PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Run Resort in January

Devin W
01-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Crystal and I made a spur of the moment trip up to Tiger Run Resort for the long weekend. This was our first time and it was very peaceful and relaxing after having had such a busy holiday schedule. The pool and hot tubs were great too!
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x150/cs427fanatic/Prevost%20Liberty%20Coach/Picture091.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x150/cs427fanatic/Prevost%20Liberty%20Coach/Picture092.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x150/cs427fanatic/Prevost%20Liberty%20Coach/Picture095.jpg

Ray Davis
01-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Wow, that's stunning. Did you have any problems in the snow? Do you use chains, or do it barefoot!?

Devin W
01-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Ray, we did it barefoot. Since the resort is right on the main thoroughfare to Breckenridge ski area the roads are kept nice and clear. Once in the campground, the road is very flat so we didn't haven any issue maneuvering. You can't really tell from the picture, but the concrete pad was cleared of snow, so except for the light dusting we got one evening, we didn't even have to worry about tracking snow in and out of the coach. We only live a couple of hours away so it was (relatively) easy to watch the local weather reports and decide if taking the bus up into the mountains would be sensible. I wouldn't want to be up there now, though.

Actually I'll be out your way tonight through Saturday to enjoy the not so frequent CA torrential downpours. The company that I used to be employed full time by and now do contract work for is right on the northern edge of Irvine.

Ray Davis
01-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the info on the park there. I may try to get by this summer.

Hey, if you are in the Irvine area, and free for dinner tonight, let me know. I'd love to get to meet you, and I might be able to scare up some of the other So Cal POGGERS.

Ray

Devin W
01-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Ray, thanks for the invite. I won't get in until late (~9PM). I'll be back in town in February, though and will likely come out in the coach with my wife Crystal. She will get to chill by the beach for a week (not sure if we'll stay at Newport or HB) and I'll work. I did build in a couple of free days in that trip, though. Maybe we can get together then if you're around?

GDeen
01-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Definitely would like to do that sometime....better be prepared to stay a while if the weather turns though eh?:cool:

Ray Davis
01-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Devin,

Sounds good. Other than the trip to Las Vegas in February (11-15), we'll be home, and I'm sure my wife Kathy would like to meet Crystal.

Give me a shout when you know your plans for sure, and I'll try to round up the guys too.

ray

TG Transport
01-28-2010, 07:20 PM
We loved Tiger Run when we stayed there for three nights in June 2007. Much to our surprise we got snow our second day there.

Devin W
01-28-2010, 08:23 PM
We loved Tiger Run when we stayed there for three nights in June 2007. Much to our surprise we got snow our second day there.

Yup, sounds like Colorado all right!