PDA

View Full Version : Good Flying Today

Jerry Winchester
01-21-2006, 08:46 PM
I don't know why we have a biker forum when I think there are more pilots on this board than hog riders.

Anyway, N63OSU made the run to Brenham, home of Blue Bell Ice Cream, in formation with two RV 6's (the flying kind not the driving kind) and lunch at the airport diner. Nothing better than a good day at the airport; unless it is a week at Oshkosh........

http://www.b2osh.org/Album_2005_Flight/37_Flight_2005.htm

lewpopp
01-21-2006, 09:45 PM
I think there should be a separate website for the pilots. I have absolutely nothing against them, but I have a good name for their group. "POOP" Pilot Owners Only Poop.:D :D

Jerry Winchester
01-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Don't you have some money to spend or something? Or did you get released today? POOP? I think you have been in the parking lot too long.;)

MangoMike
01-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Lew better take that dishwashing job at Mango's.

truk4u
01-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Nothing like the 100.00 hamburger, but at least I can still ride the hog! What a great picture of the Bonanza's, had a Debonair and loved it. No plane now, really depressed after this post making MPD even worse.:(

ken&ellen
01-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Jerry, Don't give Lew another thought.....he is from Elmira....once the glider capitol of the world. Tough to go anywhere for a hamburg without an engine.
It is one of those things gliders vs airplanes...downhill skiers vs Nordic ( cross country )......RV'ers vs backpackers ( what no bathroom ). Personally, I want that engine, chair lift, and Detroit Diesel pushing me along life's road!
Ken:cool:

Jon Wehrenberg
01-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Well we know Jerry is a southern flyer.

Northern flyers consider a good day when there was no ice and it stayed above minimums until we got it back down onto the ground.:D

Jon Wehrenberg
01-22-2006, 09:45 AM
POG was supposed to be about buses. I think that theory has gone down the tubes. It is a bunch of former NYers who will sit around swapping lies about flying.

Or maybe we just form a POG chapter and call it POG POOP.

Jerry Winchester
01-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Of course after I posted this the Flying forum miraculously popped up......

And truk4u had it right. All the guys who flew over there go somewhere every weekend to eat, so with $3.00 avgas, it was a $45 hamburger for me. I am more the cross country flyer, so it was just a nice diversion from being in the hanger doing my best WWJD, what-would-Jon-do, imitation whilst cleaning the hanger up from my Scout maintenance (see photo) when the hoard of RV'ers descended on me and forced me to pull the V tail out. I am sure they just wanted something to add some class to their gaggle:cool:

You guys need to post some photos of your planes or former planes in Ken's case:(

Jon Wehrenberg
01-22-2006, 10:36 AM
I hope you are coming to the POG rally and towing the Scout. I want to see it.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-22-2006, 10:39 AM
This is the baby in the family

Jon Wehrenberg
01-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Here's the real one.

Jerry Winchester
01-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Well I think we are going to be able to make it to the POG rally. We had a company / customer function that weekend, but it got rescheduled, so it may be a go. Although it is almost 1000 miles from Houston to Polk City and the driving time shows to be +/-15 hours, to miss the inaugural event would be a shame. And since part of my enjoyment in life is having fun at the expense of others, this seems like a perfect setting. Right Lew? :D

And as I need to get my wife to drive part of the way and don't figure we will need a toad for two days of hanging out, we will most likely leave the Scout and the H3 at the house and hopefully someone who drove 2 hours to get there will take pity on us and drive us around if need be. :rolleyes:

Jerry Winchester
01-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Well by the time I typed the post above, Jon had already posted the sweet airplane photos.

The paint on the 150 looks pretty new. Ever have to change out the clutch on the starter? I learned to fly in a 150 and it was a great plane. Until in inadvertantly spun it doing take off and departure stalls by myself :eek:

Now the 210 is the rig. Does the radar still work? I have only had NEXRAD in the cockpit for 8 months and I don't know how I flew IFR without it. I have been well pleased with XM Weather. Do you have any panel shots?

Here are my before and after, but the after is not current.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-22-2006, 05:59 PM
I bought the 150 about 1 1/2 years ago as a toy and it is Jamestown, NY with my son-in-law now while he gets his instrument rating in it.

The 210 has been my workhorse and has RDR160 color radar, Strikefinder, is certified for known ice, and has AC. I have perfect timing in that I redid the entire panel in 1996 just before the Garmin revolution.

It has dual KX165s, a KLN90B, ADF, dual HSI, dual Transponder with the #1 being the new style King digital. Everything works. I get XM through my 396 so if I am dumb enough to tangle with a thunderstorm I better quit flying.

I've put about 2800 hours on it. I'm now flying it LOP after 18 years of ROP.

Jerry Winchester
01-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Hey, what do you know. I fly mine LOP as well. I have had the GAMI's in since the factory reman went in two years ago. I now have the 330 transponder and a Series 30 S-Tec autopilot with GPSS and alt. hold. I have not found anything that Garmin makes that I don't like. I am leaning toward an MX 20 MFD as the next addition.

Do you use the radar even with the 396?