PDA

View Full Version : What year?

gmcbuffalo
01-12-2010, 07:53 PM
What years did they dropped the turn signal lights high on the front under the windshields?
GregM

Jon Wehrenberg
01-13-2010, 07:48 AM
I don't know the year Greg, but it was when they went from the dual sealed beam lights to the Ford big single light. I'm guessing 91 or 92?

A lot of coaches with the sealed beam lights had their front ends changed to the Ford style lights so there are a lot of older XLs out there with the Ford lights.

FWIW, in 1987 which was the year the DDEC was first installed, early non DDEC chassis had round turn signal and tail lights. DDEC coaches were identified by having the square style turn signals and tail lights. That was a mid year change so some 87 coaches will have round and some square lights. I think the stacked tail lights like on the late 90's coaches were introduced when the Ford headlights were and usually owners changed the front lights and the rear tail light stacks.

Loc
01-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Greg,

I think that the 91 shells went to the single piece headlight and integrated turn signal (dropping the turn signals below the windsheild on the front). The 91 shells also went to the stacked taillights.

Loc

gmcbuffalo
01-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Thanks
GregM