PDA

View Full Version : Dallas trip

Prevost1111
02-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Hello POGS. I will be taking a trip to Dallas texas in a few weeks and looking for a good park. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Loc
02-27-2010, 08:22 AM
The Vineyards on Lake Grapevine (just northwest of DFW airport) is the best park we have found in the Metroplex. The drawbacks are not all sites have sewer hookups and there is no cable if that bothers you. The website is www.vineyardscampground.com. The former President swears by the back in sites at Treetops in Arlington, but I am not as big of a fan. Trader's Villlage in Grand Prairie gets decent reviews, but we haven't been there. Avoid Spring Creek Village in Plano because it is a dumpy mobile home park (well located in Plano but a dump). We have a friend that stays at Lake Lewisville and speaks highly of it. I always take a look at www.rvparkreviews.com to get some better insight, but you have to take everything with a grain of salt - some people think an empty pasture is a 10.

Larry W
02-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Stayed at Trader's Village once. Was pretty tight and had to unhook. I would finr another place if I go back toD/FW area.

tdelorme
02-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Mike, unfortunately, Dallas is one of several large cities that does not have a nice RV park that is convenient to the central area of town. The Vineyards that Loc recommends is great but it is a long drive into Dallas proper. Therefore, which park to choose is somewhat dictated by what part of Dallas you need to get to. If it's West Dallas or the Galleria area, The Vineyards is your best bet. If you need East Dallas, Bluebonnet at Terrell, TX will work. If you don't mind dry camping, the outlet mall at Terrell is great. I personally would not stay at a WalMart in the Dallas city limits. If you have to have the bus in town, you'll have to get creative. Hospital parking lot, a Lowe's or Home Depot, even a church parking lot (with permission) might work.
I wish there was a better option. We're over there a lot and for years I kept thinking someone would build a first class park right in Dallas, but right now there isn't one.

jelmore
03-01-2010, 01:11 AM
In East Dallas, we've stayed at Plantation Place. It's quiet and almost rural, behind a large plantation house. The Vineyards in Grapevine is a really nice place as everyone says. And you can always stay at Prevost close to Euless, just south of DFW. Doesn't really matter. No matter where you stay, everything is about 30 minutes away.

This is Plantation Place http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=plantation+rv,+dallas,+tx&sll=32.586109,-117.120474&sspn=0.013994,0.017359&ie=UTF8&hq=plantation+rv,&hnear=Dallas,+TX&z=11&iwloc=A

Reagan Sirmons
03-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Mike, we have stayed at Treetops and have found it to be very satisfactory. They are as highly ranked as Buckhorn in Kerrville. It is close to the freeway and they are service oriented.
Reagan
Pres

Loc
03-25-2010, 07:28 AM
They are as highly ranked as Buckhorn in Kerrville.

While Treetops may be rated by Woodalls or Trailer Life as highly as Buckhorn those ratings are very misleading. Treetops is an okay campground, but it in no way compares to Buckhorn. I think the former President has been sniffing too much diesel exhaust again.