PDA

View Full Version : Small bits and pieces and misc / minor repair advise needed for 94 Angola.

Jeff Bayley
03-09-2010, 06:37 PM
I flew Joe in here to do a weeks worth of work on my Royal and Angola. Mainly the Angola. A punch list of a couple dozen minor things. I'm going to try to email Don Wolf (service manager) at Pantera assuming he works for them still. He was with Angola and I think he has followed with the group as it has changed names twice now. I don't know if he'll have the parts suppliers from that far back. Maybe.

Below are the pictures of what I need. The clips are for the drawers and are tired after 16 years and letting the drawers slide out when I corner. I'd like to find the same clips so I can use all the existing holes on the drawers without the hassle of lining them up.

Next, I need a top hat. I don't have a truck stop within 100 miles so just need to order it unless there's a good idea on how to remove this one and get the rust from the ring off and refinished. Maybe just a power wire wheel, primer and some good silver paint ? Don't know if it would last. Rust on back ring only thing wrong.

Next pictures are of the water bay. I can't not figure out how to operate this to let water into the holding tank. I have to take a plastic threaded screw off the top of the holding tank and put a hose in it. Joe is going to fiddle with it. Does any Angola owner of similar year (1994) have a manual for the bus ? I have nothing. Would pay for a copy if I can get it. Would help me to sell the bus after we get it dolled up. If you don't want to make a whole copy, maybe just fax the pages on the water bay. Fax is 877-270-3505. Thank you.

Related is the spring loaded recoiling water hose real. Spring is shot. Where to get an exact replacement OR fix the existing one. Believe the spring is tired. If I remove it it might have the manufactures name on it. Haven't checked yet. Ideas welcome.

Next picture is off a crack in the kitchen corian along with the patch kit I got for it 4 years ago. Don't know if anyone can say yeah or neh to that brand of kit. I believe I have to router out the crack and then fill it in.

Next pictures of bathroom faucets with finish flaking off. Presume I can pick our a standard home fixture replacement but if incorrect, suggestions welcomed.

Next is the door handle and also the grab bar at the entrance. The finish is gone. Not brass, brass type finish. Since I need the same length and screw pattern, I'll probably need to take these off and see if I can have them refinished. Don't know where to look to have it done. Suggestions ?

The last picture is a hub cap for my Royal. I ordered one once before but can't remember or find the receipt for it. Suspect it can come from the same supplier than I get the other top hat from.

That's the list for now but I'll probably have more stuff I need help with after Joe digs into things over the next few days.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Jeff Bayley
03-09-2010, 06:42 PM
.........Pictures continued

Dallas Cates
12-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Jeff,

Real Wheels can help you with the Royal hub cap. http://www.realwheels.com/centermount.html

Dallas

garyde
12-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Hi Jeff. Look up 'Plating' in phone book for your grab bars.
Latches: http://www.thehardwarehut.com/cabinet_catches_latches.php
and try Camping world for a new hose reel.

regarding the Corian surface. Call your Local Counter top Contractors for a new top. Lowes and Home Depot also will give quote counter tops.

charlesebrownjr
12-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Any local counter or flooring contractor can fix the corian. They have solvents the kind of melt the crack and then sand and buff in stages to get you back to normal.

LNDYCHT
12-21-2010, 11:15 PM
I have a full set of caps that match the front you have shown,let me know what you need. The grab bars are an easy fix, they are missing the clear coat and are tarnished. Remove the bars, use some paint stripper to remove the remaining clear coat on the affected part. Polish the parts with some metal polish (I use the same as I use on my rims). Clean the parts really well and re clear them. The same will work on your faucet if you want to save it. All you need is time and elbow grease.

michaeldterry
12-22-2010, 09:05 AM
I have a full set of caps that match the front you have shown,let me know what you need. The grab bars are an easy fix, they are missing the clear coat and are tarnished. Remove the bars, use some paint stripper to remove the remaining clear coat on the affected part. Polish the parts with some metal polish (I use the same as I use on my rims). Clean the parts really well and re clear them. The same will work on your faucet if you want to save it. All you need is time and elbow grease.

Lee - if Jeff doesn't still need those caps, I may be interested!

tpr
12-22-2010, 08:43 PM
The brass grab rails are just towel bars you can get them at any bath store. I replaced them on my 1996 angola. I also replaced the bath faucet just measure the holes, I think they are 3 inch centers. I ordered a high end faucet set on the internet and it fit perfectly. I'm pretty sure Don Wolfe is still at Panterra, I was there this summer and they did some fine work on my Legendary.

Jeff Bayley
12-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Lee- Good thing logged on and surprise that you have those caps I need. PM me or email me and let me know what the deal is on how I can get hold of them.

Thanks Lee.

Jeff

LNDYCHT
12-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Lee- Good thing logged on and surprise that you have those caps I need. PM me or email me and let me know what the deal is on how I can get hold of them.

Thanks Lee.

Jeff

Jeff

I tried to PM you but you have it blocked.

I have a full set of 6 caps including mounting hardware, I changed to Alcoa caps. Let me know what you need. I can ship them to you, if they are worth something let me know. Someone else showed some interest if you don't need the all.

Lee