PDA

View Full Version : Proceed With Caution

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-10-2010, 09:44 AM
I received this message today from my sister and don't quite know what to make of it. Truth, or Hoax???????

If any of you know more please expound.

I am considering it is true and being very cautious.

Begin forwarded message:

READ IMMEDIATELY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY IMPORTANT , PLEASE READ THIS

Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton Please send it to everybody you know who has Access to the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled 'Mail Server Report' If you open either file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful....'

Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC, And the person who sent it to you will gain access to your Name, e-mail and password. This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti virus software's are not capable of destroying it..

The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner'.

PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS E-MAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS, And ask them to PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY!

THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY SNOPES..

.:eek:

BrianE
02-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Check

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/mailserver.asp

and

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/mail-server-virus.htm

HOAX

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks Brian.

JIM

Ray Davis
02-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Generally, any time you see a phrase like PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS E-MAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS, And ask them to PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY!, you can usually know it's a scam. It's all about seeing that email circle the globe ..

dale farley
02-10-2010, 03:23 PM
I remember receiving this same warning several months ago, so I was skeptical before I read the Snopes reports. It does pay to be cautious though.

GDeen
02-10-2010, 03:53 PM
I know most of these type deals are scams, but I am answering this one - she sounds so sincere it has to be true........I am just honored she chose me to take care of her financial vault....

Dear Sir/Madam

I apologize if the contents in this mail are contrary to your moral ethics which I feel may be of great disturbance to your personal life, but I feel quite safe dealing with you. Though this medium (Internet) has been greatly abused, I choose to reach you through it because it remains the fastest, surest and most secured medium of communication. However, this correspondence is purely private, and it should be treated as such. I am contacting you based on trust and confidentiality.

I have reposed higher confidence in your ability to handle this matter perfectly for my sake. I am serious minded person. I am the above named person from Liberia.

I am married to Mr. Greg Smith who worked with Embassy here in London for nine years before he died in the year 2003. We were married for eleven years without a child.

He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. Since his death I decided not to re-marry or get a child outside my matrimonial home. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of Ј2 Million (Two Million pounds sterling) a financial Vault. Presently, this money is still in a financial Vault. Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next Eight months due to cancer problem. The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness. Having known my condition I decided to keep this fund in the vault. I want an organization or an individual that will use this fund for orphanages, widows, propagating the word of God and to endeavor that the house of God is maintained. I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband's relatives are not worthy and I don't want my husband.s efforts to be useless.

This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health hence the presence of my husband's relatives around me always. I don't want them to know about this development. With God all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I shall inform the financial Vault in London that you are the beneficiary of the said fund so that they will need to contact you for the releasing of the fund to you.

I will introduce you to my family lawyer that will prepare an authorization letter of claiming the funds without any attorney fee. My happiness is that I lived a worthy life. Whoever that wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life. Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing another person for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein. Hoping to receive your reply and Remain blessed. Please send me your complete information, to enable me send over to my family attorney. You are not going to pay my family lawyer because i have already taken care of him concerning this project.

(1). Full names:
(2). Phone:
(3). Contact Address

Your's faithfully,
Mrs. Hilda Smith

dale farley
02-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Gordon,

You should help her. She sent me that same message a few months ago, and I didn't respond. She is probably really desperate by now. Be a good Samaritan, help her with her finance woes.

Danss
02-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Just another one of those sorry Axx Smith's trying to out fox someone! Dan & Jo Smith ( PS just send me the funds and I will take care of them)