PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Mini Rally Potluck ....

Ray Davis
01-20-2010, 10:40 PM
During our mini-rally at LVMCR we are planning a potluck for Friday evening, February 12th.

Rather than assign what people can bring, please post what you'd like to bring here. Please review the list as you get ready to post and please do your best to balance entres, deserts, salads etc.

I have no doubt that we'll have plenty to eat and drink! :D

Ray

BrianE
01-20-2010, 10:52 PM
The Esler's will bring a salad. We are looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new friends.

BUSTER
01-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Mike & Jean will bring red wine

mikedee
01-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Mike and Dee will have shrimp with cocktail sauce, and some other goodies.

HarborBus
01-21-2010, 11:48 AM
The McLeod's will bring deviled eggs....

garyde
01-21-2010, 11:27 PM
We will bring a meat meal.

Lawrence M.
01-22-2010, 02:13 AM
Larry and Sandy Dahlin will bring Sandy's special sweet and sour meatballs.
Look forward to seeing all of you.

parksincpp
01-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Veggie tray with dip. Looking foward to meeting everyone.

Steve Bennett
01-25-2010, 09:46 AM
We will be bringing a pasta salad. Ray thanks for doing the organization of this event, we look forward to seeing everyone.

Ray Davis
01-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks everyone, it's starting to look good. Please remember to sign up here. Check what others are bringing first.

It seems like we could use some dinner entrees at this point?! :D

I guess I'd better check with Kathy to see what we are bringing?!

Ray

pwf252
01-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Ray,
We will run out when we get there and get a main course of some sort ie: chicken-ham-BBQ something along those lines.

BrianE
01-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Brian and Beverly will also bring a crock pot with either baked beans or chili.

Doc Miller
01-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Doc & Vera Miller will bring Bar-B-Q beef or pork.

jello_jeep
01-28-2010, 11:50 PM
Mo meat... Looks like we need mo meat!!!

We will bring some spam (ham)....:D

hhoppe
01-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Ray: Shirley & I will bring a Pasta Dish.

Sid Tuls
01-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Hi Ray, Judy and I will bring deep pit BEEF. Looking forward to all the fun. Ray is there going to be a auction at this event?

flyu2there
01-30-2010, 08:24 AM
There better be an auction, certainly do not want to miss out on another of Harry's famous rub rail protectors! I have several cutsie items that I have picked up at earlier POG suctions, I mean auctions, that need to be re-cycled as well!

I'll bring some Mexican goodies to dine upon as well as a 50 gallon jug of fresh "medicinal" water from San Luis Rio de Colorado, Sonora, Mexico for those interested in a 3 day crash diet!

Ray Davis
01-30-2010, 05:38 PM
I have not planned an auction, however if someone wants to take that on, please feel free. This is NOT meant to be "Ray's Rally". I stepped into arrange a few things, but I don't consider myself rally chairman.

Personally (just my opinion), I'm about auctioned-out. I spoke with Mike Simmons today, and his comment was that auctions should be a the national rally, not necessarily min-get-togethers.

Again, I don't have any problem if someone wants to coordinate an auction at the night of the potluck. Please feel free to job in and make it happen!

Ray

flyu2there
01-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Ray,

I will be glad to help Warren Holm who, imhop, should be lead auctioneer. Every POG Rally that I have attended has included a fun auction which leaves behind, to the community, a very warm feeling about POG. Even if its only 50 bucks to the local battered womens shelter, we should all feel good about doing this!!

Ray Davis
01-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Sounds good John. I leave it in your hands.

Ray

Ray Davis
01-30-2010, 07:07 PM
A word about breakfast.

Jim Skiff has chipped in to sponsor this breakfast for us! Yeah Jim!

The diner has provided me with 25 special breakfast menus. To the first 25 people who participate (I have them menus and will pass out at the resort), they will provide a free breakfast off the special menu, tax included.

If more than 25 want to eat, they are going to provide us with 15% off coupons that are good any time at the diner during our visit.

I'm hungry already!

Ray

jello_jeep
01-31-2010, 12:43 AM
John, I replied to your PM b4 I read these posts...

As stated in the reply, it is too late in my opinion to get one going.. When I did the LHC deal, I started a couple months in advance, putting the arm on members, suppliers and personal friends to get quality swag for the auction.
Without good stuff, you are going to have a crappy auction. Plus we have always had a representative from the recipient group there to accept.. Would feel funny not to have several thousand dollars to hand them!
Many people just got done with the POG auction in OKC, and gave deep and hard (insert joke of choice here). Hell, I paid a couple hundred bucks for a bag of dog treats just to make Skiff eat one!

Being the auctioneer is just a small part of arranging the auction itself in its totality.

So my friend, if you have the connections to conjure up all the stuff and want ME to help YOU, I seldom turn down requests for help.

However for the reasons given, I think we should take a powder on this one and just have a good time. I can personally accept a nice donation on behalf of the NRA for you if you want that nice warm fuzzy feeling! If its more than 100K, I need another rep there though, so let me know ;)

Ray,

I will be glad to help Warren Holm who, imhop, should be lead auctioneer. Every POG Rally that I have attended has included a fun auction which leaves behind, to the community, a very warm feeling about POG. Even if its only 50 bucks to the local battered womens shelter, we should all feel good about doing this!!

Ray Davis
02-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Bringing the thread back on topic. Kathy and I are bringing a main course item. Looks like beef stroganoff at this point.

Ray

Jim Skiff
02-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Ray,

If it looks like beef stroganoff now what will it look like come rally time?:D

jello_jeep
02-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Wow, humor attempts from the Skifmeister.....

LOL... I bet it will look a little greener!! :)

jello_jeep
02-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Ray, since when has a POG thread followed the given topic ? :confused:;):D

Bringing the thread back on topic.

Ray

Fred
02-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Fred and Betty Siegrist
2006 Marathon H3-45
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

We are new to this group so I may be posting in cyber space. I will be bringing spaghetti and garlic bread.:)

Ray Davis
02-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Perfect post Fred, welcome. We look forward to meeting you in Las Vegas.

PS: Jello, you're absolutely right. Way too much to expect ....

HarborBus
02-02-2010, 12:26 AM
I don't see any deserts here...we will bring the deviled eggs and also whip up a banana cream pie.

pwf252
02-02-2010, 08:49 AM
After reviewing the list it appears there will be an abundance of main courses so we will switch to bringing a desert which will accomplish two things, satisfy my sweettooth and make it easier on me. Always a warm feeling of satisfaction when I can manage to make things easier on me.;)

griefer
02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
We'll bring a desert!

parksincpp
02-02-2010, 03:18 PM
I don't see any deserts here...we will bring the deviled eggs and also whip up a banana cream pie.

I call dibs on the banana cream pie, or at least some of it, my fav.

Fred
02-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Fred and Betty Siegrist
2006 Marathon H3-45
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

We have a couple coming with us who are guests. Carol and Don Horowitz will bring meatballs in sauce. :)

brent
02-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Marilyn and I will bring a cheese and cracker platter plus bottle water. Thanks again for putting this together Ray!!
Brent

Ray Davis
02-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks everyone. Looks like we definitely won't go hungry, or thirsty! I look forward to seeing everyone later this week.

ray

garyde
02-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks everyone. Looks like we definitely won't go hungry, or thirsty! I look forward to seeing everyone later this week.

ray

We're going to change to a Green Salad,or Fruit Salad, and a desert.
Looks like the main Coarse is covered.

Ray Davis
02-10-2010, 02:26 PM
LVMCR has just passed on another special offer for us. Dean's Place, an Italian restaurant is located within 1 mile of the resort. They have offered us a 2 for 1 coupon, up to $13.00.

Here's the info. Click to make larger.

Ray Davis
02-10-2010, 04:47 PM
And yet, another special from LVMCR for our rally. 10% off any service from the Las Vegas RV Doctors. Buy any two services, get third free.