PDA

View Full Version : 09 Saturn Vue

jack14r
02-28-2010, 11:14 AM
I am towing a Saturn Vue for the first time and the odometer records the towing mileage,is there an easy way to disable it?

BrianE
02-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Jack, As you know, we also had a Vue all be it an 08. The odometer definitely did not record towed mileage. Am wondering if you have pulled the ignition fuse while towing. The Saturn dealer assured us that we didn't need to pull that fuse and they were dead wrong (later confirmed by a different dealer). If the fuse wasn't pulled the battery went dead in less than a day's towing. In that case the odometer recorded also.

jack14r
02-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Brian,you hit the nail on the head,I did not pull the fuse because I was on several short legs and I started it at every stop.

edsaylor
02-28-2010, 03:30 PM
You can have a switch put under the dash that will do the same as pulling the fuse and it is much eaiser than pulling the fuse every time you tow.

BrianE
02-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Ed is also right on the mark. I bought a gadget at NAPA that fits in the fuse slot and has two wires attached (one had an inline fuse holder). Run the wires to a convenient place and install a small single pole toggle switch. I put it through the plastic panel next to your right leg. Took about an hour.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-01-2010, 07:34 AM
I disconnect the power in both my H2 Hummer and the Dodge pickup. It is not to avoid showing miles, but to not have power from the bus lighting which I feed to the toad tail lights from impacting any of the various computerized devices all of our cars now have.

Probably not necessary, but adding a switch or battery disconnect is so easy it just makes sense.

jack14r
03-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I pulled the fuse today on a 150 mile trip and the mileage did not register,I guess I should have paid attention to the manual.