PDA

View Full Version : Marker Light Lense

truk4u
02-15-2010, 01:53 PM
I need to reseal the front marker lights and when removing the two screws the lense doesn't want to come loose. So before I pull too hard and break something, does anyone know if there is a replacement gasket behind the lense? If so, I'll get my hands on some gaskets before I yank them off.

Remember, these are the early ones...

JIM KELLER
02-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Tom, All of mine had gaskets. I think they would have to because the body is not flat where many of them mount.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Those are Truck-Lite, made in Falconer NY just outside of Jamestown. I suspect you can get replacements of all components from one of their distributors.

dmatz
02-15-2010, 05:32 PM
t
Truck-Lite has a web site you can finsd the model of your light. When I replaced mine they all had gaskets, its a seperate part number. Call them they are very helpfull. You can get them through Napa If I remeber correctly.

Charles Spera
02-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Tom,
Mine turned out to be Bargman 34-68-511. I found them at www.rvshop.com for $6.99 complete.
I had a pesky leak and traced it to the running lights. Couldn't find the gasket only so replaced the whole light(s). The new gasket is much thicker and takes up the gap in a non-flat spot quite well.
HTH

Jon Wehrenberg
02-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Would that be a Jamestown guy sending business to companies outside of Jamestown? They need all the help they can get up there.

Charles Spera
02-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey Jon,
You're right. Sorry!
To make matters worse, the fellow who started Truck-Lite used to live accross the street from my childhood home back in the 50s and I think my father was one of his early investors. Long, long ago and far, far away.

truk4u
02-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks guys.... I happen to be at Liberty today watching a Pogger kick tires and visited the parts counter. They gave me 5 gaskets and said happy trails. It appears they're still using the same lights today.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Hey Jon,
You're right. Sorry!
To make matters worse, the fellow who started Truck-Lite used to live accross the street from my childhood home back in the 50s and I think my father was one of his early investors. Long, long ago and far, far away.

That would be Baldwin. I used to do engineering drawings for them back when he was still running the company. At the time it was a good company. When Quaker State took over the unions were acting up and now that Penske owns it it is a whole nuther story. Falconer plant is down to a skeleton crew last I heard.

Charles Spera
02-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Yes, Baldwin, that's the name. Nice guy, big family.
Unions have certainly done a number on Jamestown since back in the 50s, I recall. Managed to drive the furniture industry out of town to Highpoint, NC.
Oh well, stuff happens.

jack14r
02-16-2010, 08:04 PM
China has driven it out of High Point.