PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Mini-Rally

LarryB
02-12-2010, 10:23 PM
I hope things got off to a Great start---as always those of us that had to miss it sure would like updates and pix. Thanks and have fun.:D

Sid Tuls
02-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Sorry Larry, you know the old slogan What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas:D

LarryB
02-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Sid, you should be very happy about that. Maybe there will be some undercover picture taken going, better be on your best behavior.

Sid Tuls
02-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Had a great time last nite @ the potluck!! I think Ray Davis will be posting some pictures since I notice him sneeking around snapping them:eek:

LarryB
02-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks Sid. How many Buses?

Sid Tuls
02-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi Larry, I think there are 20 buses here. There is also a display coach here from a company from Texas. The conversion is LifeStyle Coach by Coachworks,L.L.C. built on a 2010 Prevost. The guys name is Steve Gray. It's a great looking conversion!! I know I would consider it if I was in the market. The web site LifeStle Custom Coach

garyde
02-13-2010, 08:01 PM
The weather turned warm today. A really beautiful day in LV.

LarryB
02-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Except for Sid's Bus Count and Gary's WX Report, this has to have been a "Stealth" Rally. What, No PIX or comments on all the Fun that was had?
If it wasn't for Sid and Gary those of us unable to attend wouldn't know that a Rally took place.

Ray Davis
02-16-2010, 05:33 PM
After being going for 5 days, I'm buried at work. I will try to post some pictures later, as I get a few minutes

We had about 20 coaches, plus about 3-4 more members who had lots at the park.

I think the rally was a big success. As Jeep mentioned in the other thread, this was more an informal gathering, as opposed to a very structured rally. There were 3 events planned, which included a pot-luck on Friday evening, a Saturday morning breakfast, sponsored by Jim Skiff, and then we were all invited to the Valentines party at the park Saturday evening.

We had our "typical" POG fix-em-up too. I noticed Mike Dee's engine running and when I walked over he was looking for the source of an oil leak that had pretty badly sprayed the engine compartment. I indicated that it was probably the alternator seal, since I had had a similar problem on my coach. Keven Erion did the repair on mine a couple of months ago. Well, as luck would have it, Kevin had a spare repair kit, and changed out Mike's alternator seal on-the-spot. Still waiting for final note from Mike that the leak is now history.

Al Griefer had an issue with not being able to unlock his entry door. He mentioned he was probably have to call CoachNet. I was thinking more about calling POG Net! Anyway, problem was determined that his door was locked, but not fully closed, causing the door lock mechanism to bind.

I ran DDEC reports on a couple of buses. No major faults found. Mike Simmons has a really nice running coach, averaging 8.5+ MPG! Couldn't run a full DDEC report on FlyU2There's coach (DDEC 3 not 4), but was able to read and reset codes, and also reset the time on his DDEC (it was set for 1992 sometime)

Several of us took the opportunity to enjoy the Las Vegas area. Kevin and his girls hit the major roller coasters in town. Many of us spent some time (and some money) at the Bass Pro Shop, which was just down the block from us.

Sunday evening Kathy and I joined Mike and Jean Simmons and Brian and Bev Essler and went to Mystere (Cirque d Solei) at Treasure Island. Pat and Sheri went off to see Carlos Santana at the Hard Rock, while Harry and Shirley joined Sid and Judy in seeing Garth Brooks.

The resort was wonderful. We had rally bags, discount coupons, cookies and valentines candy upon arrival. I walked the park several times over the 5 days, and spoke with lot's of residents. They were really happy to have us there.

I will try to post some pics later, but in all honesty, I had forgotten to take pictures of a lot of the stuff! Just too darned busy!

Ray

parksincpp
02-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Had a great time. Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome to our first rally. Thank you Ray & Kathy for everything.

LarryB
02-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the update Ray, looking forward to some pix when you get the time.

mikedee
02-16-2010, 09:35 PM
As it always happens I was bragging to a plastic coach owner who has PES (Prevost Envy Syndrome) about my coach and showing him the well appointed bays. When we got to the engine it was messy with oil from the alternator seal, damm.

Kevin had the part which was a true blessing, then he had the 3/4" breaker bar, then he had the 1 5/16" socket, then a 24" adjustable wrench. Made a tool guy like me cry.

We changed the part with the help of 5 or 6 welcomed on-lookers and it was fixed, well almost. I left Monday and stopped about twenty miles into my trip only to see a small about of oil leaking. Cleaned up the oil and traveled 80 miles found the oil again. Being that I only had tools to mess with the six cap bolts I figured what do I have to lose. I found the bolts all exactly 1/3 turn loose? Tighten then firmly and drove about 80 more miles, maybe 1 drop under the alternator, probably left over from the leak. Cleaned it up and it has been dry ever since.

Stopped in front of the Holms residence and de-greased everything. Look better than new.

Thanks again Kevin,

Kevin Erion
02-16-2010, 10:14 PM
It's always fun to have stuff!

jello_jeep
02-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Geez Mike, I thought you dropped our hair tonic out there! :D

Ray Davis
02-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Sorry for the delay. Most of the time I forgot to get my camera out, but I've got some pics from a couple of the events.

Kathy and I, Mike and Jean Simmon's went into the strip one afternoon. Pics below are from the new City Center shopping area, and hotel Aria. (water wall).

The ice sculptures were in the City Center shopping area.

Ray Davis
02-24-2010, 08:47 PM
A couple of view overlooking the strip

Ray Davis
02-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Saturday evening potluck

truk4u
02-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Great pictures, Mini Rallys are the best....;)

Ray Davis
02-24-2010, 08:53 PM
One more from the potluck, and then we eat again, this time Saturday night at the Valentines party, hosted by the LVMCR owners.

Ray Davis
02-24-2010, 08:55 PM
More Valentines party ....

Ray Davis
02-24-2010, 08:57 PM
More dancing follows ...

Ray Davis
02-24-2010, 08:59 PM
And getting down to the last few ...

Ray Davis
02-24-2010, 09:01 PM
OK, last ones. Final picture is Brian and Bev, Mike and Jean, Ray and Kathy out to dinner, overlooking the pirate battle at Treasure Island. We followed dinner up with a show of Cirque d' Solei Mystere!