PDA

View Full Version : Good Detroit Service Center Texas

GDeen
02-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Any recommendations on a quality Detroit service center from the Tejas group? Still dealing with a vehicle speed sensor problem in my Pro-Driver and would like to have a Detroit service center check it out. No joy with Prevost in FW, and no luck with checking all the easily found connections.

I see several Freightliner and Stewart and Stevenson dealers listed on the Detroit site throughout the area. Just looking for guidance from someone who has dealt with one of them.

Orren Zook
02-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Any recommendations on a quality Detroit service center from the Tejas group? Still dealing with a vehicle speed sensor problem in my Pro-Driver and would like to have a Detroit service center check it out. No joy with Prevost in FW, and no luck with checking all the easily found connections.

I see several Freightliner and Stewart and Stevenson dealers listed on the Detroit site throughout the area. Just looking for guidance from someone who has dealt with one of them.

I've had good luck with W.W. Williams in Hubbard Ohio and Savannah GA. They have a location in New Boston Texas - 401 N. McCoy Highway 8 North, New Boston, TX 75570 (903) 628-9782.

tdelorme
02-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Gordon, United Engines has locations in OKC, Tulsa and Shreveport. I don't think you will do better but others may have additional suggestions.
http://www.unitedengines.com/

Reagan Sirmons
02-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Gordon, I have had excellent results with Stewart & Stevenson in Houston. They do great work. Plan your visit so the coach is left outside for the minimum time. Contact me for the manager's name, etc if interested. RS

Loc
02-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Gordon,

Talk to Dale or Kevin in the truck shop at Stewart & Stevenson in Houston at 713.671.6181. I have used S&S in Houston for 8 years and had very good service. Tell them to put your repairs on JDUB's tab. They do it for me all the time.

Loc

michaeldterry
02-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Gordon, I have had excellent results with Stewart & Stevenson in Houston. They do great work. Plan your visit so the coach is left outside for the minimum time. Contact me for the manager's name, etc if interested. RS

I can second this recommendation. S&S did work on my Eagle 10's 8V71 on multiple occasions when I lived in southwest Houston and I was always more than satisfied with their professionalism, knowledge, and customer care.

GDeen
02-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Alright, thanks - appreciate the recommendations....

(more I hear more I realize what a great guy JDUB is)

Loc
02-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I think that falls under the old adage "don't believe everything you hear":confused:

truk4u
02-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Jdub is a sheep molester!:eek:

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Speaking of JDUB, where has he been lately? Kind a scarry not hearing a bad word or jab at somebody from the big old fart. :p

I'll bet that gets him started? :eek: :D

Gary S.

Jerry Winchester
02-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Spongebob,

Why don't you call Loc and the two of you can watch the porter clean your busses up tomorrow?

And Gordon, Loc is exactly the guy you want to check with about service centers since the Hanger Queen Millennium is always parked in one of them. I could buy a new bus with the money from his maintenance bill.

truk4u
02-13-2010, 09:08 AM
He's baaaaaacccckkkkkk!:D

Loc
02-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Taco Boy,

Is this one of those "you drive on a parkway and park in a driveway" comments. I park my bus in an old grain storage barn and you call it a Hanger Queen. You park your bus in of all things a Hanger. What does that make the Deuce - a Barn Bus??? :confused: I know Rhode Island is neither a Road or an Island. Don't be a hater because the Millennium gets at least 20K a year on the road and I don't have to let my wife drive. :D

HQ