PDA

View Full Version : Need 1 Heart Interface Inverter 24V

ToyMan
02-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Anyone have an extra one lying around after an upgrade?

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-25-2010, 08:21 AM
What's wrong with the old one?

:confused:

ToyMan
02-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Inverter won't do anything. It does pass-thru because the previous owner hot wired it to do so.

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Call Gusdorf Electronics and speak with Dave Gusdorf, 505.983.4095,

he repairs them and will discuss trouble shooting them by you or you can send it out to him for repair.

JIM

ToyMan
02-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Jim, Thanks for the tip. I called him yesterday and he said he could repair it. Worst case cost is $625.

I found a 12V unit with the same specs as mine but it is not 24V. Wish there was a easy way to modify it.

ToyMan
04-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Sent it to Dave Gusdorf. Received it back in excellent working order.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-03-2010, 08:47 PM
There is a lesson here. Two actually. The first is that when buying a bus there is no substitute for operating every switch, dial and knob. A failed inverter would have shown up as a questionable display on the remote panel. Whoever sold the coach intended to deceive the buyer and I'm not sure many people would have caught the deception without switching the switch and waiting for the display to return and show something. Very clever and less than honest person that did that.

The second lesson to anyone that has an inverter fail is that to get power to the affected circuits all it takes is to join the incoming power to the inverter to the inverter output wires and the affected circuits will have power anytime the generator power or shore power is present. The second working inverter will keep the batteries charged.