PDA

View Full Version : Huricane Heaters

pwf252
02-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Seems my Hurricane is not working, Does anyone have or know where I might locate a service manual? The unit is in my "02"

LarryB
02-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Patrick & Sherry, are you sure your Bus has a "Hurricane" ?

pwf252
02-22-2010, 01:23 PM
:confused:Well yes, I was sure right up to the moment you asked. I am not close enough to the bus to check but I am still 95% certain (5% for the occasional "I'm I stupid or what" scenerio) as I did have the bay open to look at it and replace a blown fuse. Unfortunately the fuse did not fix the problem (not firing up).

rfoster
02-22-2010, 04:10 PM
I have the hurrican heater in my CC. Check to see that you have both switches on for the furnace too work. The main control (mine is beside the refrigerator in a small cabinet) and the other is a toggle switch located in bedroom at the base of the bedside table. It must be on for ignition.

Beyond that I have no manual but there used to be a video on U tube Hurrican Heater that told you everything you needed to know about the cleaning and servicing of the heater.

I like mine so far it has done a great job.

Hope this helps

HarborBus
02-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Here is a link that may help you, http://www.itrheat.com/marine_support.html

there are videos for troubleshooting the Hurricane system.

LarryB
02-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Sorry to add confusion Patrick. Just thought I would make sure. When did they go to AquaHot? Must be sometime after 03 since Roger has the Hurrican as well. I'll go back to Lurking.

pwf252
02-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Larry,
Helps to keep me on my toes. Wouldn't have been the first mistake I've made. I can recall at least two or three others.

Thanks everyone for the help. I'm hopeful that I can work thru it with the info on the website provided.