PDA

View Full Version : Well, we came to visit ...

rahangman
02-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Came to Colorado Springs area to visit Kids/Grandkids. Well, this is our 3rd day of this kind of weather, and the wife and I have never been closer. At least I-25 is kept open and we have good Electricity and a bountiful supply of food.....in the coach. :eek:

jimshoen
02-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Reporting in from Reno.
Unusual winter storm is dropping 1 to 2 feet of heavy wet snow on the valley floor in Reno. Snow continuous for the last 22 hours.
Most of these end up going east.

pwf252
02-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Hangman,:D
On our way back from the Rally in Vegas the wife and I stopped in Williams, AZ. for the night. There was quite abit of snow in the campsite, at one point I thought I had stuck the bus. After throwing out a few improper words I put it in R and backed out of the problem as my wife used the opportunity to point out my lack of patience or sum such nonsense. Anyway when we rose to leave the next morning there appeared to be some odd footprints all around our bus. The wife is claiming they were bear tracks. I'm no biologist and have no clue but the thought came to me sense your bus is full of food, your in Colorado, it's snowing and basically your trapped.
WATCH OUT FOR BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

rahangman
02-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Haven't seen anything larger than rabbit or coyote tracks. Our two dogs, a redbone hound and a toy poodle keep us appraised as to anything that goes "bump" in the night (as in snow clumps etc) . No strange foot prints yet, but don't rule it out. I take dogs Antelope chasing daily for theirs and my exercise. The bus is for the most part quite comfortable and of course the chance to "interact" with wife in a meaningful manner is improving. This translates into, "I have hidden all knives and other sharp instruments" Actually, anyone who lives in Colorado , as we did, will tell you, they do a tremendous job on the roads. Thanx though for the "Bear Facts" and report.

P.S. : I did purchase a shovel