PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure Pro troubles

edmartine
02-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Ok, I bought the Tire Pressure Pro system for our last coach approximately 7 months ago and never got it to work correctly...while trainable and mostly literate for the life of me I cannot get it to work correctly and just end up turning it off to silence the alarms. I would appreciate any tutelage offered...thanks in advance

HarborBus
02-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Ed I have a Pressure Pro monitoring the toad tires only at this time, I will try to help. What is your set up, how many sensors are you using, do you have a repeater?

truk4u
02-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Ed,

It's a great system, but does have a few annoyances. If you have your pressures set while at 60 degree's as an example, if it gets cold and the tire pressures drop while sitting, the alarm will start sounding. The only thing you can do is unplug the unit or raise your tire pressures, which you probably don't want to do. When this is happening due to cold temps, when I'm ready to go, I plug it back in and as soon as the tires warm, all is well. I do cycle through all the tire positions to make sure the pressures are where they need to be when cold before driving.

I didn't have a repeater and would lose the rear pressures causing the alarm, but I added a repeater and all is well now. Pressure Pro told me anyone with a stainless Prevost needs the repeater. I just put them on my toad as well.

This is what the repeater looks like and it is hard wired 12 volt.

jack14r
02-18-2010, 10:18 AM
The repeater has an optional 110 volt transformer which works great,you can velcro it in the rear closet.I have also found that a repeater is necessary.

dreamchasers
02-18-2010, 12:24 PM
I second the need for a repeater with the Pressure Pro system. After installing mine, the system worked great.

Hector

edmartine
02-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Ok, I purchased a repeater and once we stop I will install it...more to come, thanks for the advice from everyone I will share once I know more...ed

edmartine
02-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks for all who weighed in...I bought the repeater and deleted all of my sensors, adding each one again now all is well. Seems that one of my sensors was leaking as the inside driver’s side duel was down to 57 lbs. I aired it up and watched it leak down again overnight. Sine I had a spare sensor I switched it out and no leak. I will put my suspected bad sensor on another tire and see if I can duplicate the leak just to be sure prior to ordering another...ed

jack14r
02-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Costco sells the sensors online at the best price I have found.