PDA

View Full Version : International Talk Like A Pirate Day

Jerry Winchester
09-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Well I have been hyper busy today, but I didn't want to let one of my favorite holidays get by.

September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, so for today only, everyone gets to sound like Lew.

http://www.talklikeapirateday.com/wordpress/

Arrrgh there bus owner; The Top 29 Office Phrases for Talk Like a Pirate Day

29 "Arrrgh-Bring me a servin' wench to bid me me pleasures!"
28 "Argh-lad, is that Lee Elliott over there - or am I as mad as a salted herring?"
27 "Billions of blue blistering barnacles!" - Oh My God!
24 "Hop to it, dogs: Thar be leftover catering booty in the break room for plunderin'."
23 "Sixteen men an' a copier mess -- yo, ho, ho and a bottle of toner."
22 "Avast, men! Get a spyglass full of the doubloons on *that* vessel."
21 "I'll be keelhaulin' the next one of ye what leaves ye filthy Tupperware in the break room sink!"
20 "Arrr, matey, have your parrot call my parrot and we'll one day partake of noontime grub together."
19 "No, Bob Dess, I will not 'shiver your timbers.' I will, however, call my attorney."
18 "To arms, me lads! The spoils of the snack machine shall be ours, to each in a fortieth share!"
17 "Me cell phone fell deep into Davy Jones' locker Nobody flush... I'll go get me hook."
16 "Save that last donut for me, unless ya care to feel the cold steel of my hook hand up yer arse, matey."
15 "Be that a peg leg, or arrr ye just happy to cast yer eyes upon me?"
14 "Fax ahoy, mateys!"
13 "Avast! A Team Builders meeting off our schedule's port bow! Scuttle yer productivity, mateys, and prepare to be bored-ed!"
12 "No increase in me pay? Arrr, boss, let me tell ye where ye can store that hook!"
11 "Hold that elevator, ye whoreson bilge rat!"
10 "Ye bent my ear with yer lubberly questions WITHOUT tryin a reboot first? Arrr! It's the plank for you, ye mangy cur... and thank ye for calling Microsoft Tech Support!"
9 "Arrr, load the Canon, wench, and collate me copies!"
8 "Avast, ya scurvy knave! Brave be ye, for certain, but arrr ye willin' ta die fer that parking spot?"
7 "Twenty paces past the Magic Fountain of Water... bear ye left past the Chamber of Meetings... and a minute's voyage down the Great Carpeted Hallway... the unisex bathroom'll be on yer port side."
6 "Aye, if it's a large treasure chest and amazin' booty ye seek, fix yer gaze upon the receptionist."
5 "Boss, I'll be borrowin' a coupla doubloons from petty cash fer some Ho Ho's and a bottle of rum."
4 "Aaaarrrrrghhh! Who among us floated the air mead?"
3 "Arrr! I've arrr!anged for Arrr!lene in arrr!chives to send up that arrr!ticle o arrr!bitration."
2 "Avast, ye demon copy machine! Taste the wrath of my arse!"
1 "Arrr, I have made note of yer demands and I have but one question for ye: Will ye be wantin' slivers o' potato fried in the popular French style with that?"

ken&ellen
09-19-2006, 05:37 PM
I would have thought at least a " token " parrott. :D

Jerry Winchester
09-19-2006, 05:47 PM
I really like the Pirate Translator.

I type in "Jon is an anal bus driver"

It then says, "Ahoy, Jon is an anal bus dri'er Gar, Where can I find a bottle o'rum?"

lewpopp
09-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Jerr....You haven't been too busy today. You had time for that MENDACITY.

Now my evening will be hyper busy after spending the time reading the Pirate Plundering Pud Mud. AARRGH !!

Jerry Winchester
09-18-2012, 09:24 PM
I remembered this thread from 6 years ago and since tomorrow is "International Talk Like A Pirate Day", it needed to be moved to the top.

In rememberence of Lew Pop.

merle&louise
09-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Those were the good ole days. I couldn't wait to get home from work to read on POG.

It's a shame that folks move on!

I sure miss Lew, MM, and especially Jeff Baley! Remember the guy who parked his Prevost in downtown Manhatten for 3 weeks and got $1500 in parking tickets! That was a riot!

jack14r
09-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Jeff may not have had a choice as he might be in the big house right now,he was interesting though.

merle&louise
09-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Jack,

The last I heard someone had posted on POG that he was down in South America or Central America and had gotten in trouble with the law. There's a surprise! That guy was nuts! He never attended a rally. His posts were so long that the vBulletin software would time him out. What a character!

Denny
09-19-2012, 08:22 PM
That's so true Tuga. I would check POG several times a day just to see what the resident clowns were up to. As for Jeff, he and his wife spent a day at my house so I could help him repair his generator. He was very funny and entertaining. An interesting person to say the least.

merle&louise
09-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Denny,

If you remember, he had a wife and a girlfriend!

Talk about burning the candle at both ends!