PDA

View Full Version : EAA AirVenture Oshkosh

James
01-15-2010, 10:21 AM
We're planning on going to the EAA Oshkosh event this year and wondered if anyone had any advice on parking the bus at Camp Scholler.

We used to go many years ago but haven't been recently.

MangoMike
01-15-2010, 12:30 PM
James,

Forget camping at Mad Max land and join us on Marland Felker's property.

Located right next to the EAA Museum and the shuttle bus.

Last year we had about 12 busses and a great time.

MIke

James
01-15-2010, 02:56 PM
James,

Forget camping at Mad Max land and join us on Marland Felker's property.

Located right next to the EAA Museum and the shuttle bus.

Last year we had about 12 busses and a great time.

MIke

Thanks Mike, how do we sign up?

Also, is there any POG plans for the Albuquerque Balloon festival?

MangoMike
01-15-2010, 03:24 PM
James,

About May I'll start an official list. It's a pretty laid back deal.

MIke

James
01-15-2010, 03:42 PM
James,

About May I'll start an official list. It's a pretty laid back deal.

MIke

Thanks, we'll be standing by.

jonnie
06-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Mango Mike,

Can you update the Oskosh Info?

Thanks
John

Kenj
06-09-2010, 09:55 AM
My wife and I were thinking about going this year. We've never been, but have heard it is an outstanding event. Can you please provide details on registration, cost, etc. From the photos it appears that it is dry camping. Are water and pump out vendors available and are generators allowed overnight. Thanks

Ken Jacob
2008 Country Coach XLII

Jerry Winchester
06-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Ken,

Yes, yes and yes. But don't break down and ask to have your bus fixed while you are at the show...... Any pictures of that Mike?

Jon Wehrenberg
06-10-2010, 06:45 AM
Definitely don't ask for any repairs at Camp Oshkosh. You will just have to do it over.

Just kidding on that one. The POG guys had my back.

MangoMike
06-10-2010, 10:49 AM
I talked with Marland and Pat Felker today and they are ready to receive bus folk on their property. They are great hosts and this is one of the best spots at Airventure to camp. Right next to the EAA museum you can board the shuttle to the show.

It's dry camping at it's best. Water provided and you can arrange for a honey truck to pay you a visit.

Here's the address for your GPS. 1864 W. Waukau Ave., Oshkosh, wi 54902. Their driveway is narrow, but a nice wide turn will get you in fine, unless you're Truk then you take the "Speed" overpass route.

Good call JDUB. The "A" team working on Jon's generator.

Just post your names so I can give the Felkers on heads up on how many spaces to save.

Lawrence M.
06-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Mike,
Sandy and I will be attending Oshkosh again this year. We already have a reservation with the Felkers and should be arriving Saturday or Sunday depending on our schedule. We are currently in Montana working our way toward Bayfield, WI. for some boating and fishing.

jonnie
06-11-2010, 02:24 PM
MM,

Nancy and I will be attending

John Knollmaier

billbunch47
07-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Mango,

Rita and I are giveing great thought to attending also but need the contact information for the Felkers, thanks Bill

Jeff Bayley
07-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Put us on the unofficial list. We're in Michigan and looks like work will let us stay until then.

Golf carts, 4 wheelers and the like are pretty handy to have there if anyone has to bring. If anyone from Florida is coming (that isn't towing a car) I've got a new Pace enclosed trailer with 3 good running Four Wheelers and 1 John Deer Gator that would all fit in the trailer I think. Everyone could use them. The house is in Bradenton. I could have the trailer delivered to you if you don't want to pick up. Tow one way and I can take it back.

The band Chicago is putting on a free concert at the show I saw on the events list.

MangoMike
07-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Official List

Let me know if you're a go or not so I can update Marland Felker.

Johnnie & Nancy

Larry & Sandy

Bill & Rita

Jeff Bayley

Dennis and Judy Foley

jonnie
07-20-2010, 09:14 AM
MM,
Nancy and I are IN. Please add another couple that plan to meet us there. Dennis and Judy Foley. 40 ft coach.

Kenj
07-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Unfortunately we cannot make it. Thanks for including us on the list and have fun. I have a friend who will be flying in his newly restored P51 Mustang.

James
07-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Mike,

Our summer home furnace replacement project here in Alaska has been delayed so we will probably not be there.

If something changes we'll let you know.

MangoMike
07-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Just received this email from the Felkers.

You folks are good to go, but be ready.

---------

Thanks Mike. Have a good year.

It is so wet around here - so much rain. EAA grounds are just about under water. At this time they aren't letting anymore campers on the grounds and we are suppose to get more rain tonight. Milwaukee - which is about 80 miles south of us got over 8 inches in a little over two hours last night. What a mess. Hope everyone brings their hip boots along. Have no idea what they are going to do for car parking.

Thanks for all your help and look forward to seeing all of you next year.

Pat & Mully

Coloradobus
07-17-2011, 08:43 AM
No one has mentioned a cost to park on the Felkers Farm. Is there a donation box of sorts? A Change in plans for us, WE may arrive in an Airstream similar to the firiends we are bringing with us. It would the maiden voyage for this new to us trailer.. We will be arrivning on Modnay the 24th after we tour the Harley musuem in Milwaukee.

truk4u
07-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Felkers will collect when you arrive- Cash

Coloradobus
07-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks truk, how much will it be so I can tell our friends? We may be Airstreaming it, since we don't have a working tow car presently. May not be enough time for its repair leaving in 4 days.

truk4u
07-17-2011, 09:02 PM
I don't remember, wasn't much maybe 25.00 per night.

jonnie
07-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Tommie Truk.

Just as a matter of logistics or housekeeping, the Foley's and Knollmaier's will not arrive until Sunday

truk4u
07-18-2011, 09:27 PM
OK big boy, see ya there!