later models on the XL had a heavy square tube go across between the rear supports and that tube is substantial enough and directly beneath the support points to work well.

I will get some pictures of that in the next day or so.

ronwalker
03-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Jon, I haven't got the best level floor to measure to, but I get 8 1/2" rear and 12 1/2" front, so 8 and 12 inches would be close enough for my H3. The jacking points ahead of the front wheels are an inch higher. It will be interesting to see if Mike agrees. 'Hope this helps.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Is that with the bus raised as high as it can go?

ajducote
03-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Please add me to the list for stands.

1998 XLV

Jon, many thanks for all you do for the group.

HarborBus
03-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Thank you Elliot and Evy. It's been a good day for the bus. Eric and Deb are great and gracious friends. Please let me know where to send a check for the postage and brackets, i am happy to have them and can't thank you enough.

Lloyd, I was happy to do it, at that time we made contributions to Pilots N Paws in Jon's name. http://pilotsnpaws.org/

Elliott

James
03-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Total of 16 sets so far.

1 Ken & Gwen BrewerH3
1 Ron WalkerH3
1 Darrell & LindaXL
1 Gordon & Jennifer DeenXL
1 Jim & Kris XL
1 Mike KerleyXL
1 Elliott & Evy McLeodXLII
1 Eric & Debbie FairesXLII
1 Gary & Peggy StevensXLII
1 Andre & Ann DucoteXLV
1 Larry & Teddy Beer XLV
1 Paul & Janice HornerXLV
1 Pete & EJ PetreeXLV
2 James & KrisXLVII
1 Mark & MK HannXLVII

ronwalker
03-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Jon, I don't know if it makes a difference, but my H3 was a seated coach and has a solid front axle unlike a VIP coach with independent front suspension. With no leveling system, I can't easily tweak the ride heighth, so I gave you the standard driving heighth. If mine is different than the other H3s in the group and you can't easily handle a production run of one set of jack stands, I'll understand.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Ron,

Any height stands can be produced. Each model Prevost differs from other models so before production we just have to verify heights based on the model coach. Yours will be produced to meet your bus dimensions.

adamdegraff
03-14-2010, 09:51 AM
I'd love a set! Don't know when and where I'll be able to pick them up, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I'll be rolling through Nashville at some point soon.

Thanks!

Adam

Jon Wehrenberg
03-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Adam, It is unlikely they will be available before late September or October. When we closer to the date of completion we can see what options are available to getting them.

MangoMike
03-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Jon, I haven't got the best level floor to measure to, but I get 8 1/2" rear and 12 1/2" front, so 8 and 12 inches would be close enough for my H3. The jacking points ahead of the front wheels are an inch higher. It will be interesting to see if Mike agrees. 'Hope this helps.

I've been adding the shims to the rear stands, but will try to get to the bus barn in the next couple of days to remeasure. I use them all the time and it sure gives you a comfort level under the bus.

MM

michaeldterry
03-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Even though I am not physically able to get under my bus (lack of mobility, not lack of desire), I guess I should have a set of these on hand to insure the safety of any of my friends that I can talk into helping me out when the time comes for some under chassis adjustment/diagnosis/replacement/repair work.

Please put me on the list for a set for a 1995 chassis XLV!

Jon - thanks for all you do for us busnuts! And James - thanks for keeping the running list for Jon!

LJV
03-14-2010, 06:59 PM
James: Put me down for a set of jack stands for an H3.

L J & Vi Verderber
2008 Regal H3
2007 Ford Focus
936-264-1157
12061 Cedar Lane
Conroe, Tx 77303
lj2vi@yahoo.com

James
03-15-2010, 09:24 AM
19 Sets so far. Here's the current list.

1 Ken & Gwen BrewerH3
1 L J & Vi VerderberH3
1 Ron WalkerH3
1 Darrell & LindaXL
1 Gordon & Jennifer DeenXL
1 Jim & Kris XL
1 Mike KerleyXL
1 Adam DeGraffXLV
1 Andre & Ann DucoteXLV
1 Larry & Teddy Beer XLV
1 Michael & Dr. Vita TerryXLV
1 Paul & Janice HornerXLV
1 Pete & EJ PetreeXLV
1 Elliott & Evy McLeodXLII
1 Eric & Debbie FairesXLII
1 Gary & Peggy StevensXLII
2 James & KrisXLVII
1 Mark & MK HannXLVII

pwf252
03-15-2010, 09:44 AM
James,
Please put us down for a set for our XLV11. We will be in Kerrville if Jon brings them. If not I don't mine paying the shipping costs.
Thanks for your efforts and of course thank you Jon for your consideration in providing this service to us POG folks.

pcb50
03-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Jon/James, I would like a set also, '03 XLII. Even though I have a pit, can't do everything from below. Thank you for your efforts. Paul Branham.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Even if you have a pit I strongly recommend the use of some means of supporting the chassis. I also have a pit and I know from experience when I work on the bus there are times I am getting myself or arms in what would be pinch points if an air bag should fail.

I have never yet found any reason why having the chassis supported was not prudent.

James
03-15-2010, 04:45 PM
21 Sets so far. Here’s the list.

1 Ken & Gwen Brewer H3
1 L J & Vi Verderber H3
1 Ron Walker H3
1 Darrell & Linda XL
1 Jim & Kris XL
1 Mike Kerley XL
1 Adam DeGraff XLV
1 Andre & Ann Ducote XLV
1 Larry & Teddy Beer XLV
1 Michael & Dr. Vita Terry XLV
1 Pete & EJ Petree XLV
1 Paul Branham XLII
2 James & Kris XLVII
1 Mark & MK Hann XLVII
1 Patrick & Sherry Fix XLVII

Coloradobus
03-15-2010, 07:04 PM
James
Maybe a good idea to avoid confusion, change "Jim and Kris", to "Jim and Chris". Looks like your Kris is spelled with a "K" and mine is "C"
Thanks, or just use "Coloradobus":)

James
03-15-2010, 10:19 PM
James
Maybe a good idea to avoid confusion, change "Jim and Kris", to "Jim and Chris". Looks like your Kris is spelled with a "K" and mine is "C"
Thanks, or just use "Coloradobus":)

Sorry, I'll do that on the next update. My Kris insists on a "K".

eureka
03-18-2010, 02:44 AM
John and Donna Ayres will take a set for a 98 xl:D We are planning to go to the Texas rally.

James
03-18-2010, 11:39 AM
John, you're on the list.

22 Sets
3 – H3
5 – XL
6 – XLV
8 - XLVII

1 Ken & Gwen Brewer H3
1 L J & Vi Verderber H3
1 Ron Walker H3
1 Darrell & Linda XL
1 Jim and Chris XL
1 John & Donna Ayres XL
1 Mike Kerley XL
1 Adam DeGraff XLV
1 Andre & Ann Ducote XLV
1 Larry & Teddy Beer XLV
1 Pete & EJ Petree XLV
1 Paul Branham XLII
2 James & Kris XLVII
1 Alan & MK Hann XLVII

Coloradobus
03-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Mary Kay, Whats up with Alan, trade him in on a Mark??:D

James
03-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Mary Kay, Whats up with Alan, trade him in on a Mark??:D

That would be my fault, apologies to Alan & MK.

Thanks for the catch.

Coloradobus
03-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Gee James, I'm just keeping you on your toes.!!:D

James
03-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Gee James, I'm just keeping you on your toes.!!:D

And doing a great job!

Thanks

Alan__
03-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Well, come to think of it I did notice a new pair of boots under the bed. I thought the "MH" initials were for Mr. Hann. Thanks for the heads up!

James
03-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Two more added - Tim & Mia Sparks and Tony Conder.
24 Sets
3 – H3
6 – XL
7 – XLV
8 - XLVII

1 Ken & Gwen Brewer H3
1 L J & Vi Verderber H3
1 Ron Walker H3
1 Darrell & Linda XL
1 Jim and Chris XL
1 John & Donna Ayres XL
1 Mike Kerley XL
1 Tim & Mia Sparks XL
1 Adam DeGraff XLV
1 Andre & Ann Ducote XLV
1 Larry & Teddy Beer XLV
1 Pete & EJ Petree XLV
1 Tony Conder XLV
1 Paul Branham XLII
2 James & Kris XLVII
1 Alan & MK Hann XLVII

Loc
03-20-2010, 12:39 PM
I would like a set for an XLII.

LJV,

Welcome to POG. Gary Stevens said he camped next to you a couple of weeks ago at Lake Livingston. I am amazed that you still wanted to join this group after meeting SpongeBob (aka Gary). We hope to meet you in the near future. Great to have another Houston area POGger.

Loc

James
03-21-2010, 10:21 AM
25 Sets
3 – H3
6 – XL
7 – XLV
9 - XLVII

1 Ken & Gwen Brewer H3
1 L J & Vi Verderber H3
1 Ron Walker H3
1 Darrell & Linda XL
1 Jim and Chris XL
1 John & Donna Ayres XL
1 Mike Kerley XL
1 Tim & Mia Sparks XL
1 Adam DeGraff XLV
1 Andre & Ann Ducote XLV
1 Larry & Teddy Beer XLV
1 Pete & EJ Petree XLV
1 Tony Conder XLV
1 Paul Branham XLII
1 Alan & MK Hann XLVII
2 James & Kris XLVII
1 Loc XLVII

Alek&Lucia
03-21-2010, 11:21 AM
James,

Small correction : XLVII = 47
In your case you have Prevost XLII 45'

Alek

GDeen
03-21-2010, 06:28 PM
James,
Thanks for compiling this. I have an XLV actually, so if you could make that adjustment I would be much obliged.

James
03-22-2010, 09:21 AM
James,

Small correction : XLVII = 47
In your case you have Prevost XLII 45'

Alek

Wouldn't XLII = 42? How about XLV-II?

James
03-22-2010, 09:22 AM
James,
Thanks for compiling this. I have an XLV actually, so if you could make that adjustment I would be much obliged.

Thanks for the correction. I'll make the change and post with the next update.

BUSTER
03-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Please count me in...99 XLV...thanks

James
03-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Please count me in...99 XLV...thanks

You're on the list.
26 Sets
3 – H3
5 – XL
9 – XLV
4 - XLII
5 - XLVII

1 Ken & Gwen Brewer H3
1 L J & Vi Verderber H3
1 Ron Walker H3
1 Darrell & Linda XL
1 Jim and Chris XL
1 John & Donna Ayres XL
1 Mike Kerley XL
1 Tim & Mia Sparks XL
1 Adam DeGraff XLV
1 Andre & Ann Ducote XLV
1 Gordon & Jennifer Deen XLV
1 Larry & Teddy Beer XLV
1 Mike & Jean Simmons XLV
1 Pete & EJ Petree XLV
1 Tony Conder XLV
1 Paul Branham XLII
1 Alan & MK Hann XLVII
2 James & Kris XLVII
1 Loc XLVII

ToyMan
03-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Put me down for a set. Will pick them up at Kerrville. (Hopefully)
XLV

James
03-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Put me down for a set. Will pick them up at Kerryville. (Hopefully)
XLV

You're on the list.
27 Sets
3 – H3
5 – XL
10 – XLV
4 - XLII
5 - XLVII

1 Ken & Gwen Brewer H3
1 L J & Vi Verderber H3
1 Ron Walker H3
1 Darrell & Linda XL
1 Jim and Chris XL
1 John & Donna Ayres XL
1 Mike Kerley XL
1 Tim & Mia Sparks XL
1 Adam DeGraff XLV
1 Andre & Ann Ducote XLV
1 Larry & Teddy Beer XLV
1 Pete & EJ Petree XLV
1 Ron & Suzie Hampton XLV
1 Tony Conder XLV
1 Paul Branham XLII
1 Alan & MK Hann XLVII
2 James & Kris XLVII
1 Loc XLVII

Jon Wehrenberg
04-08-2010, 09:00 PM
I believe for XL and XLII coaches the stands can be the same AS LONG AS THE XL OR XLV COACH HAS THE SQUARE TUBING ACROSS THE REAR BENEATH THE REAR CHASSIS SUPPORTS.

In the photos below are the 14" stands for the front. This is the bottom photo, and it shows the stand under the forward chassis support point. We know these will work on XL and XLII coaches from the previous order. The rear stands shown are the 12" size made previously for the XLII, but by placing them beneath the square cross tube they will work. Early XL models that had an angle as a cross member should use the 13" rear supports, but placed under the vertical rear support and not the angle. The angle is not strong enough to support the weight of the coach sitting on top of the stands.

billbunch47
04-08-2010, 10:28 PM
James, please add me to the list, Bill Bunch XLV

truk4u
04-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Wild Bill, where ya been?

James
04-09-2010, 10:42 AM
James, please add me to the list, Bill Bunch XLV

Bill,

I'll add you to the list.

James
04-09-2010, 10:52 AM
I believe for XL and XLII coaches the stands can be the same

Jon,

Actually 14 inches for all of the stands would work for me. I just measured the XLVII and the rear stands would be fine at 14 inches.

The front body jacking points vary from 14 5/8 inches behind the front wheels to 16 Ό inches in front of the front wheels and that’s allowing Ό inch below the plates to allow slipping the stands in. I can always add a square of plywood shim(s) to make them work.

billbunch47
04-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Tom, Rita had the wild idea to winter in Breckenridge so she could see snow. Two days after we left Columbia had 9 inches go figure. Spent a month with Ralph & Sandy Young at Tiger Run was right nice, a litle cold a couple mornings -22 was the worst but the old bus keep us nice and toasty. Swung down to the FMCA on the way home. Now leaving tomorrow for Apple Vally in Lake Lure for a week with the Royal club and a bunch of Poggers. Hope to run into yall real soon! Talk to ya

Jon Wehrenberg
04-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Jon,

Actually 14 inches for all of the stands would work for me. I just measured the XLVII and the rear stands would be fine at 14 inches.

The front body jacking points vary from 14 5/8 inches behind the front wheels to 16 Ό inches in front of the front wheels and that’s allowing Ό inch below the plates to allow slipping the stands in. I can always add a square of plywood shim(s) to make them work.

We can make the stands any height, but the sizes I showed seem to be generally acceptable. I am presuming the 14" for the rear is to support the bus at the vertical member and not under the square tubing. If that is the case I don't believe the stands will carry the weight in the center because the tubing cross member pushes the stand to the side.

James
04-09-2010, 03:39 PM
If that is the case I don't believe the stands will carry the weight in the center because the tubing cross member pushes the stand to the side.

I was planning using the stands in the area next to the square tubing not under it. I've attached a picture of the area behind the tag wheel.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-10-2010, 07:10 AM
That is what I am talking about. The flat bottom of the vertical member cannot be centered squarely on the top of the stand. I have played with protype versions of the stands and if possible would prefer to see the stands carry the weight centered on the top of them. I now use stands which support the coach beneath the square tubing.

Having said that, I supported my coach on the area adjacent to the biased cut tubing flange with no problems, and on XL coaches with an angle instead of tubing that is how they will need to be supported.

James
04-10-2010, 07:24 AM
I now use stands which support the coach beneath the square tubing.

Is the square tubing of sufficient strength to support the weight of an XLV-II without being crushed or deformed?

Jon Wehrenberg
04-10-2010, 02:06 PM
I have supported my coach that way with no problems and to the best of my knowledge that is how all XLII coaches have been supported.

On earlier coaches instead of the robust tubing there is an angle as a cross member. I would not try to carry the coach on that single leg of the angle and would have to support it directly under the vertical support. That is why there was a difference in height of the rear stands.

Charles Spera
04-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Please include us on the list for our H3. We have made our reservations at Buckhorn and plan to be there.
Thanks for all the effort.

HarborBus
04-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Jon, am I correct in assuming the stands are proper height to support the bus when "fully" raised? Not just to ride height but Fully Raised.

James
04-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Please include us on the list for our H3. We have made our reservations at Buckhorn and plan to be there.
Thanks for all the effort.

You're on the list.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-19-2010, 07:29 AM
Jon, am I correct in assuming the stands are proper height to support the bus when "fully" raised? Not just to ride height but Fully Raised.
You are correct. They are intended to support the coach at its maximum raised height so you can safely get under it.

If you have not done so, when the coach is raised, a person can sit in the area where the wheels are and do any of the work necessary because there is plenty of height in there. There is little or nothing to work on between the axles under the bays.

HarborBus
04-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks Jon, I have to use my stupid questions sparingly I don't want to bump up against my annual limit.:rolleyes:

GSwaim
05-02-2010, 08:03 AM
Hey Jon, Just realized we are neighbors. I'm in Sevierville and looking at outfitting my garage (45'x75') with the ability to lift my 2004 royale XLII-45. I want a set of four jack stands, can I come pick them up?

Jon Wehrenberg
05-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Gary,

They will not be produced prior to the Kerrville rally, but as soon as they are done I can bring a set home in case you aren't going to Kerrville where they will be distributed.

The stands will not lift your coach, but will support it at its maximum raised height which you can raise it to with the level low system.

GSwaim
05-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Jon,

I'm looking at gettin a 25 ton floor jack for the lifting. Trying to find a good pair of strong jack stands is nearly impossible. Karen and I may get out to Keerville for the rally but If not please being a XLII set home with you. Let me know where and when to send money for them.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Gary,

I rarely lift my coach. I do support it. I do raise an axle off the ground to pull a tire. But in 20 years of ownership and about 15 doing my own maintenance and repairs I cannot remember a single instance of using a jack to lift the coach.

I have about eight 12 ton bottle jacks. I also have 4 air over hydraulic bottle jacks from Harbor Freight (about $69) or from Northern Tool ($79). I typically raise the bus and support it with stands. Prior to having stands I used the air over hydraulic jacks in lieu of stands, set them at the lowest position, and screwed out the center adjusting screw. That came almost to the support point height with the bus raised. If I was changing a tire for example I would then lower the bus onto the jack (it's all the way down so it cannot drop down due to a failure) then using the small bottle jacks raise the axle, with the air dumped from the suspension.

The advantage of the stands is they are more stable. I then free up all my bottle jacks to lift the axles as needed, if needed. The only reason to even jack up axles is to remove wheels, work on hub seals, brakes, wheel bearings, or to access certain components such as brake chambers, shocks, or air bags.

Bottle jacks apart from the air over hydraulic jacks are cheap if you wait for a sale. Every now and then 20 ton jacks are offered for $19.95.

As to paying for stands, I don't know their cost yet. The last run the cost was about $124 for a set of four. If nothing else we should get together and swap lies about buses.

akcabin
05-08-2010, 04:30 AM
Jon,

If it is not too late, I would like a set for an early XL.

James
05-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Jon,
If it is not too late, I would like a set for an early XL.

You're on the list.

30 Sets
4 – H3
6 – XL
11 – XLV
5 - XLII
4 - XLVII

1 Chuck & Barb H3-40
1 Ken & Gwen Brewer H3
1 L J & Vi Verderber H3
1 Ron Walker H3
1 Darrell & Linda XL
1 Jim and Chris XL
1 John & Donna Ayres XL
1 Kelly & Rodney Brown XL
1 Mike Kerley XL
1 Tim & Mia Sparks XL
1 Adam DeGraff XLV
1 Andre & Ann Ducote XLV
1 Bill Bunch XLV
1 Larry & Teddy Beer XLV
1 Pete & EJ Petree XLV
1 Tony Conder XLV
1 Elliott & Evy McLeod XL-II
1 Eric & Debbie Faires XL-II
1 Gary & Peggy Stevens XL-II
1 Karen & Gary Swaim XL-II
1 Paul Branham XL-II
1 Alan & MK Hann XLV-II
1 James & Kris XLV-II
1 Loc XLV-II
1 Patrick & Sherry Fix XLV-II

bonhall41
05-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Jon,
Is it too late to order a set of stands for our H3? We will be at Kerrville. Thanks for doing this for everyone. Looking forward to seeing you and Di in Texas.
Bonnie

Jon Wehrenberg
05-08-2010, 05:02 PM
I now have a reasonable idea of quantity (James please add Rob Russell....XLII) so I will get quotes. I'll post the prices ASAP.

James
05-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I now have a reasonable idea of quantity (James please add Rob Russell....XLII) so I will get quotes. I'll post the prices ASAP.

Bob is now on the list.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-09-2010, 11:33 AM
I now have prices for bus stands.

The price is $193.00 delivered to Kerrville. I am unhappy to see the price compared to the last ones has risen so much but with cost of materials being so high I can understand it. They will be made the same as the last production run and will be provided with a durable powder coated finish.

For those that have indicated a desire to purchase a set please re-confirm. I do not want any money until I am ready to place the order. There is no profit in the pricing for Jamestown Advanced or me so please understand when I am ready to place the order I will need money in hand. The order will probably be placed near the end of August.

For those not attending Kerrville when you re-confirm please indicate you will not be going so we can see if there is an economical way to get them to you. If the past is any indication delivery of a set by UPS was almost the same as the cost of a set.

ajducote
07-09-2010, 12:36 PM
John,

I will take a set for a 1998 XLV

I will be at Kerrville

Thanks

GDeen
07-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I am still for a set Jon for my XLV - thanks for your assistance in this.

johnbrowder
07-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Please add me to the list. Although I am currently "busless", I spent this week looking at Liberty XLII's around South Florida. It is only a matter of time for me to pull the trigger. I am certain that the next one will be and XLII. I also will not be in Kerrville, but live in Knoxville, so I would be happy to pick them up at Jon's or wherever is convenient. Thanks to Jon and anyone else facilitating this purchase!

John Browder
Knoxville, TN

HarborBus
07-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Jon,

Count me in for a set for our 2001 40' XLII

We will be in Kerrville

Thanks for your work on this Jon..........

ToyMan
07-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Jon,
I am re-confirming my order for a set.

We will be in Kerrville.

Thanks for doing this for the members.

Ron

ronwalker
07-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Jon,
Yes, I'd still like that set of stands for my H3. I will not make it to Kerrville. I'm hoping I can find one of the west coast guys who will carry them back as far as Arizona for me. I'll rendezvous somewhere along his route home and cause minimum delay.

phorner
07-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Jon,

Thanks for taking this project on. I'm confirming my order for a set for our XLV. However, I will not be in Kerrville. Still deployed working claims for BP now stationed in Mobile, AL and it looks like I'll be here a while....

aggies09
07-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Confirmed. '97 XLV. Should be at Kerrville.

Charles Spera
07-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Confirm. Planning to be in Kerrville.

James
07-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Here's the latest list.

33 Sets
5 – H3
6 – XL
11 – XLV
7 - XLII
4 - XLVII

1 Chuck & Barb H3-40
1 Donald Hall H3-45
1 Ken & Gwen Brewer H3
1 L J & Vi Verderber H3
1 Ron Walker H3
1 Darrell & Linda XL
1 Jim and Chris XL
1 John & Donna Ayres XL
1 Kelly & Rodney Brown XL
1 Mike Kerley XL
1 Tim & Mia Sparks XL
1 Adam DeGraff XLV
1 Andre & Ann Ducote XLV
1 Bill Bunch XLV
1 Larry & Teddy Beer XLV
1 Pete & EJ Petree XLV
1 Tony Conder XLV
1 Bob Russell XL-II
1 Elliott & Evy McLeod XL-II
1 Eric & Debbie Faires XL-II
1 John Browder XL-II?
1 Karen & Gary Swaim XL-II
1 Paul Branham XL-II
1 Alan & MK Hann XLV-II
1 James & Kris XLV-II
1 Loc XLV-II
1 Patrick & Sherry Fix XLV-II

Jon Wehrenberg
07-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Prior to releasing the order for production I will compile a list with the individual buyer's information which will include the delivery point and the specific heights of the supports. I have had at least three request non standard heights and I want to be sure before cutting metal I have the correct information.

For those not receiving their supports in Kerrville, I also want to make sure arrangments for alternate deliveries have been made, such as giving them to a neighbor who is going to Kerrville, picking them up here in Knoxville, or some other arrangements.

At that time I will ask for checks.

Special thanks to James for keeping this information orderly.

pwf252
07-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Jon,
Reconfirming our desire to have a set for our 2002 XLV-II. We will be in Kerrville to pick them up. Appreciate your efforts in producing and delivering these for us.

Jay Becker
07-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Jon,

May I add a set for my '91 XL40 to the order list, for shipping to California?

Thanks!

Jay Becker

LJV
07-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Confirmed, 2008 H3. Will be at Kerrville.
L J Verderber

akcabin
07-15-2010, 02:07 AM
Confirmed. Will need shipping to Anchorage AK. Can provide Fedex account info for direct billing of shipping.

Thanks,

Rodney

Alan__
07-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Confirmed. Will pick up at Kerrville.

Thanks.

Alan

Darrell and Linda
07-15-2010, 10:15 PM
hey Jon, stand confirmation for Kerrville for my 1990 XL40... I see james is keeping track...... Your efforts are greatly appreciated..... It deserves a wobbley pop in Texas

charlesebrownjr
07-16-2010, 06:46 PM
I would like a set. 1999 40' XL CC. Will be in Kerrville

Pete
07-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Keep me on the list, will be in Kerrville. (God willing)
Pete

Loc
07-16-2010, 09:17 PM
Jon,

Confirming a set for the Deuce. I will be in K-ville.

Thanks,

Loc

Coloradobus
07-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Jon, Please keep us on the the list for a set for our Beaver Bus XL40, #34.
See you in Kerrville. Yep, we are skipping out of anAirstream function in Gallup, NM and coming to Texas

Jon Wehrenberg
08-02-2010, 08:39 PM
If my count is correct, 19 sets of stands have been reconfirmed after I posted the pricing. I will place the order some time next week for those that have reconfirmed. Once production begins I don't believe I will be able to add any stands.

For those who may be questioning the heights of the stands I am going to post the heights, and as mentioned before any height can be ordered and produced so if you have special needs just let me know.

For those not picking them up in Kerrville lets see if we can figure a way to get them to you either via a friend who can pick them up for you in Kerrville, or picking up here in Knoxville or shipping (expensive).

LarryB
08-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Jon, Plz keep me on the list, we plan to be at Kerrville. Thankx

michaeldterry
08-03-2010, 10:28 AM
If my count is correct, 19 sets of stands have been reconfirmed after I posted the pricing. I will place the order some time next week for those that have reconfirmed. Once production begins I don't believe I will be able to add any stands.

<SNIP>

For those not picking them up in Kerrville lets see if we can figure a way to get them to you either via a friend who can pick them up for you in Kerrville, or picking up here in Knoxville or shipping (expensive).

Jon - attendance at Kerrville is uncertain for us at this time (pesky work schedule issues for Vita). However, I'd make a run to Knoxville to pick mine up, since I need to plan a trip to see Rob Russell sometime soon anyway. Would that work for you? If so, please accept this as reconfirmation of my order.

mike kerley
08-03-2010, 01:22 PM
John, Please keep us on the list. We'll not be in Kerrville, but I'll send a check and find a way to get the stands to Florida or we'll come up and get them. Thanks again.

GSwaim
08-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Hey Jon,

I'm still good for a pair of stands for an XLII. I am going to Kerrville but why don't I pick them up in Knoxville since I'm a neighbor just down in Sevierville, TN. I figure it will be a good reason to come visit you in knoxville and see your digs. then maybe you can come visit me and see my digs.

Cya in Kerrville,

pcb50
08-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Jon, I still want a set but will not be at Kerrville. Paul Branham '03 XLII. Thank you.

Timia
08-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Confirmed for 40XL and plan on being in Kerrville. Thank you.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Added Matt Stuller who posted on the other thread. XLII.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Here's the latest list.

Special, Jim Chaloupka confirmed, Kerrville 2 12" only
1 Chuck & Barb H3-40 `confirmed, Kerrville
1 Donald Hall H3-45
1 Ken & Gwen Brewer H3
1 L J & Vi Verderber H3 confirmed, Kerrville
1 Ron Walker H3 confirmed, need way to get stands, special dimensions required 8" and 12"
1 Darrell & Linda XL confirmed, Kerrville, 13" rear
1 Jim and Chris XL confirmed, Kerrville, 13" rear
1 John & Donna Ayres XL
1 Kelly & Rodney Brown XL confirmed, Kerrville, 13" rear
1 Mike Kerley XL confirmed, friend picking up Kerrville, 13" rear
1 Tim & Mia Sparks XL
1 Adam DeGraff XLV
1 Andre & Ann Ducote XLV confirmed, Kerrville
1 Bill Bunch XLV
1 Gordon & Jennifer Deen XLV confirmed, Kerrville
1 Larry & Teddy Beer XLV confirmed, Kerrville
1 Michael & Dr. Vita Terry XLV confirmed, Knoxville
1 Paul & Janice Horner XLV confirmed, need way to get stands
1 Pete & EJ Petree XLV confirmed, Kerrville
1 Ron & Suzie Hampton XLV confirmed, Kerrville
1 Tony Conder XLV confirmed, Kerrville
1 Bob Russell XL-II Confirmed, Knoxville
1 Elliott & Evy McLeod XL-II confirmed, Kerrville
1 Eric & Debbie Faires XL-II confirmed, Knoxville, special height 13" and 11"
1 John Browder XL-II? confirmed, Knoxville
1 Karen & Gary Swaim XL-II confirmed, Knoxville
1 Paul Branham XL-II confirmed, need way to get stands
1 Alan & MK Hann XLV-II confirmed, Kerrville
1 James & Kris XLV-II confirmed, Kerrville
1 Loc XLV-II confirmed, Kerrville
1 Patrick & Sherry Fix XLV-II confirmed, Kerrville
1 Jay Becker XL confirmed, 13" rear need delivery to CA
1 Charles Brown XLII? confirmed, Kerrville,
1 Timia? XL confirmed, needs delivery somewhere, need bus type
1 Matt Stuller XLII confirmed, delivery location unknown
1 Don Hall H3 confirmed, Kerrville

I used James list and added confirmation from the posts above in red. I also added the known or unknown delivery points.

The orders which say 13" rears are for early model XL coaches with an angle cross member in the rear. I would not recommend the use of that angle to support the coach so the stands are higher to be placed under the vertical support member. All XLII and later model XL coaches with the square tube cross member in the rear will receive 12" stands which can be placed beneath the square tube.

I do not have reliable height dimensions for H3 coaches or Ron Walker's H3. Will those with an H3 post dimensions from the bottom of the Prevost support points (with the bus fully raised) to the ground.

Eric and Deb, your existing stands may be able to be modified and Mango the same hold true for yours. No sense buying new ones unless you prefer that.

For those not attending Kerrville but need your stands please see if anyone near you can pick your stands up in Kerrville or Knoxville. The freight on these is expensive.

For those who have not confirmed, please indicate your wishes and either James or I will edit the list. I plan on releasing the order late next week at which time I will provide all the information for the checks.

James
08-14-2010, 01:23 PM
All XLII and later model XL coaches with the square tube cross member in the rear will receive 12" stands which can be placed beneath the square tube.

Jon,

Could you make our set with the 13" rears? The 13" will work with our XL-II.

Thanks,

Jon Wehrenberg
08-14-2010, 01:48 PM
James, Tell me why, because if it doesn't work on yours there may be others equally affected. A picture would be good.

James
08-15-2010, 09:24 AM
James, Tell me why, because if it doesn't work on yours there may be others equally affected. A picture would be good.

When I raise the bus I have the clearance to put the 13 inch stands in place.

They may not work for everyone. If you're unsure go with the 12 inch stands.

Ray Davis
08-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I had the chance to use my stands I purchased 2 years ago and the 14 in worked great in the rear of my xl2. I raised the bus as high as it would go and ended up using 3 shims.

eureka
08-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Do to opening a new business with my son we will not make the rally. If any one is coming towards Eureka CA and can throw them in a bay that would be great, otherwise I guess I need to cancel the order. John Ayres

Jon Wehrenberg
08-15-2010, 04:19 PM
John, Harry is from up that way and there may be others.

ronwalker
08-16-2010, 12:53 AM
Special dimensions for my converted seated coach with no leveling system as yet are 8" rear and 12" front. My apologies for the odd size.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Noted and edited Ron. Special heights are not a problem.

H# owners........Please, someone provide reliable dimensions with the bus fully raised.

GDeen
08-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Jon, I will be at Kerrville.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-16-2010, 12:30 PM
So noted...........

bonhall41
08-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Jon,
We definitely want a set for our H345 and will be at Kerrville. Please advise if you want a check before then. Thanks.

Bonnie

Jon Wehrenberg
08-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Bonnie,

You are on my list.............:D

Any chance you or Don can get me H3 stand height dimensions? Still need dimensions for the H3.

bonhall41
08-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Jon,
We're out of town (taking Donald's dad to MD Anderson in Houston)and not sure when we will return. I'll check when we get back and if you don't have them by then, we'll get the numbers to you.
Bonnie

Jon Wehrenberg
08-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks Bonnie.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Tomorrow I will fax the order for stands to the factory.

Please send checks for $193 to me at 6745 Thorngrove Pike, Knoxville TN 37914

Those attending Kerrville will receive them there and the delivery cost is included. Those picking them up in Knoxville also have the delivery cost included.

Those not able to get them in Knoxville or Kerrville please see if someone in either place can pick them up for you at either location and deliver them to you. The cost to ship is expensive. Those that need them shipped let me know and I will see if the factory can ship them direct at better prices than I can get.

I am not ordering any stands for H3 buses except for Ron's because I do not know the correct dimensions. If anybody has one please measure and get back to me.

Charles Spera
08-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Jon,
My puny H3-40 (41) will work just fine with 14" height. Thank you very much. The check is in the mail.

Timia
09-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Thank you Jon,
Check is in the mail.
Tim Sparks

Gary Carmichael
09-02-2010, 06:50 AM
James I would like a set also H-3, I was not a member last year when the orders were taken. Thanks Jon for all you do for this group, I had posted a while back to ask if you could use the jacks for long time parking like in Fla in winter or would they be to high?

Gary Carmichael
09-02-2010, 06:55 AM
Jon, I will send check out today, I plan on being in Knoxville early Nov If you are there I could stop by and pick them up. any color fine welllll, except pink! Ha Ha

michaeldterry
09-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Vita and I are still trying to work it out to attend at least part of the rally in Kerrville, but at the moment, it looks less than promising. :(

If there is anyone attending from the general Atlanta area or that will be passing through Atlanta on their way home from the rally that could bring my bus stands this way for me, please let me know! Otherwise, I will make arrangements with jon to pick mine up in Knoxville at a later date.

Thanks!

HarborBus
09-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Jon, Checks in the mail. Thanks again for all your hard work on this project.

Elliott

Gary Carmichael
09-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Jon I will measure my coach and send measurements, I am out of town till Sunday Sept 5th measure then. If thats to late, that's ok too. I'll still send info for you to have any way. marrying off a nephew.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-03-2010, 12:08 PM
I will await your measurements. Body support points, front and rear, to the floor with the bus fully raised using level-low.

Another POG H3 owner is also going to provide the measurements so this will be a good cross check.

pcb50
09-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Jon, my check for the stands went out in today's mail. If there is a drop ship option, please do that with mine, for an XLII. If not, I'll have to arrange a visit to Knoxville this fall. Thank you. Paul Branham.

Gary Carmichael
09-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Jon, did you ever get the measurements from the other H3 owner? just wondering if they are the same as mine were. Safe trip Gary

Jon Wehrenberg
09-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Gary,

They were close so I picked a size that works for all.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-13-2010, 10:21 AM
I am in Jamestown at the factory, planning on getting home late tomorrow. As soon as i can I will be posting pictures of the stands in production. They will be powder coated black (last run was gray) on Wednesday so for all practical purposes this run is complete and stands are available for all who have confirmed the order and sent the check.

They look great.

James
09-13-2010, 03:26 PM
They will be powder coated black (last run was gray) on Wednesday so for all practical purposes this run is complete and stands are available for all who have confirmed the order and sent the check.

What no color match with my coach? I suppose the GPS sensors for precise positioning was left out as well:)

Jon Wehrenberg
09-13-2010, 04:38 PM
James, the color was carefully selected to match the color of the highly polished slack adjusters and differential as well as the wheel well color and the color of the tires. I could have asked for Volunteer Orange to match the trim on JDUB's plane.

ronwalker
09-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Jon, The check (with a creative spelling of your name) for my stands should arrive shortly. Please hold them in Knoxville for my pickup there around the end of October. More coordination later.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-15-2010, 09:18 AM
The beginning of the stands starts with getting the pieces ready for welding. The tubes are cut in a saw, the other pieces go through other processes including shearing, or punching or bending.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-15-2010, 09:25 AM
The next step is to weld the stands. In the photos below Nick is welding a stand using a MIG welder.

The photos are out of order, but in the center photo Nick has tack welded the base and gussets and is beginning the finish welding. He will weld every joint.

The first photo shows a pallet of stands staged for powder coating, along with pallets of charcoal grilles and fire rings in the background. Powder coating is taking place today so I did not get photos. The coating line used to put the finish on the stands happens to be the same powder coating line that was used in Detroit at one time to powder coat our Diesel engines.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-15-2010, 09:34 AM
While Nicks was welding bus stands, in another department of the factory Bonnie, Mimi and Renee were assembling electrical power outlets such as you might plug into in a campground.

The photos are out of order, but the top photo shows Renee putting the outer panels on an outlet, this one being a metered pedestal outlet, center photo shows Mimi packing a completed power outlet, the bottom photo shows Bonnie installing the internals.

The outlet being made is a Jamestown branded outlet (notice the door), but the company builds and also private labels outlets for other companies which are sold through electric supply houses and big box stores.

GDeen
09-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Good stuff Jon. Thanks for your efforts.

My partners and I have been involved in lots of business - mostly successful (thankfully), some not so much. Manufacturing was one endeavor in which we got a spanking. When we sold our FRP plant after 2 years in the red, I had a new appreciation for the process of profitable manufacturing.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Ron Walker, I will have your stands in Knoxville. They will be available any time after the Kerrville rally.

To those who will not pick up stands in Kerrville or Knoxville there are two options. The first is to ask a friend who can pick them up at either place to carry them to you. The second is we can ship them UPS in four boxes direct from the factory in Jamestown. To get an idea of the costs to FL the cost will be $65 (to Orlando as an example) or to LA in CA will cost $96. The price will vary depending on the zip code. Let me know.

To Gordon......I have restored three bankrupt businesses and created one from scratch. All were manufacturing. I love doing that kind of work and at this point would do one now just for kicks, but I don't want to be stuck with one. I suspect trying to sell even a successful one in today's economy would be tough. For a time I helped a few lenders try to get their borrowers out of a hole, but found unless I had the power to control the borrowers they were going to continue doing whatever they did that got them in trouble in the first place.

charlesebrownjr
09-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Mine are coming in Mauve with embedded Rubies and Diamonds, right?

GDeen
09-15-2010, 10:30 PM
To Gordon......I have restored three bankrupt businesses and created one from scratch. All were manufacturing. I love doing that kind of work and at this point would do one now just for kicks, but I don't want to be stuck with one. I suspect trying to sell even a successful one in today's economy would be tough. For a time I helped a few lenders try to get their borrowers out of a hole, but found unless I had the power to control the borrowers they were going to continue doing whatever they did that got them in trouble in the first place.

We bought our plant with a plan brought to us by guys with a strong background in the design and engineering side of FRP products. What we learned the hard way is that custom built projects with high markups can quickly go upside down if there are mistakes in manufacturing or specs aren't met perfectly. This leads to the manufacturer (us) correcting the problem at our cost to build a reputation as a high quality, dependable company. This is critical when the custoimer base is largely volatile type industries (petrochemical, etc).

There was a market for the products but they were rarely repeatable, and building one off vessels or other complex custom fabs required perfection that our folks and existing systems where unable to deliver reliably. We could have gotten there by making a big step up in an added layer of QC personnel, higher qualtity CAD capabilities, automated layouts, etc, but just lost that loving feeling.

I ended up selling it to another FRP manufacturer who was geared up to make a limited range of vessels and could run the same dimension vessel on all shifts for a week or month at a time. Lower margins, but much less variability and thus cost overrun on customer satisfaction. To mimick his model would have required investment in bulk product and trying to penetrate a market already dominated by a couple of brands (his included) - read lower pricing, thus not attractive returns for some time to come.

Could have bought a nice XLII with what I "learned" on that investment!:cool:

Jon Wehrenberg
09-16-2010, 07:35 AM
Welcome to my world Gordon. An education at the most expensive college is chump change compared to the mistakes we pay for in the real world.

The factory is geared for custom production and the key to success in my opinion is building from a database of custom products that has been perfected over time. With the exception of certain operations such as the cutting of tubes and welding of the stands, most production is run on computer controlled equipment run by programs in the engineering database. Not every production facility has such capability, but then again not every company is expected to deliver a truckload of special products within 3 days of receiving the order. That turnaround time is routine, and a truckload of steel is received and shipped in finished product within a 3 to 5 day window. At that speed of production we cannot afford errors, and when I sold the company we were experiencing one return for every 10,000 products shipped. As a footnote more than 50% of the production was brought back from Korea, China, Malaysia, etc. so obviously with tight margins there is no room for mistakes.

The stands took 2 days from the release to the plant until staging for coating. NO QC, no factory floor supervisors, but a bonus for productivity and severe loss of bonus if a product is wrong.

GDeen
09-16-2010, 09:28 AM
As I said, I have a whole new appreciation for manufacturing after that experience. Also learned to appreciate what Mango's business is like although we made a good investment in restaurants - just a lot more to it than most realize.

Will stick to oil and gas, and real estate........

Jim Skiff
09-16-2010, 09:31 AM
and bad crabmeat rolls.....

Jon Wehrenberg
09-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Restaurants are a manufacturing business with the exact same issues ranging from production to delivery as any industrial manufacturing plant. I have a great deal of respect for folks that can juggle all the issues in a restaurant that needs all the skills our factory possesses in terms of production, but also needs the people skills we sure do not have.

The QC department missed the crabmeat.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-16-2010, 11:40 AM
The bus stands are ready to ship. I have been reconciling the confirmed orders (see post #132 on this thread) with checks received so far and shipping information and some problems have arisen. I have checks from people who are not on the list, or who did not confirm they wanted stands. I also do not have checks from some people who did confirm.

Here is the situation...I can try to add the new orders to the run, but this means the factory will have to go through the set ups again. I am OK with that except those who have not sent checks already have had stand produced. If I don't get paid for them they end up in my garage.

So I have two options.....I can use the stands that have been confirmed, but not paid for to give to those who did not send a check, or I can order additional stands to cover those that confirmed but did not pay, and still have stands for those who paid but were not on the confirmed list.

Just so the scope of the problem is known 14 still have not paid but confirmed, while 20 have paid, three of which were not on the confirmed list.

If you have not paid please do so ASAP. If I have not received payment by this time next week I will apply some of those not paid to those who paid but who did not confirm and make the balance available to whoever will pay. I have to pay the factory for these and neither the factory or I are making a cent on this.

I have a few that the purchaser has requested that we ship. We can do that easily via USP. Please provide me with shipping instructions and I will see they are shipped direct from the factory. The price range should be as seen in post #167.

pcb50
09-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Jon, I have paid but would like mine shipped. My address is Paul Branham, 301 N. 1st. St., Springfield, Il. 62702. I appreciate what you have done for the benefit of all. Thanks. Paul.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Paul,

I am awaiting all shipping decisions from those not picking up in Knoxville or Kerrville and will ask the factory to do all shipping on one day. I will let everyone know. Likely this will happen at the same time the truck shipments go out to Kerrville and Knoxville.

Gary Carmichael
09-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Jon, I assume you got my check, and like we talked about I will pick up stands in October at your house, how many H3-45 stands did you get were they all the same as my measurements? Thank you for all the work! Gary Carmichael

Gary Carmichael
09-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Jon, I assume you got my check, I will pick up at your house late Oct were all the H3-45 the same?

GDeen
09-16-2010, 06:04 PM
No amount of lost investment is as bad as the memory of that long night.....

HarborBus
09-16-2010, 07:45 PM
The bus stands are ready to ship. I have been reconciling the confirmed orders (see post #132 on this thread) with checks received so far and shipping information and some problems have arisen. I have checks from people who are not on the list, or who did not confirm they wanted stands. I also do not have checks from some people who did confirm.

Here is the situation...I can try to add the new orders to the run, but this means the factory will have to go through the set ups again. I am OK with that except those who have not sent checks already have had stand produced. If I don't get paid for them they end up in my garage.

So I have two options.....I can use the stands that have been confirmed, but not paid for to give to those who did not send a check, or I can order additional stands to cover those that confirmed but did not pay, and still have stands for those who paid but were not on the confirmed list.

Just so the scope of the problem is known 14 still have not paid but confirmed, while 20 have paid, three of which were not on the confirmed list.

If you have not paid please do so ASAP. If I have not received payment by this time next week I will apply some of those not paid to those who paid but who did not confirm and make the balance available to whoever will pay. I have to pay the factory for these and neither the factory or I are making a cent on this.

I have a few that the purchaser has requested that we ship. We can do that easily via USP. Please provide me with shipping instructions and I will see they are shipped direct from the factory. The price range should be as seen in post #167.

Wow Jon, What an absolute nightmare for you to have to deal with. I know you were volunteered for this project and you graciously took it on but then to have the situation you described above is just the pits.

I sent my check on September 2ND but it hasn't been cashed so I have no way of knowing if you received it. Could you post all of the confirmed names and just simply indicate they are "paid" or "not paid". That also may serve as a reminder that the "not paid" need to get it in gear. Again my heart felt thanks for all the work you have put into this project.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-16-2010, 08:09 PM
If you have sent the check I have it and will hold it until I am confident the stands are shipped, hence nobody's check has cleared.

I don't want to post names.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Tomorrow I deposit all the checks received for stands and issue shipping instructions to the factory. The stands being sent to Knoxville will be available as soon as we return from Kerrville, around 10/18. I will have stands for Debi and Eric and Gary Swaim sent to Kerrville, but if it is not convenient to get them there I will bring them home to Knoxville.

If you have not paid the $193 please do not send it now, but give it to me in Kerrville. Be aware that some who confirmed did not pay, and some who did not order or confirmed did pay so I made an executive decision since the order has been produced. Those who have paid even if they did not order will get stands. Those who confirmed the order, but did not send a check will get stands if they are available. I anticipate I will have more stands available than I will have been paid for so if anyone wants stands in Kerrville it will be first come, first served.

amigomillers
10-28-2010, 12:28 PM
jon
you sold out here in kerrville before we got a set. what is the correct height for a 2001 XLII? thanks.
danny and debbie

Jon Wehrenberg
10-28-2010, 05:35 PM
13 3/4 front, 11 3/4 rear. Works for XL with world transmission and XLII.

garyde
10-29-2010, 12:06 AM
What do you think about these Jon?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200304819_200304819

Would these be a good alternative or should they not be adjustable.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Gary,

I couldn't open the link. It locked my computer up. But if it is for the air over hydraulic adjustible jacks I use them often. On my coach with the hydraulic part all the way down, and the screw adjustment all the way up they are 1" short of my support points in the rear with the bus fully raised. As long as the hydraulic portion is down they are failsafe supports. I tend to use them for lifting however although they will work as supports also.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-29-2010, 07:21 AM
Gary,

I got it to open and see it is jack stands.

Two concerns. Is it 12 ton per pair or each one? The drawback however is if the minimum height is 18" they are too tall.

phorner
11-03-2010, 09:18 PM
On my way back to the bus from work today, I received a call from fellow Pogger Ron Hampton asking my whereabouts. Ron mentioned that he had just pulled in next to me in Theodore, AL. Ron had picked up my bus stands for me in Kerrville and was making a delivery.

After a long day on the road under less than favorable weather conditions, Ron found his way to the campground we're staying in while I'm deployed to the Mobile field office in response to the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill incident.

Many thanks, Ron, for taking the time and making the effort to get my bus stands to me.

Delivery to my door. Man, you can't beat that!

hobobimmer
11-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Can't beat that for service! Poggers are great! That is how much you guys were missed at the rally!!!

Deb, Eric, and Jay

scott13
01-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Jon, Are these stands still being built? If so are there any for H-3s? I could use a couple sets. Scott Akers