PDA

View Full Version : Tennesee POGers...

phorner
01-27-2010, 09:24 AM
We had a wonderful surprise last Sunday when we got a call from Eric and Deb Faires asking if we had dinner plans.... and would we care to join them??

We jumped at the chance as we alway enjoy their company, and it would be a good opportunity to catch up with them, since we were last together in OKC.

So, we ended up having dinner at Crawdaddy's N'awlins Cafe and Raw Bar in Jensen Beach, one of our favorite places. They have excellent seafood and live entertainment on the weekends. As you would expect, it's a "bluesy" kind of place...

As I had hoped, the band was playing at their outdoor patio dining area. As we were seated indoors, Jay decided to check out the band more closely.

Well, it wasn't long before we heard some familiar licks from the guitar, Eric and Deb looked at each other, and we knew who had taken to the stage!

Jay was performing with the band and he was awesome! The audience was clapping and quickly standing to take in his performance. He played several tunes with the band and the audience was thrilled. The indoor dining room emptied (including staff!) as everyone wanted to see who was playing that guitar!

As an encore, Jay moved on to the drummers position, where he continued to keep the audience amazed.

After his impromtu "set", Jay was congratulated by band members and audience alike..... including requests for his autograph! Most folks wanted to get his name straight, so that someday they could say they knew him "when".

It was a great time that we will not soon forget.

Jay even took time out to eat dinner.....

I was proud to just be able to say "I'm with him...." :D

michaeldterry
01-27-2010, 09:32 AM
WAY cool! I would have loved to see/hear that!

truk4u
01-27-2010, 07:44 PM
The boy is going to be a star and I hope we can get some discount POG tickets!;) Eric, Jay & Deb, can I drive the limo?

Alek&Lucia
01-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Wow,

Soon Eric, Deb & Jay will be driving brand new Entertainer Prevost !!!

Alek

hobobimmer
01-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Paul:

Thanks for posting so nice a story. Deb and I were totally surprised when we heard Jay playing, even though I saw Jay a few minutes earlier chatting up the drummer. When the band started back up from a short break, we knew it was Jay playing the blues, even though we could not see him through the wall from where we were sitting.

It was a wonderful evening, for the parents and Paul/Janice. Jay said it was the "best night ever in his life, and he wants to do that every night."

The band cleaned out their tip jar and gave it to Jay, but he knew it was their money and he gave it back. One couple in the audience gave Jay a $20 bill through our waitress, so he kept that. I guess this is his intro to professional gigs.

Jay has been on Cloud 9 for a couple of days now, and is currently writing a composition for school about his experience.

Thanks, Paul and Janice, for taking us to Crawdaddy's.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

michaeldterry
01-27-2010, 08:44 PM
It was a wonderful evening, for the parents and Paul/Janice. Jay said it was the "best night ever in his life, and he wants to do that every night."

The band cleaned out their tip jar and gave it to Jay, but he knew it was their money and he gave it back. One couple in the audience gave Jay a $20 bill through our waitress, so he kept that. I guess this is his intro to professional gigs.

Jay has been on Cloud 9 for a couple of days now, and is currently writing a composition for school about his experience.

As a drummer who began playing professionally at the age of 11 and spent more than 23 years "on the road" playing every type of venue from beer joints with sawdust floors to stadiums (as an opening act), it's exciting to me to see young talent like Jay getting his first taste of the rush that comes from sharing your talents with an appreciative audience!

It can be a tough, demanding, and not so glamorous life, but it can also be very fulfilling and rewarding if you keep your head on straight and don't fall prey to destructive temptations.

I hope that Jay enjoys many successful years of playing music, if that's what he chooses to do! :cool:

Danss
01-28-2010, 08:02 AM
GO JAY! Sure wish we could have been there for that! Looking forward to hearing more music at Port St. lucie. Dan & Jo

parksincpp
01-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Way to go Jay. Let us know when you burn or drop a cd.