PDA

View Full Version : Prevost Fort Worth / Dallas

Trendycat
01-29-2010, 10:47 PM
We just spent the past week at Prevost in Fort Worth, TX having work done on our Blue Bird Wanderlodge at their service center. I have been very impressed with the quality of the service here and the professionalism of the staff and the cleanliness of the facility.

The mechanics told me that things had been slow (they had a few entertainer and seated coaches in the shop during the week along with 3 or 4 private coaches) which might explain why they had no problem fitting us in on short notice. (I called Monday morning at 8:00AM and we were in the shop by 11:30 AM)

Their labor prices are fair ($106/hr) and my wife was pleased with how polite and friendly everyone at the facility was. They have 14 spots with electric and water hookups and a dump station on site, so staying here for as long as the work takes is no problem. (Which is great, since the cost of our stay came out to about $550/day :eek: making it by far the most expensive RV park we have ever stopped at.)

They haven't worked on a large number of Wanderlodges but they know all of the mechanical systems well enough that I didn't have to pay for them to learn. They didn't pressure me to have more work done than was needed - they simply pointed out problems or possible maintenance issues, made their recommendation and allowed me to decide whether or not to have the work done.

If the other Prevost service centers are anything like this one, I'll certainly add them to my list of shops to visit if we need maintenance/repairs on our travels.

Bruce

tdelorme
01-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Bruce, glad that went well for you. Prevost Ft. Worth is a nice facility. Of course, staying with your coach is the only way to get in and out in one piece and ensure the work is completed properly. They have some good techs over there. I bet they got a kick out of having something different to crawl around under. Safe travels.

BrianE
01-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Ted, I nominate you for Sec. of State. Lord knows ,we need a new one. :D

tdelorme
01-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Brian, did you say Sec. of Steak? Done, and thanks.

merle&louise
01-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Bruce,

I just checked out your website (rvfoodies) and caught a glimpse of your BB. It is beatuiful. Glad to hear that you liked the service in Dallas/Ft.Worth

Hope to see you on the road or at a rally:D

dreamchasers
01-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Brian,

I second your nomination for Ted!

Hector

Pete
01-30-2010, 06:17 PM
I stopped by Prevost Ft. Worth Friday morning about 10:00 am and have never seen the place so empty! The entire service bay only had 2 coaches in it and only 1 was being actively worked on.
Guess the slowing economy has even affected them.

GDeen
02-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Not much busier today....couple of seated coaches in for routine maintenance, a 2 slide XLII in for slide roof replacment and me. Trying to keep them from making their week on me!:eek:

Met a couple of the Proud guys in this morning with their 2 slide Liberty H3's for minor work. Rick Kent who I guess is a PP national officer of some sort and a retired Orthodontist from Houston - nice guy.