PDA

View Full Version : Next problem - toilet won't stop flushing!

michaeldterry
01-25-2010, 09:38 PM
On Sunday, just a few hours after we got the transmission shifter module issue resolved, Vita had occasion to flush the toilet in the bus. A minute later, she was calling to me to come quick. I entered the bath area to find the Microphor toilet continually flushing over and over. I removed, what on a traditional home toilet would be the tank cover and tried to find a reset button or some adjustment I could make to stop the continual "cycling". I couldn't find anything to push, poke, or adjust. The only way I could get the toilet to stop flushing was to disconnect one of the wires on the top of the mechanism inside the "tank" area.

Does anyone have any idea how I might troubleshoot this problem or reset the flushing mechanism? When I reconnect the wire - it starts flushing over and over again... :confused:

garyde
01-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Hi Michael. What manufacturer? The obvious would be that the push button is stuck or possibly broken.

michaeldterry
01-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Hi Michael. What manufacturer? The obvious would be that the push button is stuck or possibly broken.

Gary - it's a Microphor and the flushing mechanism is actuated by a handle on the left (facing) rear side of the toilet.

garyde
01-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Here, read this thread from the wanderlodge site:

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1099

Alek&Lucia
01-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Michael,

http://www.microphor.com

ph # 707-459-5563 or 800-358-8280

I had similar situation in my Prevost Country Coach.
I replaced the Cam Limit Switch #41982 , but check first if it is not loose, this will also make the constant flushing.

Alek

truk4u
01-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Michael,

Microphor is real good about helping you trouble shoot the toilet. I assume it's electric and not air. They make a rebuild kit that replaces all the parts. Here is a link to my thread when I rebuilt mine:

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?t=526&highlight=microphor

I had to remove mine to rebuilt it, but you may be able to R & R some parts with the toilet in place depending on how much access you have.

michaeldterry
01-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks guys! With your responses, I think I've got some good places to start the quest for a resolution this weekend! I'll report my findings/results here!

Alek&Lucia
01-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Michael,

Everything will be OK, don't worry.

Until to fix it, here is your back up :eek:

Alek

michaeldterry
01-26-2010, 06:07 PM
HA! You're a funny guy, Alek! :p

michaeldterry
02-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Michael,

Microphor is real good about helping you trouble shoot the toilet. I assume it's electric and not air. They make a rebuild kit that replaces all the parts. Here is a link to my thread when I rebuilt mine:

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?t=526&highlight=microphor

I had to remove mine to rebuilt it, but you may be able to R & R some parts with the toilet in place depending on how much access you have.

Microphor was great in responding to my request for assistance! Brian with Microphor sent me the manual (with troubleshooting guide) for my Microphor LF220 toilet and then verified the accuracy of my findings to insure that I was on the right track to a resolution. The best news is that using the manual/troubleshooting guide, we were able to identify the problem and resolve it with a simple adjustment to the Cam Switch! No more continually flushing toilet or having to disconnect a wire to stop it! :D

HarborBus
02-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Did you have to remove the toilet to make the adjustment?

michaeldterry
02-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Did you have to remove the toilet to make the adjustment?

Nope! The adjustment was accessible under the tank cover!

johnny64
02-13-2010, 07:38 PM
we nead to hope we dont brake our stools I dont think they are going to make then any more.

HarborBus
02-13-2010, 07:41 PM
You know the economy is REALLY bad when they are no longer going to make toilets. What, are we going back to outhouses?:D:D

Sid Tuls
02-13-2010, 07:44 PM
John, are you saying Microphor is going out of business?

Jeff Bayley
02-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Michael-

I have the same toilet and had to rebuild the whole thing a few years ago just like Truk. My coach has been sitting and from non use, the toilet wants to hang up now in the open position. After I jiggle the handle and let the air cycle enough times it finally started to work and I need to keep working it regularly from now on to prevent it from getting rusty again I guess. I might be able to "tune it up" if I made that same adjustment. Can you tell me more specific where that part is ? I assume it's on the top half and you don't have to remove the top parts to get into it. I should have kept the manual instead of flushing it.

To confirm, was your toilet stuck open and running or it was opening and shutting non stop ? Mine just wants to stay stuck open.

michaeldterry
02-13-2010, 09:51 PM
To confirm, was your toilet stuck open and running or it was opening and shutting non stop ? Mine just wants to stay stuck open.

Jeff - mine was opening and shutting non-stop.

I'm sending you an e-mail with the manual for the Microphor LF220 toilet attached. I believe that the adjustment we made was to the Cam Switch. It's under the tank cover and hard to describe exactly where it's located - but you will see it on the exploded view of the toilet's 'innards" on page 4 of the manual.

It sounds like your problem may be a balky Flapper mechanism. There is a Flapper Replacement Kit available from microphor.com (P/N 90066-3) for $55.00.

Jeff Bayley
02-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Michael- Got the manual thanks. This is a really crappy thread.

Mine was working fine until I let it sit and once I get it the flapper to start moving and exercising it loosens up or starts to correct itself. But to change that flapper you have to remove the toilet and also remove the hopper. That's pain and a crappy job. I put a new hopper all new inerds when I rebuilt it about 4 years ago.

Here's another crappy question. Anyone have a solution for getting the skid marks out of the hopper ? I probably shouldn't try because by now it's almost starting to become one solid soiled color instead of two tone colored. To properly clean that thing you'd need to have a custom made XL pipe cleaner with a 45 degree bend in it. Seems like a crappy design. Even after I rebuilt mine I was never satisfied with the way it flushed. And sometimes I have to make it a two or three flusher after dropping a porcelin cracking mud flopper. And you need a good flapper when your puttin down a serious flopper.

So.......what's they talking up on the cooking thread I wonder ? Aren't you guys glad I drift in and out and stay out mostly ?

garyde
02-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Jeff, you have to buy a toilet scrubber! Also, check out www.happybowl.com.
Word is Jdub has a majority share in this company.

Jeff Bayley
02-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Gary- Ha. I re-read my post and see I was unclear. I was referring to the hopper that the, um, the "roses" go into before getting swoshed into the next life. You know, that limbo in between holding area. The main big bowl, I got that one down. But wouldn't it be funny if at 42 I didn't know about a toilet bowl scrubber ? I bet Paris Hilton doesn't know what that is.

I went to www.happybowl.com but it was for Chinese take out. Bada Boom.

truk4u
02-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Jeff - Way TMI!:eek:

Jeff Bayley
02-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Truk- Does our Mirophor make a rock solid flush ? I typically have to flush mine 3 times and I'm not talking about a JDUB flopper. Just a run of the mill flopper.

You know some people said that other RV owners perceive Prevost owners and snooty or something along those lines. Too bad they can't read this thread. Wait, I'm the only one talking crap.

Should I post photos ? Take a measurement ?

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
02-14-2010, 07:09 PM
What a lot of "troublesome wind"!!!As the Lucians say it!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: