PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Shield for sale

edmartine
02-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Greetings;

We recently took off our plastic bus shield. It was on a 95 40 foot XL CC. It has all hardware and minus the small crack from the corner of the passenger headlight is in perfect shape. If you have any interest please contact us...thanks.

garyde
02-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Hi Ed. This is one of those subjects which leaves you wide open for comment.
There are those who love their Plastic Armor, AKA Bug Display case,
Shower curtain, Perpetual polishing platter, or brittle baricade.

Thanks

edmartine
02-17-2010, 10:16 PM
I understand my venerability, but there was no way around the issue. I just hate seeing it sit there going to waste. Our decision to remove the shield lands us in one camp but I can understand the other position as well its just not right for us.

Coloradobus
02-18-2010, 01:27 AM
ED, We want first dibs. A dusty shield is better than dented stainless and chipped paint!!:eek:

CALL US:D
303-907-4746

Jerry Winchester
02-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Ed,

Congratulations on taking your first step toward plastic shield freedom. If you have plastic on the carpet or couch, feel free to remove that as well.

The plastic shield bedwetter / handwringer crowd will swoop in here shortly to seine it all up and try to get you to drink the Kool-Aid as to get you back in the fold.

Be strong.

Coloradobus
02-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Ed,

Thanks for trying to transport your shield back home for us to meet up. I am sure someone out there will get some use out of it.

Hey Jerry, coach + roadgravel for snow traction= dented front stainless!:eek:

edmartine
04-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Greetings all;

If there is someone willing to pay for the time to pack and the cost to ship the items they can have the shield and hardware. I would like both the shield and hardware to find a home as both are in great condition and it seems wasteful to just discard them or let them go separately as they have been together for some time! The items are at James Stallings Xtreme Paint and Graphics in TX. The cost would be for his folks to pack and ship and have them shipped to you...ed

truk4u
04-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Your buyer is in Knoxville, TN!

Jon Wehrenberg
04-19-2010, 09:57 AM
If I bought it it would be to bury it in a landfill. In Knox County we have laws against ugly.

Jerry Winchester
04-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Jon,

Looks like an opportunity to have a plastic shield burial at Kerrville.

phorner
04-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Would make a good target..... a chance to demonstrate just how much that shield is capable of stopping...or not..

rbeecher
04-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Ed,

what happened to the 2010 Mini Cooper S? Curious as that is what we have.

Richard and Barbara Beecher
02 Marathon XLII 45

pwf252
04-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Shoot, going to have to navigate around Knox county on our way to the Maine rally. Damn those county ugly laws!!!!!!!

Jon Wehrenberg
04-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Patrick,

If you are sporting one of those ugly plastic shields you can probably sneak through if you drive like a native. Go about 10 to 15 over the limit, be talking on the cell phone, make sure your door and front fender is a different color than the rest of the bus, and put on one of those big assed tailpipes that make a lot of noise.

There ain't a cop in the county that will stop you.

edmartine
04-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Perhaps it’s an opportunity to cut it up into pieces for name tags, plates or Prevost key rings for the TX rally in October :) Seriously though if there is a home out there it would be nice, if not I don’t want to ask James to hold it for too long, I will arrange a proper disposal...ed

On the Mini it was an automatic so we are either looking for an enclosed trailer or a vehicle capable of flat towing that is already configured and old enough to be priced reasonable.

perpendicular
05-06-2010, 06:48 PM
put on one of those big assed tailpipes that make a lot of noise.

Some parts of the country call that a 'possum launcher'. They crawl up there when it is cold to get warm and out of the wind then get launched when the car is started. Makes for quite a sight I would say....

phorner
05-07-2010, 01:49 PM
To all those naysayers regarding the usefulness of those industrial-strength plastic shields, you need to re-think your positions.

One of the owners here at the Outdoor Resorts was tired of pulling his shield off his plastic coach to clean behind it. We managed to find a MUCH better use for it!!

With a little trimming off the sides, it makes a Jim Dandy grease catcher beneath the barbecue grill.

I have a renewed respect for the value of the shield!

JIM KELLER
05-07-2010, 01:54 PM
How distressing.

garyde
05-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Thats way Harsh! CC gets no respect at all.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Might I recommend that with the proper cutout, it can be placed around a commode for those guys who have not yet mastered the art of aiming.

I can envision the wives supporting this application for plastic shields.