PDA

View Full Version : Cruisair Tip

phorner
01-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Last night, I started getting erratic displays on the SMX controller for the bedroom Cruisair when I was attempting to adjust the temperature. Pushing the up and down buttons would light up the entire display, and pushing the off button did nothing. So, I shut off the breaker and decided to try again in the morning.

This morning I restored power to the unit and tried the factory memory reset procedure (OFF, SET and FAN simultaneously, then press SET) but no luck.

A quick call to Johnny at AAP (804-633-9454) with a description of the problem and he believed that there was most probably a small amount of corrosion at the pin connection of the control cable at the PLC. He described the connector and suggested simply pulling it out and replacing it a couple of times to clean it. On my Liberty, all 4 PLC "boxes" are located in the first bay, mounted to the ceiling of the bay. Liberty does an excellent job of labeling their wiring and the suspect PLC box was quickly identified.

I pulled out he cable connection as Johnny had suggested, sprayed the pins with a small shot of electrical cleaner, and replaced it.

My problem SMX controller is now working properly.

Thanks to Johnny at AAP!!! :D

sawdust_128
01-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Could we get a picture of the box?

GDeen
01-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Mine went haywire last summer and the factory reset fixed the problem...good to know there is further options should it occur again.