PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Global Warming?

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
03-06-2010, 09:12 PM
It's so COLD here in Key West:confused::confused:

dale farley
03-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Ed, This is no big surprise. I read in the paper today that this has been the longest/coldest Winter that Florida has seen in over 60 years. If you need help digging out, just give us a call.

treedoc
03-07-2010, 07:05 AM
I was going to take a bike ride from Naples on Monday to Key West but maybe I should change my mind!! :eek:

merle&louise
03-07-2010, 08:28 AM
It is probably a little warmer on the west coast of Florida because the Gulf of Mexico is warmer than the Atlantic Ocean. The gulf stream circulates the Atlantic waters and thereby cools the east coast and the keys.

At least that is Al Gore's explanation.:eek:

lloyd&pamela
03-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Ed are you starting rumors. It is a beautiful day in the Keys, high 60's, blue skies, 10 mph trade wind blowing from the east and warming over the week to 80. We have listened to three days of great live music. Sounds like more local mis-information to keep the tourist away. -- Hey, since we're here and it's already getting crowded with spring break ... forget what I said.

IT IS FREEZING OUTSIDE AND A BLIZZARD IS EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON. Stay home it is warmer north.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
03-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Yes, it is a beautiful today. Sure hope this melts quickly so we can get to Mobile.;)

sawdust_128
03-10-2010, 09:41 PM
I heard about your dilema. I arrrived in Marathon today and brought 84 degrees with me. Did some of it manage to get spread over to key west?

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
03-10-2010, 10:11 PM
It did spread to Key West today. Now those "Northerners" are making us leave to go to Mobile to eat Oysters.:rolleyes:
We leave out tomorrow to make our way to Mobile. Stopping off in Arcadia, FL for a weekend of bluegrass music. Pam and Lloyd are at Boyd's Campground in Key West.
Did you bring down all this wind tonight?
Sandy

Orren Zook
03-10-2010, 11:28 PM
We leave out tomorrow to make our way to Mobile. Stopping off in Arcadia, FL for a weekend of bluegrass music.
Sandy

Have you ever stayed at Cross Creek in Arcadia?

Pete
03-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Orren, nice looking 51 Ford! I have a 51 Ford Club Coupe in my stable, one of my favorite cars!
Pete

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
03-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Have you ever stayed at Cross Creek in Arcadia?

No Orren. We always stay at Craig's RV Park right where the Bluegrass Festival is happening.
Sandy

sawdust_128
03-11-2010, 09:59 AM
It did spread to Key West today. Now those "Northerners" are making us leave to go to Mobile to eat Oysters.:rolleyes:
We leave out tomorrow to make our way to Mobile. Stopping off in Arcadia, FL for a weekend of bluegrass music. Pam and Lloyd are at Boyd's Campground in Key West.
Did you bring down all this wind tonight?
Sandy

I did not bring down the wind. I know you all think that the storage in the bays of an H3 is unlimited, but one full day af warm, sunshine, mild breeze and beautiful was all I could fit on board. Sorry. Maybe I need a big stacker to load to come back.

Orren Zook
03-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Orren, nice looking 51 Ford! I have a 51 Ford Club Coupe in my stable, one of my favorite cars!
Pete

Thanks Pete, I like it too but my wife doesn't care for it - too loud she says, but pro streets are supposed to be like that.

Orren Zook
03-11-2010, 10:55 AM
No Orren. We always stay at Craig's RV Park right where the Bluegrass Festival is happening.
Sandy

Thanks Sandy, my neighbor at Hilton Head a couple weeks ago said that was where he stayed when in that area.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
03-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Sawdust(Ed & Cindy)
Are y'all at Knight's Key?

sawdust_128
03-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Arrrhhh! We be with the Jolly Roger matey.

We are on Grassy Key.

http://jrtp.com/index.html