PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Coach

Jon Wehrenberg
09-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Thompson Coach is a pretty well kept secret. I saw their ads in the FMCA magazine, and last week poked around and found their shop, which happens to be about 5 miles from my house.

They are a small operation, but they don't lack for good ideas. I spent some time talking to Rick Thompson and I can say they have done a good job in designing their systems, especially the electrical system.

www.thompsoncoach.com

We were given an opportunity to meet with Nelson from Millenium Coach at the first POG rally and were impressed with some of his ideas, and I think Thompson is another shop that is bringing some fresh thinking to the table.

merle&louise
12-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Currently there is a 2001 Prevost converted by Thompson for sale on eBay. The buy it now price is $361,000 and it includes an '06 Denali. The Prevost has 31,000 miles and is a XL II 45'. Subtracting out the NADA FMV for the Denali ($35,000) the asking price for the bus is $326,000 !!

It seems to me that this is a bargin for a 2001 Prevost. Anyone have any thoughts about this bus?

Ray Davis
12-05-2006, 08:43 PM
From the pictures, the coach is really pretty outside. Don't have enough to tell about inside. I had asked someone else here recently about Thompson conversions, as I'd heard you could get a new (2006 or 2007?) for about $800k++ which sounded like a bargain.

I don't remember who responded, but as I remember Thompson wasn't recommended.

But, $300k for a 2001 coach seems like pretty good deal to me. Interesting that pictures were taken back in May of this year. Was the coach sold just recently? Why would they have a set of sales pictures 6 months old?

Ray