PDA

View Full Version : Vantare'

sawdust_128
02-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Going back almost a year, while at the Tom Johnson rally, I questioned the team from Amadas about the status of coach documentation they may have acquired along the way. At that time, I was informed that whenever possible, Featherlite - Vantare' original engineering, build and service documents would be made available. I was informed that all of this was going to occur but because of all of the other immediate business needs related to the Acquisition by Amamdas, it might take some time to get this done.

Recently, stimulated by the Country Coach posts, I followed up on this and to my pleasant surpirse I received a very positive response. In short order and for a reasonable fee, I should have have in hand soon, some very interesting reading on my coach.

Additionally, Amadas Coach representatives made it abundantly clear that they are prepared to support owners with Vantare' coaches.

Vantare' owners, here are the important numbers.

Corporate Headquarters:
1007 Obici Industrial Blvd.
Suffolk, VA 23434
757.923.3374 Office (Ed's note:Featherlite products support)
757.925.2803 Fax

Blue Ridge Facility:
2473 Pilot Mountain Rd
Moneta , VA 24121
540.297.6371 Office
540.297.1871 Fax
www.amadascoach.com (http://www.amadascoach.com)

<O:p (http://www.amadascoach.com)

I hope that this works out and that this is helpful to everyone with a Vanatare'. I personally find this to be a very encouraging starting point.

bonhall41
02-26-2010, 04:48 PM
At the OKC rally, I said I would make a copy of my Featherlite Owner's Manual because some people didn't have access to one. My coach is a 2005 but might have valid information for other conversion years. I have finally scanned every page and will be glad to send you a CD of the manual if you'll message me with your address. We also have the Prevost manual for that year if anyone needs that information also but I haven't scanned that one yet. I'm going to do it anyway just so we have an extra copy and keep it somewhere safe.

Bonnie

truk4u
02-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Bonnie,

There is a guy here at PSL with a 2005 H and cannot get his Guest Charger for the chassis batteries to work. I tried to help, but cannot find the switch anywhere on the bus to turn on the charger. I tried the engine bay outlet switch, block heater and everything else on the bus. The charger appears to be factory installed and has it's own 120 V power supply mounted next to the charger in the engine bay, starboard side.

Must be a hidden button somewhere known only to Featherlite!:(

bonhall41
02-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Tom,
There's a button on the electrical panel inside the bus that says "air compressor/battery charger". This button has to be pushed in. Try that and let me know if that works. If not, I'll go to the manual.

Bonnie

bonhall41
02-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Tom,
Is he trying to start the coach or what? If that's the case, he can start it by pushing the "battery boost" button on the panel of buttons to the right of the driver under the camera monitor.

Bonnie

truk4u
02-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Bonnie,

We tried that button also, but still no power at the 120 V plug. I walked them through the "boost" from the house batteries to get the engine running. They hadn't run the engine since Sept.:eek: I also checked the AC circuit breakers and none were tripped. In the meantime, they can just run an extension cord from a bay power source to the Guest to keep it online.

The bus is still here at their site, but they have left town. They had called and left messages for 3 days at Featherlite and couldn't get a call back. They were'nt going to use the bus, just wanted to run the engine.

Sorry I missed your call, I posted then hit the sack. See you and Don in Mobile and thanks for the help.

grantracy
02-27-2010, 09:18 AM
At the OKC rally, I said I would make a copy of my Featherlite Owner's Manual because some people didn't have access to one. My coach is a 2005 but might have valid information for other conversion years. I have finally scanned every page and will be glad to send you a CD of the manual if you'll message me with your address. We also have the Prevost manual for that year if anyone needs that information also but I haven't scanned that one yet. I'm going to do it anyway just so we have an extra copy and keep it somewhere safe.

Bonnie

Bonnie: I would appreciate a copy. I will email you my info ,let me know of any costs will be happy to reimburse you.

bonhall41
02-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Tom,
I'm surprised Featherlite hasn't called them back. They have always returned our calls immediately. We've called the emergency number in the middle of the night and they called back. We apologized and they said that's why they're there.
We had been having trouble with our chassis batteries also and found we had a bad voltage regulator. It had fried the batteries so we were using the "battery boost" to start every time.
Hope they get their problem worked out.

Bonnie

bonhall41
02-27-2010, 11:24 AM
No charge for the CD. Isn't that what POG is all about?

Bonnie

Jim Skiff
02-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Featherlite Coaches Rochester is a sponsor. Randy Mitchell should be able to help out. Call him at 507.533.2000 or his cell at 641-220-3410

Jim

chtree
03-02-2010, 01:08 PM
We had a very good experience with Donnie Myers at Donnies RV service in Sanford FL. He did a lot oflittle things as well as replacing all tvs. I'm told by several other Vantare owners that there isn't anything about vantares that he doesn't know. I also believe he has several manuals on hand. Ours is a 2004 Vantare and one of his techs actually remembered it being assembled at Featherlite.

Good Luck,

Chris

ps I think he might be pog member

bonhall41
03-06-2010, 02:18 PM
For those of you (you know who you are) who requested a CD of the Featherlite Vantare 2005 Owner's Manual and the Prevost Owner's Manual, they were mailed yesterday. We had an unexpected visit from our granddaughter and her parents so they went out a little later than planned. If you have any problems or questions with them, please let me know.

Bonnie

sawdust_128
03-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Thank you. Will look at it on return home.

grantracy
03-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Bonnie: I received mine, I haven't had a chance to view as of yet but really appreciate the info.

For those of you (you know who you are) who requested a CD of the Featherlite Vantare 2005 Owner's Manual and the Prevost Owner's Manual, they were mailed yesterday. We had an unexpected visit from our granddaughter and her parents so they went out a little later than planned. If you have any problems or questions with them, please let me know.

Bonnie

michaeldterry
03-11-2010, 09:47 AM

Bonnie

Bonnie - I got my copy and have begun to slowly, but steadily browse through the info. Even though the info relates to a model several years newer than Evangeline (2005 vs. 1996 vintage), I've already found several useful similarities with systems/components/controls (i.e. - SMX thermostats, AquaHot, and more).

Thank you so much for going to the, not insignificant, trouble to scan, burn to CD, duplicate, and send these to those who requested them! Please let me know if I can ever return the favor in kind!

Donnie_M
06-02-2010, 12:22 PM
I'd be happy to help any one with their Vantare questions.

wayne
06-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Donnie, great to have you on board. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting Donnie, in our humble opinion, he is THE go to Vantare man!!

Thanks so much for your willingness to share with POGers.

Donnie_M
06-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Well thank you Wayne:o Hope all is well with you and Jill. Tell her I said hello.

michaeldterry
06-02-2010, 05:03 PM

Donnie - I hope you don't live to regret that offer! :p Our Evangeline is a 1996 Vantare conversion and I'll have something just shy of a million questions for you as soon as I can find the notes that Vita has been keeping over the last several months of things we needed to get resolved/answered!

Donnie_M
06-02-2010, 06:14 PM
I know this site must have one of those "click to report abuse" buttons;) We'll have to put a day/week limit on the freebies...lol

Donnie_M
06-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Actually if I recall correctly only one actual Bi color board. The difference is the location. Either up in the closet or down in the bay. I believe they started getting in the bays somewhere around 98??? I could be wrong. I don't have enough storage space in my head to remember particulars like the actual year things started. If some one just describes their issue I can usually get them in the right spot. Is your dc panel in the bay or closet? If there is an issue with that board, it is very easy to repair. Nelson will probably be the one to ask for those kinds of particulars. I just know how to find and fix the problems...lol

Donnie_M
06-03-2010, 02:42 PM
1. no...all the ones like yours with the panel in the closet are the same and the coaches with the dc panel in the bay have the same switches. This also goes for the Oklahoma built coaches from about 1999 up.
2.yes

It's hard to pin down an exact date on the changes. I have seen 98 coaches with the dc panel in the bay and 99 coaches in the closet....all in the titling!!

I actually have a print showing each relay and the in/out put and triggers. It was one of the first prints and matches up pretty close all the way up to the new electrical system coach. Some of the loads have changed, but you can troubleshoot easily if ya know the inputs and outputs.

michaeldterry
06-03-2010, 03:49 PM
I actually have a print showing each relay and the in/out put and triggers. It was one of the first prints and matches up pretty close all the way up to the new electrical system coach. Some of the loads have changed, but you can troubleshoot easily if ya know the inputs and outputs.

That would be a very valuable/helpful piece of documentation for any Vantare conversion owner to have! Okay - somebody has to ask - it might as well be me - how would one convince you to make copies of that print available (i.e. - how much would it cost us)?

travelite
10-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Folks,

I'm presently looking at an '06 Vantare. Is there any update on the possibility of support from Amadas?

Jon Wehrenberg
10-03-2010, 07:24 AM
David.........see PM.

michaeldterry
10-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Folks,

I'm presently looking at an '06 Vantare. Is there any update on the possibility of support from Amadas?

David, I can't answer about Amadas, but there is plenty of knowledgeable support for Vantares available through CoachWorx, Donnie Myers RV, and others who have a history designing, building, and/or maintaining them.

chtree
10-03-2010, 09:14 AM
David,

We purchased a 2004 Vantare in March of 09 and have had good luck finding service folks (Hoffman Coach , Donnie Myers RV, etc.)

Good Luck!

Chris

robmick
10-04-2010, 07:28 PM

We have a 1998 Vantare H3 45 double slide that we have had since May of this year. I have about 60% of the documentation, and have been figuring out the rest by trial and error. You may be able tell me what the slider switches in the stateroom closets are for. I also would love to know what the button the shower stall controls.

Thanks if you are able to help.

Rob Mickelberry and family (currently passing through Nova Scotia)

grantracy
10-05-2010, 08:26 AM
I am pretty sure the slider switches are for dimming rope lights...not sure about shower stall button. Maybe you know what the doorbell looking button in my first bay is?

BenC
10-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Yes, the Decora-style Sliders are for dimming the 110v Rope Lights, forward and aft respectively. The switch in your shower (except for or course the digital temp controlled shower valves) was a special customer request and not normal. I take it you have tried it but see nothing happen? I would have guessed either the shower wall roller shade or the shower light lol. You would need to find (if it is in the coach) the original build order. The customer special request will be listed in the options/notes section.

grantracy
10-05-2010, 05:48 PM
what about the dooebell button( mounted in a J box) in my first bay?

BenC
10-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Is it actually a button that you can push and see movement? Vantare mounted snap-disc thermostats for bay cooling fans in a fashion similar to what you are describing. Otherwise, it was a special request item as well.

robmick
10-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the many quick answers. I can see that this site is going to be quite habit forming (as long as my bus keeps providing the questions).

scott13
10-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Anybody know how the Micron fans on the roof work or what makes them come on? I have four of them on the roof and I don't know if they work or if I even need them.

Zmax73
08-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Bonnie,
Found this archive with your offer to send CD of manual. Hope this is still available since I`ve just purchased a 2001 Vantare H345. Address is Steve Perry ,733 Hydrangea Circle, Concord,NC 28027. Thanks!

bonhall41
08-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Steve,
I just sent a set to someone else so will burn a copy for you and get them in the mail tomorrow. Hope they help. We're in your part of the country as often as possible since our only grandchild (and her parents) live in Hickory.
Bonnie
P.S. Hope you enjoy your new purchase! You're in the right place to have your questions answered--sometimes even correctly.

BenC
08-10-2011, 01:40 PM
The Nicro fans are for component cooling, both in the front cap and the rear cap. One is a "puller" and the other is a "pusher" to circulate air around the AV equipment mounted overhead. They are controlled by a "snap disc" thermostat located at the top of the space where the equipment is located.

bonhall41
08-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Steve,
Your CDs are in the mail. You should receive them soon. Please let me know.
Bonnie

Zmax73
08-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Bonnie,
Do u still have the Vantare manual on CD? If so pls let me know I need a copy. Thanks!

bonhall41
08-12-2011, 12:12 AM
I can send you a copy also. Just let me know your name and address. I have both the Prevost VIP Owner's Manual and the Featherlite Vantare Owner's Manual. Our coach is a 2005 but if yours is a different year you might still be able to find some useful information. If you don't get your mailing information to me in the morning, you will have to wait a little while because I'll be gone until August 21.

Bonnie

DeMolay H345
08-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Hi Bonnie,

We have a 2001 Vantare H345 but do not have any Featherlite Owner's Manual. It would be great to have one. We would be glad to pay for one of your CDs. Please email us and we will provide our address.

Many thanks,

Bob and Stacy
rwc@modemolay.org

Zmax73
08-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Thanks agn for the CD`s guys!

Cliff
12-22-2015, 10:51 PM
Bonnie, My name is Cliff and during my forum surfing, I ran across this, regarding a CD of the Vantare H3. I know a lot of time has passed, but if possible I would love to get a copy. Please let me know if it is still available. Thanks in advance, life
Cliff Carney
9758 230th Street E.
Lakeville, MN 55044
612-670-7290

bcsellie
02-13-2024, 07:52 PM
Are the CD's still available? It's becoming more difficult to find support for these coaches....2002 for me :)

Please advise and I can supply an address or payment if required....

Ck2hans
02-14-2024, 08:30 AM
Blaine:
Don’t know where you live but; Featherlite has a service center in Sanford, FL as does Donnie Myers. Tradewinds is just a short drive away in Deland, FL and Clearwater Motor coach in Clearwater,FL all have detailed knowledge of Featherlite’s. Olympia Luxury coaches in TN is a knowledgeable Featherlite source too.
Chuck

bcsellie
02-16-2024, 05:13 PM
We live in Seattle, WA!

Ck2hans
02-16-2024, 07:35 PM
Blaine:

Check with Marathon, Coburg Oregon
Service # 800-365-0156

Chuck