PDA

View Full Version : Seems like CA is coming en masse!

Ray Davis
09-18-2006, 02:40 PM
So, at this point our five coach caravan has increased to seven coaches from California! I don't know, but I'm thinking that's got to look pretty impressive, seeing seven Prevost coaches driving down the road together!!

I can't wait. Three weeks until the "Western Command" heads out!

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
09-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Just remember, when the truckers see that many buses they are going to know it is some big entertainer and his entourage heading to their next venue.

You need to figure out what to tell them when they ask.

Personally, I like to tell them they don't know my name, but I invented Tampax. (That's a city in FL, right?)

win42
09-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Hey Ray !!
Did you forget me. I'm covering the north flank.

Hey Jon where's The Tennessee Volunteers? As much as you hate CA, your going to have your hands full solo.

Dang ! With all of us gone, who's gonna pick the prunes & stomp the grapes.

Ray Davis
09-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Hey Ray !!
Did you forget me. I'm covering the north flank.

Harry, nope we haven't forgotten you, but I'll admit my count was the seven vehicles that are traveling together from southern CA.

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone on this trip!

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
09-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Harry,

The rednecks will be well represented. Don't forget that Fast Roger will be setting the pace, and even though he is heading out early Tom from the great state of Georgia (an annex of TN) will be there also.

It is not that I dislike CA. I dislike some of the wierd politics of CA (don't tell me you don't, I won't believe you.)

Glad to hear you will be polishing the inside of my wheels for your seminar. You are definitely the man.

win42
09-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Jon: I'm with you on our CA weird politics. Urban weirdo's control the vote by numbers alone. Us rednecks in the hills do our best to ignore it.

I would not go near those wheels you have spent the last four months polishing. I can see you rolling into Santa Fe with your tires and wheels wrapped in Saran Wrap. "The King of Bling"
h

Jerry Winchester
09-19-2006, 05:17 PM
I feel like the Swiss being the only guy from flyover country. I think all the Prevost owners from the center of the country are PP's. Not that there is anything wrong with that.........

truk4u
09-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Hey Jon wait a minute, GA annex of TN, can't be, we don't date our sisters!:eek: Know what a mean Vern...

Jerry Winchester
09-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Arrr, Tom, Me thought the gene pool was shallow in both states. Gar.

Arrr, what's up with that? A pence for an old man o'de sea?

Jon Wehrenberg
09-19-2006, 08:54 PM
OK, in the interest of full disclosure the only redneck is Fast Roger from central TN.

Tom and I are pretenders, both being former NY residents.

lewpopp
09-19-2006, 10:05 PM
You guys coming from Ca., be careful. Hide you drugs better than Willie Nelson did. They stopped his caravan and bagged him big time.

rfoster
09-19-2006, 10:38 PM
war is lost!

Ray Davis
09-20-2006, 05:40 PM
So, for those of you who are towing a Honda, and have that specific ordering of transmission shifts to go through, I've got a couple questions:

1. How often do you do this when on the road? I think Honda says something like every 8 hours. Do you do it more often than that?

2. When you "recharge" like this, do you simply start the car, and go through the shifting pattern, while keeping the car stopped with the brake.

or

3. Do you unhook the car at regular intervals, and drive it, and then re-hookup?

I finally ordered Roadmaster brackets for my Honda today. Roadmaster unfortunately makes you order through a dealer, they won't sell direct. I'm going to try to install myself, as the local trailer shop wanted $500 to install on the car!

I haven't figured out about braking quite yet, as I'd rather not cut into the coach wiring or airlines if I don't have to. Also, my coach is in it's storage site, 45 miles away, and it's not easy to get out to it during weekdays. I'm going to get something like an EvenBrake for now, which probably isn't the best braking, but doesn't require any touching of my coach, and I can change vehicles if I desire.

With a little luck, I'll be towing at POG!! (More importantly I'll have a tow car for my vacation time AFTER POG!)

-ray

ps: Darn, I meant this to go on my towing (Kar Kaddy) thread!!! ;-)

Jon Wehrenberg
09-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Ray,

Free advice: Save your money on the braking device until you tow a vehicle that really needs it.

Get lights with a magnetic base. That makes your life real simple.

As far as running the vehicle every 8 hours, if it was me I wouldn't do anything but start it up and follow the procedure. You could put the car in drive or reverse and floor it and the bus still won't move so don't worry about that.

Keep life simple. There are enough things to make it complicated. You don't need to add to them.

MangoMike
09-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Ray,

Good advice from Jon and the price was right.

The local Shell station insalled my bracket for $150 on the toaster. As you can see from the pix they had to remove the front clip to attach the bracket. Not too complicated w/ good instructions from Roadmaster.

Mike

lewpopp
09-20-2006, 09:35 PM
I can remember several years ago my brother( a graduate mechanical engineer) was always stopping to run his Honda thru the gears. I told him it was overkill doing it 2 or 3 times a day and the more you do it , the law of averages somebody will talk to you and you'll come out of reverse and leave it there and take off. Once a day is mor than plenty.

On my Saturn Vue I have to run my engine for 2 minutes in neutral and then turn it off. But... I have to remember to come out of drive prior to that.

There is a Honda engine in the Vue and probably a Honda tranny.