PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Replacement

ToyMan
02-22-2010, 07:54 PM
I have a really bad speaker in the ceiling above the couch . How do you replace them?

The speaker is located just to the left of the light in this picture.

You can faintly see the circle where the speaker is.

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6176&stc=1&d=1266886376

Will Garner
02-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Gee I got all excited when I read the topic. I thought we were going to band together and depose of the Wicked Witch from the West!

As for replacing that bad speaker, look very closely for an access panel. Good luck in your search being successful.

Charles Spera
02-22-2010, 08:44 PM
If you find a secret panel or a way to access the speaker, please let us know how. I have a couple of speakers that need replacing also.

garyde
02-22-2010, 10:23 PM
That is a great question. You should call Liberty about that one.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-23-2010, 05:12 PM
I have had extensive work done in my front A/V cabinet, including the replacement of the front overhead stereo speakers. ( Oh by the way, I HAD it done by a proffessional, I did not attempt to do all this work myself ) but I digress.

When Brad had my TV dropped down out of the ceiling, to replace it, he showed me that most of the ceiling panels are held in place by either velcro, or some of them are held in place by the same plastic plugs that are used in our cars to hold things like door panels on. You have to do some careful searching in the ceilings to find where and what is holding the panels, but once these decorative panels are pulled down, speaker and wire access are usually much easier to see, and to work on. :)

Sorry but no pictures. Hope this helps, MAYBE ! :o

Gary Stevens

truk4u
02-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Sponge Bob,

Plastic plugs and velcro!:eek: Good grief man, we're talking Liberty here.:D

Orren Zook
02-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Here's how the speakers in the ceiling (rear of salon area) on both sides of my Liberty are mounted - maybe it's time for a retrofit over there:

Loc
02-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Truk,

That would be mirror finished copper plugs and safron infused velcro?

truk4u
02-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the clarification Loc Nest.;)

Toyman - I have taken a look at mine and like you, have no idea how to access the speakers. It seems like the entire panel would have to be removed and mine is one piece that runs from the front above the front passenger seat all the way to the rear of the galley. Maybe a call to Liberty would be in order.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Sorry Truk, I forgot who I was talking with. If I give you a gold plated keyhole saw, would that help ya?

Thanks Loc, for covering my misspeak ! :eek:

Gary S.

truk4u
02-24-2010, 08:58 PM
It's OK, you are forgiven and a gold saw would be just ducky!:D

ToyMan
02-25-2010, 06:52 PM
The only velcro I have found on my coach is a strip that holds the zip-dee awning arms together during transit.

I was at "Coach Worx" yesterday so Ben and Rick could trouble shoot my inverter. I had them look at the placement of the speaker and Ben surmised that access could be gained by removing the window adjacent to the speaker.

As for that OTHER speaker replacement, it's gonna happen in November.