PDA

View Full Version : New member - new Bus

Roadpilot
03-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Hello everyone! We're Dick and Jean Beede from the Lakes Region of NH and Pelican Lake in Naples, FL. We just bought an '06 H3-45 Millenniumm. Hopefully a picture of it will appear as my avatar. We looked for 2 years and finally found a coach that had everything on our "must" list. So far so good.

Look forward to learning all about Prevost's with the help of all you forum guru's.:)

dale farley
03-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Welcome Dick and Jean. I am sure you will enjoy your new bus and all the info you can get from this forum.

Show us some pictures of the new bus. Look forward to meeting you at one of the rallies.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the asylum. I seriously doubt if we are forum guru's. We are all a little crazy so if you feel you meet that qualification you are going to fit right in.

If you have questions feel free to ask them here. Just don't expect answers, much less correct ones.

Come to our rallies, mini rallies if possible but especially the one in Kerville in October. We all want to see your coach and look forward to the buffet we expect when a new member shows off the coach for the first time. I really like oysters so please include them in the buffet.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Welcome Dick and Jean, nice to have you aboard.

Your avatar did not appear yet looking forward to pictures.

Check the image size as that is usually the issue with images.

JIM:)

Loc
03-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Welcome Dick and Jean. It is always nice to see new members who have the most discriminating tastes in Prevost converters. Watch out for the Millennium bashers they are just jealous.:D

michaeldterry
03-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Hello everyone! We're Dick and Jean Beede from the Lakes Region of NH and Pelican Lake in Naples, FL. We just bought an '06 H3-45 Millenniumm. Hopefully a picture of it will appear as my avatar. We looked for 2 years and finally found a coach that had everything on our "must" list. So far so good.

Look forward to learning all about Prevost's with the help of all you forum guru's.:)

Welcome to POG, Dick and Jean! You've made two brilliant choices buying a Prevost and joining POG! We all look forward to seeing pictures of your new bus and learning more about you. Vita and I hope to meet you both soon out on the road or at one of the rallies! :D

rickdesilva
03-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Welcome Dick and Jean. We have been owners in Pelican since its inception. We are on 4767....although our coach is currently at Parliament for some upgrades. You'll love this group, just wear your Kevlar suit at rallies.:)

hobobimmer
03-04-2010, 07:40 PM

Welcome Dick and Jean to POG. To get started right, meet us for our Oyster Fest Mini Rally on 3/18 - 3/21 (or dates something like that) this month in Mobile, AL. We eat raw oysters for three or four days at restaurant called Wentzels (waitress named Pinkie), then go home. It's very fun time. Perfect reason to drive your bus on a trip, no matter what other plans you might have already made.

We look forward to meeting you both on the road.

Eric, Debbie, Jay Faires
Huntsville, TN

truk4u
03-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Welcome aboard Dick and Jean, you have come to the right place, but beware of advise that is made up to make you feel good!;) By the way, was your membership fee 50.00 for two years?

Jon Wehrenberg
03-04-2010, 09:10 PM
When did they raise the membership? Last time I re-upped it was $10.00 plus the monthy magazine was part of it.

garyde
03-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Welcome to our group of POG misfits and bus nuts. keep posting and sharing your experiences.
Jon, That's a Playboy magazine, not a Prevost magazine.

Roadpilot
03-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Welcome aboard Dick and Jean, you have come to the right place, but beware of advise that is made up to make you feel good!;) By the way, was your membership fee 50.00 for two years?

I just checked again and the site says the annual fee is $100.00. If that's not correct, we'll take two years.

dale farley
03-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Dick, This may be the first of many: "Don't believe everything you see on this forum."

Jon Wehrenberg
03-06-2010, 06:53 AM
I just checked again and the site says the annual fee is $100.00. If that's not correct, we'll take two years.

That's just the asking price. Anybody that has purchased a Prevost knows everything is negotiable.

Would we kid you???????

phorner
03-06-2010, 09:09 AM
That's just the asking price. Anybody that has purchased a Prevost knows everything is negotiable.

Would we kid you???????

I thought I heard that you could bid on a membership on eBay :eek:

truk4u
03-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Paul,

The Buy it Now was 29.00 for 2 years!:rolleyes:

rfoster
03-06-2010, 09:30 PM
I had to return the shirt and hat -they sent the wrong size. Be sure to order a size larger than you need when you order yours.

JIM KELLER
03-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Sooo when our Webmaster reads these posts do you suppose he thinks :

A. I just love working for these guys.

B. They tell me to " run it like a business " and look what they do to me.

C. Maybe I should go back to Teaching.

D. All of the above.

Jim Skiff
03-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Jim,

Actually it is this, "They appear to be having fun, something must be working right." :D

Jim

JIM KELLER
03-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Jim,

Actually it is this, "They appear to be having fun, something must be working right." :D

Jim

Good, then don't give up your day job !

Jon Wehrenberg
03-08-2010, 01:58 PM
If Skiffer was smart he would prepare a standard briefing form for new members. In it he could tell them the way to get the dues down to $29 per year, what food the group likes when it tours their bus at the next rally, and how everything posted on the site is the gospel truth.

That way he would be ahead of the curve.

To new members.......actually there is no Jim Skiff. That is a fictional character that takes the blame for all that goes wrong with the POG site. When things go right, and there is actually a correct answer given, it is because of me.

truk4u
03-08-2010, 08:51 PM
A note to new members...

rfoster
03-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Boy Truk, that was harsh, way harsh. But FUNNY!

Does that mean Jon invented thei internet?

Jon Wehrenberg
03-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Roger is just glad nobody is picking on him. I did not invent the internet. But I am working on climate change.

Jerry Winchester
03-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Jon also received the newly remastered "Lawrence Welk's Polka Rap Favorites" which I hear he loans out to the Krakman from time to tim.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-09-2010, 04:01 PM
JDUB has awakened from his nap. It appears he is going out to pick a date for tonight. But he'll be BAAAAck.