PDA

View Full Version : CC BUS INFO HAS BEEN SOLD TO BUS OWNERS-PRE-AUCTION

Coloradobus
01-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Go to Country Coach thread to see latest note from Ted Wright, PreZ of CCI

mcirco
02-01-2010, 09:33 AM
If everything goes well, ALL of the drawings,documentation, and procedures that were used to build and maintain your Country Coach Bus will be available to all Country Coach POG members by mid-February. I prefer to not go into the details yet because I am under a bankcruptcy court imposed waiting period. I personally went thru all the files at Country Coach and hired a key Country Coach "bus" employee who working alongside me, was able to extract all the documentation off of the computer system including all the very old hand drawn drawings that had been scanned into the system for support of all the coaches of the 90's and even some earlier. If I survive the waiting period, I will be happy to tell you the rest of the story.

Miles Circo
2004 Country Coach 45' XLII D/S

P.S. Although the bankrupcy court lists me as head of a club of Prevost Owners - I had told them I was a member of POG knowing that no body part designations had yet to be bestowed upon any of us unless one is to assume we are all "members".

JIM KELLER
02-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Good Job Miles ! At this point I'm sure none of us realize how lucky we are.

LarryB
02-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Miles, Great Job. Happy to hear you are in line to receive that Info. I figured Oregon Motor Coach would be the ones to pick up the lion's share of the small parts and Docs.
Are you going to be at the auction? I thought I might go just to observe, like to meet you if you have time and are there.

edmartine
02-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Greetings Miles;

I too appreciate the time and effort your spending. As a new CC owner of less than one month I just dont know what I dont know. If I can be assistance in any way please let me know how I can help.

dale farley
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Miles, Thanks so much for watching out for us.

dreamchasers
02-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Miles,

You are the MAN!

That is the tools that all Country Coach owners need.

Yaahoooooo!

Hector

lloyd&pamela
02-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Miles your willingness to give for the benefit of others is much appreciated. Thank you for all your labors on our behalf.
Lloyd and Pamela

pwf252
02-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Miles,
After reading the threads on the CC section it seemed to be nothing but bad news in regards to the future availability of information on our buses.
You seem to have singlehandedly repudiated that gloomy outlook.
I agree with the claim that you are the man!!!!!!!
As a new owner of a CC I wish to thank you for your efforts and hope to be able to assist you in someway in the future.

Denny
02-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks Miles. Your hard work is greatly appreciated!!

Neal&Carla
02-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Miles--Neal and I thank you for your effort in this endeavor. We are appreciative of all you have done. We echo the sentiments of the others. It is an amazing undertaking!!

Carla

rfoster
02-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Miles: You Are the Man! Thanks so much for your efforts and for all that you are doing for the CC community of Prevost Bus Owners. POG continues to pay handsome dividends for that 50 buck annual membership.

If there is anything that I can do to help or assist, please let me know.

Tell Laura Micki and me say hi!

Xtreme James
02-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks Miles.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-02-2010, 07:15 AM
From a Liberty owner I want to say you have done a great job and the benefits to the CC owners will be extremely valuable.

When you get the data I would suggest all CC owners compare notes and identify in descending order those areas of greatest need and begin the process of either finding the critical components, or vendors who can build or remanufacture those. If you do this as a group with collective buying power, especially to amass spares prior to their need you will litterally take the pressure off all owners who have been concerned if certain components failed.

Great job Miles.

JIM KELLER
02-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Miles, Obviously you have spent a considerable amount of time and money on this project. Now that it has become public knowledge we all hope it remains successful. At some point please let us know how we, the people that will benefit from your efforts, can contribute to your expenses.

rahangman
02-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Thank you in advance, Miles, for being so willing AND able to gather up this info for all of us CC owners. Hope to hear about your progress soon, I am sure that all of CC owners will be more than Appreciatve.

Jamie Bradford
02-02-2010, 11:26 AM
It looks like we "orphans" have found a new Daddy Warbucks!!!

Thanks bunches Miles!!!!!

I agree with Jim. Any of us who are to share in the fruits of Miles work should be very willing to share in the expense also.

Access to this information has increased the value of our coaches.

Thanks Again Miles..........;)

Jamie

Coloradobus
02-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Way to go Miles, the Country Coach Busses numbering from 60001-60491, and a few earlier conversions not in the 6,0,0,0,0 series, as well as the "NEW" LS series will not be lost and forgotten. CC busses and fiberglass hav always been near and dear to our hearts, having owned both a fiberglass, Coach #5847-(Affinity) and the Bus #60449:).

bluevost
02-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Miles,

Thank you for your efforts on behalf of all CC owners. The info and data you get will be invaluable to all of us.

Ken

charlesebrownjr
02-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Miles, Thanks a million. If there is anything I can do to contribute please let me know. Have scanners, computors and the like if I can donate any time or effort.
Thanks again

Kenneth Brewer
02-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Miles,

Thank you for your efforts on behalf of all CC owners. The info and data you get will be invaluable to all of us.

Ken

The rest of us appreciate what you are doing as well. Something like this could have, and may yet, befall us too.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-04-2010, 02:02 PM
The loss of support from a converter has always been somewhat of an issue because the stuff on a coach breaks or wears out and it is very helpful to know where and how to get replacement parts.

When some converters started using proprietary parts and systems controls the lack of support went from an annoyance to a serious problem. The issue is not restricted to our coaches. Try to deal with a problem on our cars of today without support from the manufacturer. Manufacturers who keep the proprietary information as secret as the plans to a nuclear bomb such as Mercedes almost insure that car is coming back to them for service. As long as they remain viable that is not a problem, but if they go out of business or if their costs get prohibitive owners are screwed.

CC is a good example of that relative to conversions. They had a lot of specialized components and until Mile's efforts it appeared the owners were at great risk. His efforts have greatly reduced the apprehension owners felt about future service. I suspect once that information is put to work to help owners maintain their coaches two things will happen. First, the components and systems will become less daunting and owners who desire will likely get comfortable with the system design and will be in a position to help all CC owners in need of assistance.

The second thing is how this impacts coach values. It does not take a Mensa member to understand now that the information is available, even if getting that knowledge has a cost associated with it the value of every CC, especially the later model coaches is going to stabilize and maybe even be comparable to coaches still getting support. Had the information been lost all CC coaches would have had plunging values. For that reason everyone should send Miles a check for $50,000. Or not.

dale farley
02-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Jon, I agree with your last post. I am rather busy at the moment, so how about sending Miles a $50,000 check for me. I'll pay you back as soon as I sell my airplane.

pwf252
02-04-2010, 04:58 PM
While I do not necessarily agree with Jon's assigned value to Miles' efforts, I do agree that there is substantial value there. I am more then willing to contribute monetarily to Miles in order to mitigate some of the cost he has incurred and will incur in assembling this CC data.

Miles,
Please do not hesitate to post the cost you incur as you endeavor to compile this information so we might as a group(those that are interested and willing) discuss appropriate reimbursement.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Hey Miles, I tried. This is going to be a tough crowd.

Coloradobus
02-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Lot 1B, the Intellectual property sold this morning. for more than we thought:eek:

mcirco
02-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I truly appreciate all the positive comments. As I mentioned earlier I am still under the Bankcruptcy Court's imposed waiting period. Once all aspects of the deal have been concluded and everything has made its way to me in Maryland in late February I will be happy to tell the rest of the story which I expect will make our orphaned Bus owners feel even better.

In addition, for all my pre-2004 Country Coach friends, I was able to get well over a THOUSAND of the hard to find SUNMULON switches used throughout your Buses. I know a number of you are currently looking for some replacements. As soon as I know exactly how many there are I will post how to get them from me. I was lucky enough to find them tucked away in a corner of the factory as I was rummaging through the place. There was no logical reason those switches were stored where they were and no reason why I should have been looking there. This is proof that even the blind squirrel can find a nut. They were part of a lot of unrelated items that I was able to win at the auction there today.

Miles Circo
2004 Country Coach 45' XLII D/S
Wittman, Maryland

Coloradobus
02-06-2010, 12:50 AM
BRILLIANT MILES. We had such a desparate time when we owned CC BUS #60449 obtaining replacement Sunmulon switches. I even tried thru the internet, but my Korean is completely lacking. The bases of those switches are soooo brittle. Our side dash switches in that coach with jake and such being used often during the driving operation couldn't hack the abuse of continual use.
That was one of our biggest peeves with the CC bus, that bending CC engineers and Brian Thompson and Star Wood's ears back in 2001 when the first LS bus was being considered, we implored CC to leave all the Prevost dash switches alone.
BRAVO on your magnificent find!!!!!!!!!!!:)

truk4u
02-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Button question? I had a button not working on Jamie's bus at Branson and Nick Hestler was helping me try to get it working. He explained that it was the circuit board the button was attached to and not the button. If I remember, the button has no bulb and attaches by little tiny connectors. So, how does the button get it's light? Nick said changing the button would have no effect.

Great find Miles, you are da man!;)

dreamchasers
02-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Tom,

Before I start working up an explanation, which button was it? What did it do or supposed to do?

The Country Coach has numerous buttons and switches, with a variety of uses, functions and feedback displays. I have repaired several of my own display boards, so I have knowledge of how the lamps work. The lamps in the Sun Mulon switches are actually LEDs that are driven by a combination of switch contacts and transistors. The manner that Country Coach manipulated the LEDs and colors are unique.

Each LED Sun Mulon switch assembly has two base colors, Red and Green. The amber color we all see when a switch is "off" is actually a combination of both the Red and Green on at the same time. When the switch turns green, the switch logic has turn off the red led.

It has taken some time to figure out, but it is very simple electronics.

Hector

truk4u
02-06-2010, 11:06 AM
You explained it Hector, LED is what I forgot. I think the button in question (fresh water dump) had turned a funky color and would no longer trigger the circuit on the Daughter board. In my case, a new button would have had no effect and there was a problem with the board(s). I also could not get that circuit to work even by opening the Mother Board and tripping the tiny black button on back for that particular circuit number.

I liked that function of the Mother Board, allowing you to manually press the little black button for each numbered wire to verify that current was being passed to the appropriate source (light, valve, etc). That way I could tell the problem was either at the LED button and it's circuit board or the Daughter Board itself.

You guys have Miles in the loop, so your in good hands....;)

JIM KELLER
02-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Congratulations on being the highest bidder !