PDA

View Full Version : Good repair experience...

Mark3101
03-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I recently had Dave Rousey from Styleworks RV Repair come out to work on some items on my coach that needed attention. I was very happy with the work that Dave did. He is very knowledgeable about every system in the coach, and spent lots of time going over things to make sure I was happy with how the work turned out. It was a good learning experience for me and I got all the questions I had saved up since purchasing the coach answered.

I would not hesitate to use Dave again. He has worked at Country Coach, Legendary, Monaco, and several dealers over the years. He has several Prevost certifications too.

He can be reached at: 541-228-1092.

I have no interests in this other than to let others know of a reputable shop.

gmcbuffalo
03-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Mark where is Styleworks? DAve has a oregon prefix.
Greg

Mark3101
03-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Mark where is Styleworks? DAve has a oregon prefix.
Greg

He is in Eugene, OR. I flew him to Duluth, MN to work on my coach and I know he goes all over the country working on them.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Does anybody besides me see the screaming need for regional service centers for conversions that are capable of not only doing routine Prevost chassis service at fair fixed prices, but also capable of handling repairs and modifications to the conversion portion of the coaches?

We have a significant number of companies and individuals who are skilled in caring for our coaches, but I do not see them as promoting themselves as desirous of handling every detail relating to ownership. Except for some proprietary features that can be learned skilled experts can handle almost any coach and any problem. We need a network of folks located where our coaches live or where they go.

JIM KELLER
03-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Jon, I Agree. I also think our Sponsors should promote themselves online. We know they are Sponsors and support our group but I would like to see them tell us what they want. What type of service, repairs, upgrades etc do they perform. What do they like and what do they specialize in. We occasionally see members promote individuals and small business owners but I don't see the Sponsors telling us what they have. Certainly they monitor this Forum. As Sponsors they have every right to get on and ask for business ! In my business I ask for business. Our marketplace requires that we ask for the sale ! Those that ask usually close the deal. If the owners are unable to find the time perhaps they could appoint someone in their employment staff to come on line and talk to us.

Mark3101
03-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Does anybody besides me see the screaming need for regional service centers for conversions that are capable of not only doing routine Prevost chassis service at fair fixed prices, but also capable of handling repairs and modifications to the conversion portion of the coaches?

We have a significant number of companies and individuals who are skilled in caring for our coaches, but I do not see them as promoting themselves as desirous of handling every detail relating to ownership. Except for some proprietary features that can be learned skilled experts can handle almost any coach and any problem. We need a network of folks located where our coaches live or where they go.

I agree 100%. I got Dave's number from the dealer where we bought out coach. The didn't give me any Prevost numbers, just Dave's and the 2Crestron guys that did the original programming. I guess they felt that these three were the most valuable.

Where I live, there is not much to choose from for repair/service. The nearest Prevost shops appear to be Nashville and Ft. Worth.... not exactly in the neighborhood.

It is expensive to fly a tech in, but it is also expensive and time consuming to have to run to a shop 1000+ miles away and wait for days to get the work done and maybe you don't even want to travel in the direction of where the shops are....or maybe they don't know the conversion as well and it takes more time to get the repairs done.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Sponsors........Hello.........Anybody home????????

SPONSORS, LISTEN UP!

Don't be shy, tell the POG members who you are, where you are located, and what you are all about. I know it seems obvious if you are a converter that you want to sell coaches, but if you also want to do oil changes and replace air bags spread the word.

There are now thousands of conversions running the highways and all of them need to be maintained, upgraded, serviced, and occasionally rebuilt.

Now is a great time to offer your services. We think the market is coming back, Prevost owners want to deal with our supporters, and we all need to protect our investments in our coaches.

JIM KELLER
03-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Sponsors........Hello.........Anybody home????????

SPONSORS, LISTEN UP!

Don't be shy, tell the POG members who you are, where you are located, and what you are all about. I know it seems obvious if you are a converter that you want to sell coaches, but if you also want to do oil changes and replace air bags spread the word.

There are now thousands of conversions running the highways and all of them need to be maintained, upgraded, serviced, and occasionally rebuilt.

Now is a great time to offer your services. We think the market is coming back, Prevost owners want to deal with our supporters, and we all need to protect our investments in our coaches.

Well said !

jpaton
01-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I just dialed this # and it is out of service.
Is Dave still around?

tpr
01-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Here is Dave's new number 541-543-7983.