PDA

View Full Version : POG 9 Buckhorn Lake Kerrville

Jim Skiff
01-12-2010, 01:54 PM
After looking at several centrally located RV Parks we have decided to return to Buckhorn for POG 9. The dates are October 8-14, 2010. Buckhorn got an overwhelming majority of votes from members at POG 8 and we can rest assured the facility, staff and food will be top notch.

We expect this to be another great POG and will have to work hard to top OKC.

I am currently working with Kathy Christiansen regarding costs.

Jim

dale farley
01-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Sounds good Jim.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Di and I are coming. Let us know the dates.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Di and I are coming. Let us know the dates.

Jon, your eye doctor is calling ? :D

"After looking at several centrally located RV Parks we have decided to return to Buckhorn for POG 9. The dates are October 8-14, 2010. Buckhorn got an overwhelming majority of votes from members at POG 8 and we can rest assured the facility, staff and food will be top notch.
We expect this to be another great POG and will have to work hard to top OKC.
I am currently working with Kathy Christiansen regarding costs."
Jim

Gary S.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
I gotta have them checked. Either the eyes are going or the ability to comprehend the written word is gone.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-12-2010, 02:19 PM
No problemo Jon, just funning with you.

Gary S.

merle&louise
01-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Buckhorn is fine with me; count on us to be there in October. We love the hill country of Texas.

The weather in October will be great:D

Good choice Skiff Man!

wayne
01-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Perfect!!
We'll be there too!!

just2
01-12-2010, 05:12 PM
We will be there with Bells on. Well Dani anyway (with Bells)!!!!!

pwf252
01-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Great, a short drive from Dallas. We are looking forward to it. We really enjoyed our first rally in OK and feel this one will be even better now that we know a few members.

hobobimmer
01-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Eric, Deb, Jay Faires yes.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

sticks
01-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Sounds great! Horse country and a chance to meet all of you.Sandy and I are looking forward to it!!

truk4u
01-12-2010, 08:11 PM
It will be a great Rally...

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think we should have more fun stuff and free time and a few less seminars.:eek:

Stay tuned..

Orren Zook
01-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah, what Truk said.......

rfoster
01-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah, what Truk and OZ said. Me and Micki are in.

Danss
01-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Dan & Jo are IN!

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-13-2010, 06:12 AM
Yeah what Truk said, we're in.

ajducote
01-13-2010, 06:41 AM
It will be a great Rally...

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think we should have more fun stuff and free time and a few less seminars.:eek:

Stay tuned..

Please keep in mind that new members / first time Rally attendees come to get schooled. Old timers do not have to go to every seminar or event. I was not able to get to every scheduled event at OKC, but I certainly enjoyed/benefited from everyone I did attend.

Maybe the schedule could be arranged to have events in the AM and every PM free?

We plan on attending also.

Top of my list:
United Engines
When we broke up into groups to tour OUR brand of coach. This was very helpful.
Everything thing else was great, but that was the 2 best for me as far as learning useful information.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-13-2010, 08:29 AM
I think the demographics of the attendees will define the agenda.

POG started out from the git-go as a group of owners who wanted to learn as much as possible about their coaches. I suspect a lot of the newer owners are POG members because they meet that description.

In our inventory of seminars which have been put on over the years we have ranged from basic brake operation all the way up to complex systems such as Hector's suspension program and Mango's Webasto program.

We have put on seminars at rallies attended by very few coaches and at rallies attended by many coaches. I don't know the best way to discern what rally attendees are looking for but while I certainly would enjoy a rally biased towards fun stuff I think we who have put on or attended seminars need to consider those still involved in the learning process.

I have been trying to get this to happen for a while, but I think we are at the point where if the attendance is high enough we should encourage the converters to have converter specific seminars. Perhaps set aside one day and have the experts who built the coaches teach about their electrical systems, their recommended house maintenance schedule, their plumbing systems, heating systems, etc. I feel strongly about this because each conversion has unique features and systems and the owners of those conversions need to understand them. We are finding this out thanks to Ed because he is explaining how Vantare for example has a unique electric distribution system via the inverters. This is critical stuff for owners to know.

michaeldterry
01-13-2010, 08:35 AM
As always - valuable input, Jon!

pwf252
01-13-2010, 08:38 AM
ya what Andre said. I enjoyed getting a little educated.

rmboies
01-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Hi everyone,

Speaking of dates, is there a reason we are having the "national" rallies the second week of October for two years in a row? Not that Bob and I have been able to make the past couple (we would have liked to, we miss ya'll) but the second week in October is always going to be a conflict for me. What happened to our Spring rallies? Kerrville was great the end of April? Just curious:D

Debi

bonhall41
01-13-2010, 09:10 AM
We're having a scheduling conflict also. We really enjoyed the POG rally in OKC but have tentative plans for the first two weeks of October. Not sure how this will all work out but we hate to miss either event.

Bonnie

Pete
01-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Pete & E.J. are in. We think Buckhorn in Kerrville is a great place for a rally.
The staff at Buckhorn understand what it takes to accommodate a group, such as ours. It is one of our favorite places.

GDeen
01-13-2010, 10:22 AM
I think the demographics of the attendees will define the agenda.

POG started out from the git-go as a group of owners who wanted to learn as much as possible about their coaches. I suspect a lot of the newer owners are POG members because they meet that description.

In our inventory of seminars which have been put on over the years we have ranged from basic brake operation all the way up to complex systems such as Hector's suspension program and Mango's Webasto program.

We have put on seminars at rallies attended by very few coaches and at rallies attended by many coaches. I don't know the best way to discern what rally attendees are looking for but while I certainly would enjoy a rally biased towards fun stuff I think we who have put on or attended seminars need to consider those still involved in the learning process.

I have been trying to get this to happen for a while, but I think we are at the point where if the attendance is high enough we should encourage the converters to have converter specific seminars. Perhaps set aside one day and have the experts who built the coaches teach about their electrical systems, their recommended house maintenance schedule, their plumbing systems, heating systems, etc. I feel strongly about this because each conversion has unique features and systems and the owners of those conversions need to understand them. We are finding this out thanks to Ed because he is explaining how Vantare for example has a unique electric distribution system via the inverters. This is critical stuff for owners to know.

This....and the other seminars. I will pay my money and even ensure I am in attendance this time.:rolleyes:

Many of us have lots to learn about our coaches and a nice mix of seminars and socializing would be great.

Loc
01-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Count me in. Although my attendance may be a deterent to others attending. Hey Patrick and Sherry try to stay a little longer this time.

Loc
01-13-2010, 11:05 AM
In speaking with Jim Skiff this morning, I mentioned the potential to attend a show at the Rock Box theater in Fredricksburg. I haven't attended a show, but have heard great things about it. They do shows on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights and Sunday afternoon.

Take a look at the website (there are clips of their shows). Here is the website http://www.rockboxtheater.com/ If there is interest we can get a group price.

Ray Davis
01-13-2010, 01:09 PM
A couple of thoughts for future rallies, as I assume this has been pretty much cast in stone already.

For those of us that still work full time there are a couple of things with the current type of scheduling which cause problems. I for example would like to minimize the days, while maximizing content.

For me, it would be best to travel on a weekend, and let the rallies start on Monday. I can generally take off in the afternoon on Friday, and by Sunday I can generally be anywhere in the middle of the country.

Starting on Friday means that I travel using vacation time, rather than weekend time. Or, I travel on previous weekend, and again use vacation sitting in rally location, prior to the rally.

Don't put free days IN the rally. Keep the rally itself compact, and activities every day. For those that want free time, they can come before, or after, and do the the free-time things.

By scheduling 1 or 2 days off in the middle of the rally, again I am using vacation time for that.

I know my situation may be unique, but the current mode of scheduling on Friday through the following Thursday, with free time inside causes me to have to take two weeks of vacation to attend. (I only get three per year)

If rallies started on Monday, ended Friday night (and didn't have dead space in the middle), I could use weekends to travel to and from the rally, and would only end up taking a single week of vacation.

Just food for thought.

Ray

mike kerley
01-13-2010, 01:42 PM
I agree with Ray's comments. Week days are also the best time to attempt to reserve large groups of lots in RV Parks, as many fill up on weekends, with many vacancies during the week. Some day I'll be retired, least that's what I keep telling myself....

michaeldterry
01-13-2010, 02:20 PM
I, too, agree with Ray's suggestions. While it doesn't affect me personally, it does affect my "co-pilot" (the bosswoman) - at least until we win big in the lottery and I can talk her into quitting that pesky job thing that provides a significant portion of our income. :rolleyes:

Darrell and Linda
01-13-2010, 07:48 PM
I get to run the wheels off...... 3,838 km...... see everyone there......

Jerry Winchester
01-13-2010, 10:09 PM
In the "You can't please all the people all the time" vein, the rally time was changed last year to accomodate folks who could only be off on or around the weekend and possibly tack a day before or a day after onto the trip.

When it was on the weekdays, there were the same kind of comments going the other way, so the first 7 times were during the week and the last time was over a weekend.

sticks
01-13-2010, 10:55 PM
I agree with Jon's input this AM. I'm a newbee and want to learn all I can about my coach. It would be great to have the the specific converters give seminars about their coaches. Hope Liberty would be receptive to this .

garyde
01-13-2010, 11:05 PM
If the economy doe'snt improve, I will have lots of free time! Ray is correct, it does mean two weeks for us on the west coast. About three days travel each direction.
The dates and place are set now so we will look forward to our time at the Rally.
The West Coasters are having a Rally in Feb. in LV so we will be having a rally of 20 or so Coaches. I suggest more of these rallly's to supplement the annual rally for those who can not make Texas.

parksincpp
01-14-2010, 01:14 AM
A couple of thoughts for future rallies, as I assume this has been pretty much cast in stone already.

For those of us that still work full time there are a couple of things with the current type of scheduling which cause problems. I for example would like to minimize the days, while maximizing content.

For me, it would be best to travel on a weekend, and let the rallies start on Monday. I can generally take off in the afternoon on Friday, and by Sunday I can generally be anywhere in the middle of the country.

Starting on Friday means that I travel using vacation time, rather than weekend time. Or, I travel on previous weekend, and again use vacation sitting in rally location, prior to the rally.

Don't put free days IN the rally. Keep the rally itself compact, and activities every day. For those that want free time, they can come before, or after, and do the the free-time things.

By scheduling 1 or 2 days off in the middle of the rally, again I am using vacation time for that.

I know my situation may be unique, but the current mode of scheduling on Friday through the following Thursday, with free time inside causes me to have to take two weeks of vacation to attend. (I only get three per year)

If rallies started on Monday, ended Friday night (and didn't have dead space in the middle), I could use weekends to travel to and from the rally, and would only end up taking a single week of vacation.

Just food for thought.

Ray

Your situation is the same as mine. I still work full time and have limited vacation days also. I agree with all of your suggestions.

grantracy
01-14-2010, 06:17 AM
We will plan to be there.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-14-2010, 08:17 AM
I just checked and I did not see anything in the rule book that says a rally has to have rigid start and end dates or a specific structure to the agenda.

Obviously certain rally activities are cast in stone. Auction night for example is a tradition that I think we can all agree is a must.

But is it possible or practical to split a rally into two distinct segments? What if the first half were intense instuctions? Perhaps two days of seminars from sun up to sun down. No half days, no open time, just non-stop learning sessions. Work. But at the end the attendees would know systems, and how what appears to be a complex product is really an assemblage of relatively simple independent systems and devices.

The remaining half could be entertainment. That half could have time set aside to visit the area points of interest, it could have opportunities for meet and greet, it could have time for socializing and fun.

In this way any member with a schedule conflict could arrive at the rally to take advantage of the part of the rally that suits their needs or meets their work schedule. Each succeeding rally would stay within the same days of the week, but the work portion and the fun portions would be flipped.

We will never be able to satisfy everyone's schedule or desires with respect to a rally, but at least 50% of the time the scheduling will work for those that still have jobs or businesses to run.

Just thinking out loud here.

jello_jeep
01-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Well, we still both work for a living as well, hopefully that will change someday to retired status and then it won't matter much where the rally is, it will be an excuse to turn some money into noise!

The timing is an issue for us though as it is impossible for us though for two reasons, one being (as others have mentioned) that it would be a two week run that would be hard to accommodate at the moment... The second is we have our yearly run into the High Sierras with a group we have been going with for years in the Sept/Oct span after school begins and the critters have vacated the mtns.

So at some point a springtime rally would be cool, especially if it were a bit closer.

Clearly we don't expect the schedule to revolve around us, as I am sure there are some really cool places on the right coast to visit.. And when retirement looms its head we will be in.. But for now :( And I am sure the non-retired Easterners are not exactly enthralled about driving clear out West where us normal people live, its a long way and I don't blame them!

Kind of like the idea of the Colorado run. I understand that some folks don't want to go because of the altitude, but in the same spirit there are a bunch of people who do want to go and at some point I think we should do it. We can always make skiffster truk in some O2 :)

So much for my ramblings, I will stop now b4 someone starts calling me Jeff B :) (Just kidding Jeff, miss your whacky posts like parking on the lawn at the whitehouse and stealing Jet-A from Marine One while at flight idle on the lawn.... Priceless ! :D

Ray Davis
01-14-2010, 04:55 PM
I hope that no-one misinterpreted my previous post as a complaint. It was intended to be merely food-for-thought. It was born out of my experience with the last rally. Indeed I went the rally, fully knowing it would take two weeks at a minimum. I had a great time, and I don't regret it at all. The rally was really fun.

But, as years move forward I certainly want to attend all the rallies, however I do have to weigh using 2/3 of my vacation time for that one event, when it would be possible to use less. One of the possibilities, as I think Jon mentioned, is that I could arrive late, or leave early? I'm still working on the possibilities.

I too (as with Jello) look forward to the time I am retired and can attend as much and as long as I want.

Ray

sticks
01-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Once again, I think Jon's solution to " academic" and social activities is very sound and workable.

garyde
01-14-2010, 11:00 PM
One of the reasons we had suggested different rally locations each year was to allow people from different regions the opportunity to attend a rally for the first time. That is why FMCA rotates their annual conventions around the country. It allows the group to grow and for new members to check it out.
In any organization like this, there are many retired members. They are the core group of the membership typically. But, we cannot sustain and grow POG without new members.
My bus is built to drive the miles, so travel isn't the issue. It really is about inclusive planning. Maybe POG is not large enough for two rally's a year . But because of that, many people can not attend.
It would be great to have a spring or summer rally sometime in the Mountain or western region.

Coloradobus
01-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Your right Gary,

We narrowly missed the OKC rally because of another rally engagement planned way in advance. We had to leave OKC early to make it to Ft Collins, Co on time.. We will have to miss the Kerrville Rally since it falls almost on the same dates (Oct 5-10) as our Airstream rally in Gallup.
A wandering venue is what the WBCCI (The main Airstream Club) does once a year for the big International Rally. Here are locations recently & always held June 28th-July 4th
2003- Vermont
2004-Lansing Michigan
2005-springfield, Missouri
2006-Salem, Oregon
2007-Perry, Georgia
2008-Bozeman, Mt
2009-Madison, Wisc
2010- Gillette wyo. Coming next

You get the idea. I am just making a suggestion like you have made,Gary. Our coaches were built to roll. There are plenty of nice locations in the middle of the country and on the end coasts.
Door County, Wisc.
Leelanau Pennisula Michigan-Traverse City
Petoskey Mich has a wonderful RV resort
Flathead Lake Montana
Ft Collins,co KOA- we've held several airstream rallies there, and after OKC, we drove the bus as an undercover airstream:D
Danforth Bay, New Hampshire is a huge lovely resort.
Scarborugh, Me, Bar Harbour Camping Resort, right in Skiffy's backyard-We could come to him instead.
Oak Plantation Rv Resort, Charleston, South Carolina.

Heck, Marathon is having a rally at Ft Wilderness, Disney, Fla
American Way RV Park, Albuquerque
Our options were huge, but Kerrville is 2010.

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Your right Gary, Chris and I LOVE a Road Trip.!!

We narrowly missed the OKC rally because of another rally engagement planned way in advance. We had to leave OKC early to make it to Ft Collins, Co on time.. We will have to miss the Kerrville Rally since it falls almost on the same dates (Oct 5-10) as our Airstream rally in Gallup.
A wandering venue is what the WBCCI (The main Airstream Club) does once a year for the big International Rally. this idea draws new faces to the rally each year as well as the veteran rally goers. Here are locations recently & always held June 28th-July 4th
2003- Vermont
2004-Lansing Michigan
2005-springfield, Missouri
2006-Salem, Oregon
2007-Perry, Georgia
2008-Bozeman, Mt
2009-Madison, Wisc
2010- Gillette wyo. Coming next

You get the idea. I am just making a suggestion like you have made. Our coaches were built to roll. There are plenty of nice locations in the middle of the country and on the end coasts. None of the below listed locations require additional O2. Some of these locations we mentioned at OKC, but a Kerrville mindset was entrenched.
1)Door County, Wisc.
2)Leelanau Pennisula Michigan-Traverse City
3)Petoskey Mich has a wonderful RV resort
4)Flathead Lake Montana
5)Ft Collins,co KOA- we've held several airstream rallies there, and after OKC, we drove the bus as an undercover airstream:D
6)Danforth Bay, New Hampshire is a huge lovely resort.
7)Scarborugh, Me, Bar Harbour Camping Resort, right in Skiffy's backyard-We could come to him instead.
8)Oak Plantation Rv Resort, Charleston, South Carolina.
9)American Way Rv park, Albuqureque
Heck, Marathon is having a rally at Ft Wilderness, Disney, Fla

Our options are huge! Kerrville 2010!.

Jim's list is very appealing, I think it would be appropriate and wise to set dates and a couple tentative locations right now for 2011.

My vote for Maine or New Hampshire for a lobster fest, Spring or Fall 2011.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-15-2010, 07:46 AM
We were doing two POG rallies a year. For whatever reason that was reduced to one.

We currently do "unofficial" mini rallies whenever the mood strikes us. All it takes to have a rally is for anyone, anywhere post that we should have a get together someplace and folks will sign on and show up.

The difference is in rally content. Mini rallies often do not have a structured agenda, whereas the Skiffer planned rallies will have not only an agenda, but display coaches and some suppliers participating. That appeared to be the biggest reason to have a large centrally located rally each year because the converters and suppliers cannot justify the cost of attending multiple rallies.

Maybe we should revisit the concept of multiple rallies, even if it means we forego having some converter participation and fewer coaches. Our buses are made to travel and exercising them is good for them. The number of places we could go to is endless and I for one would welcome the opportunity to go anywhere. BTW, time is as important to me as it is to others, but I think if we know far enough in advance we can adjust our schedule.

Jerry Winchester
01-15-2010, 03:39 PM
I guess for the new guys and for the old guys who can't seem to remember crap, let's go over this from our previous threads and rally meetings.

When we did multiple rallies in all kinds of areas, the attendance was low to poor (especially the ones that were way west and north) and there was little technical help or converter interest.

Nobody wanted to do a summer rally; too many folks on vacation, kids to deal with, RV park demand was great and the central part of the country could be hot. Way hot.

SO after lots of gnashing of teeth and hang wringing, we settled on trying to do one large gathering a year in a place central enough for the majority of the folks to attend. If you truly balanced this by geography, the center of the POG world would be somewhere in Arkansas or northern Louisiana.

But the alternative thought was to encourage folks to get together as they saw fit (AirVenture, Oysterfest, Fat Beagle, etc) and then try to really build some excitement around a large annual bash that would get good participation from the POG folks as well as the converters / suppliers / sponsors. While I see everyone's piss getting hot for something "new", what is really being suggested is the "old" way we did it from the beginning and experience says there is not enough support for two big sponsored rallies a year. Especially in this economy.

Lastly, if you think planning for, arranging and hosting a large annual rally is a layup, I would suggest you wade off into it with your eyes wide open. Now if you want to just all show up and camp together, then there is not much required. In fact, I would encourage a NOOB rally that is similar to POG 1 with just first timers there cuz I think until folks actually experience this, it is unlikely that we won't have this same conversation annually.

JDUB

Jon Wehrenberg
01-15-2010, 07:03 PM
For the NOOBs that want to learn, and for old folks that want to go to rallies, there is no reason for a spontaneous gathering of POG members to not have a little bit of an agenda.

Oysterfest has no agenda, and when I have gone I wanted it that way because all I wanted to do was eat an oyster or two. But there is no reason why a small gathering like that cannot have some technical content. All it takes is someone to express and interest and others to join in to lead a discussion or a seminar.

This group has developed a substantial depth of knowledge and I think it would be a rare gathering that did not have people willing and capable of helping new owners learn or understand some of the systems or devices on the coaches.

Jerry is correct in that putting together a 60 to 80 coach rally is not a walk in the park. The effort that takes place behind the scenes is extensive so unless someone is willing to undertake that task for mini rallies they are going to be mostly unstructured, with no agendas and no schedules.

truk4u
01-16-2010, 11:09 AM
The idea of two major rally's didn't work, we tried it and at the time the general consensus was to move toward mini's with one big one annually. It's not as easy as you may think to find a place with the best central location that can handle 60 - 80 buses that are power hogs as well as have the meeting facility, catering capabilities and surrounding fun places to suit everyone.

I think we create enough mini rallys that should fill everyone's needs at getting together over the year and then head to the Annual Rally if you can make it. The NOOB's shouldn't have any problem hooking up with plenty of Poggers during the year. As an example, here's a few mini's in the works and it's only January:

Las Vegas in February
Port St Lucie, FL in February
Mobile, AL in March
Oshkosh, WI in July
Bar Harbour, ME this summer

Also, I haven't been to a mini rally yet that didn't turn into some form of maintenance, wrench turning, fixing, discussing bus issues, tool buying and helping others with problems. These are great places for Noob's and I hope to meet many of you.

phorner
01-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Tom and Jon's comments are right on.

I would encourage anyone new to POG to take advantage of a mini-rally.

Although they tend to be primarily focused on socializing, there are ample opportunities to have some questions answered and even an occasional wrench turned.

In fact, I'm saving all my maintenance 'till Truk lands in PSL :p

Loc
01-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Truk,

Don't forget two more:

1) Fat Beagle 4-Wheeling - Durango Colorado - Alpen Rose - 1st week of August - driving the 4WD trails around Ouray, Silverton and Telluride; and
2) 4th Annual Fat Beagle - Buckhorn - Labor Day weekend

Jon Wehrenberg
01-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Having dealt with most of the complexities of our coaches and been involved in maintaining one without sending it to Prevost or a converter I know there are three major areas a new owner should understand. I am not talking about acquiring skill levels necessary to turn the wrenches necessarily, but enough knowledge to enable the owner to manage the repairs and not become a victim of outrageous prices.

The three are the brake system, the suspension system and the electrical systems (house and bus).

There are other things to learn, but within the three areas above will be the items most often in need of maintenance and repair, or which have the greatest potential to allow someone to vacuum the Benjamins from your wallet.

In one or two hours for each a person can have a relatively good understanding of each system and at least have a clue about how to handle the various repairs or maintenance items.

If newbies are going to a mini-rally those are the topics they should seek to understand from the "veterans".

Richard Barnes
01-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Count the lovely Mrs. Barnes and me in. We're looking forward to it!:D

garyde
01-16-2010, 09:42 PM
No matter what, I think this conversation will come up every year. It's POG's nature. In order to plan ahead for 2011, how about a group of selected people work with Skip to find a site early on. And 2012 for that matter. I would be happy to help.

Darrell and Linda
01-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Silly question: As one of the new guys on he block, I'm must be missing something here. I don't see any dates indicating the ralley dates / locations on the calender link....... or is there a list located somewhere else.

It would be nice to know... example: We want to book a flight to Vegas in February to have a chance to meet the attending POG members at the mini ralley. I won't be digging the coach out storage until March.

truk4u
01-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Darrell,

I updated the Calendar, but like anything else in this very organized group of misfits, dates are subject to change, so check the threads.

Darrell and Linda
01-17-2010, 11:49 AM
I find glancing at the calender works very well for me and I assume others.

Truk, I can understand how it can be frustrating at times... your work is very much appreciated. I didn't realise it was only one person that updates the calender. Tough job for one person to keep track of all the rally threads. I thought the individuals / group that initiated the rally booked the calender.:rolleyes:

I would be glad to help out where I can.

truk4u
01-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Darrell,

Thanks for kudo's, but it's not my job, I just did it to remind Jon of the events so he doesn't end up in Kerrville in March and Mobile in October, his memory isn't what it used to be.:p

Anyone can update it, I did a few times last year just for fun. I do like the 12 month annual view, it's a quick way to see what's going on for the whole year. I didn't do anything for the Lobsta deal, since the dates are still up in the air.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-18-2010, 07:28 AM
I didn't know we had a calendar. The only thing I click on up there on the blue line is new posts.

GDeen
03-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Jennifer and I are in Jim....thanks!

bonhall41
03-09-2010, 04:31 PM
We have changed our plans and will be in Kerrville. Do we need to go ahead and make reservations or what???

Jim Skiff
03-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Bonnie,

No. I am working with Kathy Christiansen at Buckhorn on catering and as we do on all national rallies we will have an online registration that includes parking and meals.

I hope you and Don can make it to Maine this summer. It will be fun.

Jim

GSwaim
05-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Jim,

Karen and I have changed our travel plans and can come to the POG 9 rally in Keerville. This will be our first POG rally with a bus, if you remember we had an 2008 Navigator during the OKC rally and you graciously invited us to come see the POGs. We had a great time and met some of the nicest bus owners during that time. We now have our bus and are excited to be coming as a memebr with a bus. If we can help out in any way let us know. I can even offer to do a seminar on all types of mobile electronics since I own a company that specializes in Sateliite, and cellular connection for the folks on the move. please let us know.

Bill Price
05-25-2010, 06:50 AM
Buckhorn in Kerrville is a great place! We spent Thanksgiving there last year and had a great time. My question is why return time after time? There are other places that could handel this group. Yes, I know we have never attended a POG Rally and have NO voice nor credibility.

Again I sugguest you consider Mill Creek Ranch Resort in Canton, Texas; East of Dallas. It is now rated 10/10/10

Now for a new one to open this Spring:

Coyote Ranch Resort near Wichita Falls, Texas

The same people who designed Mill Creek designed this new Wichita Falls Park. These are top notch facilities!!

WE are looking forward to and do plan to attend the POG Rally this fall in Kerrville.

GSwaim
05-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Jim,

Is there something I have to do to register for the POG 9 rally? being new to the group I have no idea how your registration works. please advise.

dale farley
05-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Gary,

Jim will put out the particulars when everything is in place, and at that time, we will send our money to him.

GSwaim
05-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks Roadrunner, As a new guy I was thinking I had missed the boat.

Jerry Winchester
06-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Bill,

I actually went over to Mill Creek and stayed two days on a test run for POG 9 right after Christmas. While the space was adequate, we had several glitches. First, it's a dry county and we would have to run all the adult beverages thru the park with it all served in their facility. Second, we couldn't stay on any dates that were near the Trades Day weekend as they are booked up way in advance. And lastly it was going to be tight for 200+ people in their clubhouse which is about the right number for 90 coaches.

It was a nice place and we were looking for something around DFW, but it's slim pickins for a place that can easily handle that many 45'ers on 50 amp power. And I while I am admittedly not much of a drinker, I would have never lived down the dry county issue.

JDUB

Bill Price
06-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Jerry:

I understand. No problem. We plan to attend the Kerrville function this Fall. When the new Wichita Falls park opens I will check it out and report There is nothing nice there present time. Buckhorn in Kerrville is one of the nicest around in this part of the US.
Another great place is Roadrunner Rv Resort in Red River, New Mexico. COOL weather in the summer.

Jim Skiff
06-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Registration for Buckhorn 2010 is going up tomorrow. Let's make this the biggest and best POG Rally ever!

Jim

Jim Skiff
06-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Click here to register for POG 9 in Kerrville,Texas October 8-14, 2010! (http://www.prevost-stuff.com/pog_9_registration_october_8.htm)

Gary Carmichael
06-21-2010, 08:21 PM
John I am with you on the three things new owners need to know more about on the buses Brakes, suspension, house electrical. Megan and I are trying to clear some things so we can attend look forward to the seminars and meeting everyone, October is leaf season here on the blue ridge but may have to miss it this year. We will winter at riverbend fla Dec till April.

Bill Price
07-29-2010, 06:43 AM
Jim:

We are good to go for Kerrville. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Also I sent you a check yesterday for another year of POG.

Thanks

HarborBus
07-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Evy and I will be there and we're looking forward to putting faces to the names. Just paid using PayPal.

SteveCooper
08-02-2010, 07:03 PM
I am so there

flloyd
08-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Robin and I just signed up. We'll be there!

We'll be showing off our amateur radio setup and how it can be used to supplement communications aboard your land yacht.

bonhall41
08-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Donald and I just signed up for Kerrville. Have been traveling and let it slip. We're looking forward to seeing everyone again in October. We'll be in touch soon.
Bonnie

Danss
08-04-2010, 07:24 PM
We are signed up! Dan & Jo

merle&louise
08-04-2010, 07:46 PM
I would like to go to Kerrville, but I don't have any money left from the Alaska trip. We'll have enough to get home, but then we need to start eating beans!

Does anyone have a good receipe for bean soup?

Jon Wehrenberg
08-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Kind of creating your own stimulus program if you get my drift, right Tuga?

Woody
08-04-2010, 08:10 PM
I would like to go to Kerrville, but I don't have any money left from the Alaska trip. We'll have enough to get home, but then we need to start eating beans!

Does anyone have a good receipe for bean soup?

Add beans to boiling water and boil until tender enough. Add one whole lobster, after it has finshed the beans eat the lobster. Save the water for tomorrows soup.

Mark3101
08-07-2010, 12:24 PM
We are thinking about going, but I don't think we can do all of the scheduled days. Can one show up later and or leave earlier than the posted dates? I think we could do three or maybe four days at most.

So, is this possible?

Jim Skiff
08-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Mark,

It is definately possible. Just let me know what days and I will give you a discounted price.

Jim

Mark3101
08-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Mark,

It is definately possible. Just let me know what days and I will give you a discounted price.

Jim

Thanks Jim, but it appears our schedule just won't work this year after all. We hope to be able to attend next years rally.

Thanks again,

Mark

SteveCooper
08-16-2010, 09:57 PM
What's the latest count on the rally? Did my PayPal a few weeks back but never heard anything. Guess I'm good?

Yankee802
08-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Whatever it is, +1 :) (or 2, if you count my wife)

aggies09
08-18-2010, 10:03 PM
We are in. We will have to bug out early and leave on the 11th, but didn't want to miss seeing all of you. See you soon. Skiffer.......sent the Paypal a few minutes ago.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
08-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Jim, Ed & I are coming. Sent $ today to you. Didn't see where there is a form to fill out.
Sandy

Seabyrd
08-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah... that sounds like fun... we'll go !!

Jim Skiff
08-27-2010, 05:04 PM
POG IX is shaping up to be another great event. We will welcome many new people as well as the cast of characters that has kept this thing together for so long.
That includes everyone, as we know that no one stands idle at these events. I was reflecting back today at our last event at Buckhorn when Mango, Jerry and Truk put on the best entertainment we have ever had with Diet Coke and Mentos.

Think about the work the California group put in before the Charity Auction. We were shocked at the numbers but they kept on cookin with no regrets! Jello,Mike,Ken,Ray,Kelly Jo, Janet, Jean,Kathy, Harry, Shirley, and everyone else. Manod did do some supervising. Please spank me if I forgot someone. Some of these folks said they would never do it again (Ken) yet they are always there to help out! ALWAYS!

So we go into POG 9 excited about the fun we will have and what we will learn from each other and our sponsors. Buckhorn was chosen because of the quality of the resort and the quality of the staff and the food.

As usual, everyone is welcome!

Sponsors so far include Panterra Coach, Liberty Coach, Ken Robertson as Luxury Coach Brokers, Excalibur Coach, Coach Worx, Prevost, Hearthside Grove and California Coach Company.

Ray Davis
08-27-2010, 06:50 PM
OK, we're in. Just paid via Pay Pal

campers
08-28-2010, 12:37 PM
We are in too.
Is there a list, like last year, showing who signed up for this event?

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Over the years there have been quite a few POG rallies, the long time members know what to expect. I am thinking there are many new members going to the Kerrville that are wondering what will be taking place.
It is my opinion that as there are more and more new members it becomes more and more difficult to have activities and events that are both appealing to new and old POGers.

I would like to suggest that anyone with ideas about what they would like to see experience or participate in at the Kerrville rally post their ideas and expectations here.

After the rally is not the time to wine or complain that there was too much tech talk or too much social time.

Guys ask your wives what they would like for activities etc..........

One thing I know for sure there will be a good time had by all. Putting a face and voice with expression to the pseudonyms of the forum is an exciting thing.

JIM:)

HarborBus
08-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Good post Jim, this will be a first for Evy and I so I'll put my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with. I know it will be fun to put a face with all the names I've become familiar with from the forum over the last year.

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Skeet shooting and sporting calys have been fun activities for quite a few at past rallies.

I found a club on the web that is about 10 miles from Buckhorn. Their web site states they are public and private. That's all I know at this time. Sometimes clubs hold matches and special events that would close their facility to outsiders. I do not know if they are willing to host us? If there is enough interest I will look into a shoot for our group and we can discuss it more then.

Anyone interested in participating please speak up. If you have a preference for either skeet or sporting clays let me know that too. This is a fun event and you do not have to be an expert. If I do not see a show of interest I will not call the club.

Ladies welcome as well as novice and pro. These are fun events and are an enjoyable way to get to know each other on a one on one basis.

Here is a link to the club. If anyone knows of a better place, speak up.

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/1766

JIM

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-29-2010, 10:02 PM
I am not a computer expert but I have figured out how to post a picture on POG.

I will show anyone at the rally on a one on one basis how I do it. You must have a windows operating system, a laptop with pictures in memory and be able to access the internet at the rally.

I probably have enough stamina and fortitude to handle 6 demos. :eek::p

Maybe others will also gather to answer questions about posting and the forum. Rather a general computer session.

Just an Idea

JIM:cool:

charlesebrownjr
08-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Have not done sporting clays yet, but would like to try. Have shot plenty of sheet and trap and would like to do that as well. Also, as a CC owner, I do not have copper plumbing pipes but if the Liberty guys give a forum on unclogging pipes, I'm in there:D

LarryB
08-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Bus Weighing would be good. Speaking for myself, I would like individual wheel weights rather than axle weights.

Skiff may have someone working on this project.

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-30-2010, 06:29 AM
Bus Weighing would be good. Speaking for myself, I would like individual wheel weights rather than axle weights.

Skiff may have someone working on this project.

Skiffer, I would also like a session on coach weighing at the Rally if possible.

It is difficult if not impossible to get independent weights for all positions at a truck stop.

JIM

Jim Skiff
08-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Jim,

I have had two calls to them over the last month or so. No reply yet. I will try again soon. After to talking we JDUB I think we can expect 25-30 (maybe more) for this activity.
There is another place called Buck and Bull Club, Inc., 513 Spur 100, POB 182, Kerrville, TX 78028 that I will be contacting today to see if I get a better response.

Do you want to get a list together? 1 for spoting clays and the other for pistols? Thanks Jim.

Jim

Jim Skiff
08-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Jim,

Larry Beer has been in contact with me about weigh ins. There is a company that does it for a fee, but we are trying to see if someone has an in with the state to get some of their guys and gals out there.

Jim

JIM KELLER
08-30-2010, 09:46 AM
I consider myself computer challenged. I would like to attend a class or seminar. I cannot post a picture, find smell check, etc.

Jim Skiff
08-30-2010, 01:22 PM
POG 9 - List 1

Here is a list of who is registered for POG IX. Some on the list are checking out POG and want to see what our rallies are like. If you
don't see your name on the list and think you have registrered, please let me know. Also, some profiles don't include spouses names. Please let me know so I can fill that information in.

<TABLE dir=ltr border=1 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=12 width=179><TBODY><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Roger & Micki Foster

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Andre & Ann Ducote

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Miles & Laura Circo

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Jim & Barbara Chaloupka

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Darrell & Linda Fleming

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=19 vAlign=top>Eric & Debbie Faires

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Gordon & Jennifer Dean

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Alan & Mary Kay Hann

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>L.J. & Vi Verderber

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Larry & Teddy Beer

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Ron & Suzie Hampton

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Gary & Karen Swaim

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Fred & Betty Seigrist

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Richard & Patty Warren

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Wayne & Jill Frazior

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Ken & Janet Zittrer

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Bill & Debra Price

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Patrick & Sherry Fix

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Elliott & Evy McLeod

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Ron & Bergeron

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Jim & Karen Keller

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Jon & Diane Wehrenberg

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Pete & E.J. Petree

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Kevin Erion

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Al & Mary Ellen Hermann

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Farnk & Sue Malek

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Rayford & Betsy Reese

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Loc McNew

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Dan & Jo Smith

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Stephen Cooper

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Fred & Robin Lloyd

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Bonnie & Donald Hall

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Charles Brown Jr.

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Jerry & Judy Beaird

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Gary & Dani Moss

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=38 vAlign=top>Granvil Tracy & Kim Hooper

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Jerry & Rae Winchester

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Geoff & Tonya Murphy

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Tony & Jenny Conder

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Charles & Barb Spera

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Wil & Antoinette Hartsuiker

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>John & Bren Jackson

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Les & Lagerquist

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Richard & Barbara Beecher

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Ray & Kathy Davis

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Dale & Paulette Farley

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Liberty Coach

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Panterra Coach

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Extreme Paint & Graphics

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>California Coach Company

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Excalibur Coach

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Luxury Coach Brokers

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Larry & Diane Byrd

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Prevost

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Ed & Sandy Brockman

Jim Skiff
08-31-2010, 07:32 AM
We'll update the list as we add more folks.

Coloradobus
08-31-2010, 08:48 AM
JIM,

We are coming with the Siegrists and wil want to park next to them Fred's wife is Betty

Bill Price
08-31-2010, 09:10 AM
Jim:

That should read Bill and Debra Price.

Thanks

circlej
08-31-2010, 09:24 AM
Jim:

Update to our info, John & Bren Jackson

Thanks

Jim Skiff
08-31-2010, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the updates everyone!

rfoster
08-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Mr. Skiff: Glad to see you have the "pecking order" right.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Are you suggesting you are the head pecker??????

Jim Skiff
09-01-2010, 09:17 AM
POG IX Updated List

<TABLE dir=ltr border=1 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=12 width=189><TBODY><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Roger & Micki Foster

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=38 vAlign=top>Darrell & Linda Fleming

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=19 vAlign=top>Eric & Debbie Faires

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=38 vAlign=top>Richard & Patty Warren

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Granvil Tracy & Kim Hooper

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=38 vAlign=top>Jerry & Rae Winchester

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Les & Lagerquist

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Ray & Kathy Davis

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Xtreme Paint & Graphics

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=38 vAlign=top>Ed & Sandy Brockman

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Tuga & Karen Gaidry

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Jim Lane & Chris Hildenbrand

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Ken & Gwen Brewer

Richard Barnes
09-01-2010, 01:24 PM
We're terribly disappointed but we won't be able to attend this year. You guys have a great rally.

Coloradobus
09-03-2010, 08:54 AM
JIM,. A slight correction if you will. Chris' last name is spelled with an "N" in the middle. HIL DEN BRAND. THAnks

And REMEMBER< for me NO DAIRY, that's no cheese, milk, sour cream, cream sauce etc, yogurt, and Dainy protein. BUTTER is AOK, it has no dairy protein in it, its just FAT. In processed food "WHEY is AOK too, its cooked to death.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Jim,

Why don't you want a DIARY? Don't you want to keep track of things?

I love DAIRY products. Can I have yours?

If it is any consolation my brain and my fingers are no longer connected and I spend most of my time reversing letters in words when I type a post. Welcome to my world.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-03-2010, 03:19 PM
JIM,. A slight correction if you will. Chris' last name is spelled with an "N" in the middle. HIL DEN BRAND. THAnks

And REMEMBER< for me NO DIARY, that's no cheese, milk, sour cream, cream sauce etc, yogurt, and Diany protein. BUTTER is AOK, it has no diary protein in it, its just FAT. In processed food "WHEY is AOK too, its cooked to death.

Where's Lew when you need him? :p:p

jim :D

truk4u
09-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Jim,

I don't get the connection of Diary and food products, but I'm from Georgia!!:p:o:)

Are you hitten the squeezins hard?:rolleyes:

Coloradobus
09-04-2010, 12:41 AM
JON< I edited my spell error., Yes, I have been known to be one big disconnection. Its that dyslexia thing.;) YOu bet JON, you can have my D.A.I.R.Y products. Soy ice cream ain't bad, but Tom the "Sqeezins" maybe better. But a 1/2 glass of wine and my nose will spin.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-04-2010, 06:50 AM
Jim,

This is a tough crowd and apparently no one is immune to the abuse. Glad to see you "eidited" the spell error.

Just picking up where Lew left off.

Coloradobus
09-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Ah Jon, just fixed 2 more spelling errors, beat ya to it:D

Jim Skiff
09-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Updated POG IX list:

<TABLE dir=ltr border=1 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=12 width=189><TBODY><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Roger & Micki Foster

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Darrell & Linda Fleming

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Eric & Debbie Faires

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Richard & Addy Warren

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Granvil Tracy & Kim Hooper

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Jerry & Rae Winchester

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Les & Lana Lagerquist

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=21 vAlign=top>Ray & Kathy Davis

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Xtreme Paint & Graphics

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Ed & Sandy Brockman

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Tuga & Karen Gaidry

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Jim Lane & Chris Hildebrand

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Ken & Gwen Brewer

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Bill & Kathy Meierhoefer

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Gary & Peggy Stevens

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Tom & Nancy Chilcote*

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22 vAlign=top>Reagan & Betty Sirmons*

Wayne Moreau
Bill Bunch & Rita Creel

SteveCooper
09-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Sure hope the guys at Buckhorn didn't have any flooding yesterday with all that rain. I can just see them down in the base of that canyon and the rain funneling to the creek. Any word?

ajducote
09-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Steve,

I am at Buckhorn. No problems from the rain, at least not yet.

flloyd
09-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Skiffer,

I have a suggestion. When you have any new announcements regarding POG-9, why not start a new thread? This way, they come to the top of the article listing.

I don't follow this particular thread on a daily basis and some things, like your attendance list, I might have missed. If it had been its own thread, however, I would have noticed it immediately.

Just a suggestion....

-fred

Jim Skiff
09-09-2010, 05:21 PM
POG IX attendees! Please respond to the recent email about details for the rally!
We need the info to order T-shirts and get the spots filled!

Jim

wayne
09-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Skiff....we did not receive an email....could you please re-send?
thanks.

wjfrazior@hotmail.com

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
09-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Neither did we receive an e-mail. Maybe the National "Virus" got them.
Sandy

Coloradobus
09-15-2010, 03:16 PM
HEY LOC.

Should we bring the Jeep Wrangler to 4X4 in ? OR will it be safe enough not to scratch the Lexus?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Jim you better bring the Jeep. It could never be safe enough 4 x 4ing in a Lexus. It just wouldn't be right....:D

Gary S.

Coloradobus
09-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Gary "Suppose you right, but in the LX-470 "weed" be stylin' thru the brush!

Seabyrd
09-16-2010, 10:24 PM
We didn't get an email either ?
Diane

Yankee802
09-16-2010, 11:48 PM
No email here either.

I'll be bringing my shotgun, (well the whole armory actually) so I'm game for any shooting.

I'd like to be parked next to the oldest coaches, so mine wont feel the need to baby sit the young'ins. :)

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
09-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Is it known as of yet, Who the Charity Auction will benefit?
Sandy

Jim Skiff
09-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Sandy,

We have not decided but are narrowing it down. Something for the troops and something for the children.

Jim

Jim Skiff
09-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Sandy,

One of our beneficiaries will be Soldier's Angels. Ray and Kathy Davis recommended this group who do great things for our troops.

Jim

ajducote
09-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Jim,

For your consideration for the charity auction.

The ladies of the Titusville, FL chapter of the American Sewing Guild make about 500 pillow covers a month in support of the "Give the Kids the World" organization.

Please see this link for details on "Give the Kids the World". www.gktw.org

The ladies use donations to buy materials and they donate their time to sew up the pillow covers.

The "Give the Kids the World" supports sick children from all over the US.

The ladies who do the sewing really appreciate any donation that they get. IF we could set aside a small percentage of the charity auction that would be great.

I will bring a binder full of information to the rally.

Thanks

Jim Skiff
09-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Andre,

Is there a local affiliate or rep. that would be able to accept a donation?

Jim

GSwaim
09-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Jim,

Being a newbie to a POG Rally, is there or will there be an agenda or schedule. If so where does one get one?

HarborBus
09-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Karen & Gary, here you go: http://www.prevost-stuff.com/pog_9_registration_october_8.htm

GSwaim
09-26-2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks Harborbus, I signed up very early for the POG 9 rally so there was no aganeda attached to the registration when I processed my application. I think that's a great place to post the agenda for the folks that are new to POG and thinking of attending a rally but I would also think that the agenda would be a post on the forum under the events section of the POG website for anyone that was curious to view. Anyhow, thanks for the link, I know know what to expect at POG 9, CYA there.

ajducote
09-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Andre,

Is there a local affiliate or rep. that would be able to accept a donation?

Jim

Jim,

Ann is a member of the Titusville, FL chapter of the American Sewing Guild and could accept the donation then present it to the members when we get back to Titusville after the rally.

truk4u
09-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Go to the top of this page, click Home, click Rally Info then click Kerrville and the Rally Agenda is there.

GSwaim
09-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Thanks Truk4u,

I have went there in the past looking for the info but hadn't clicked on the link for kerrville before. So many links so little time :o

Yankee802
10-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Ok, here is a question for all. I normally hang out on channel 19 when on the road to listen to the truckers, and it being the 'main' channel. Is there another channel people use, or a 'Prevost' channel? :)

James
10-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Ok, here is a question for all. I normally hang out on channel 19 when on the road to listen to the truckers, and it being the 'main' channel. Is there another channel people use, or a 'Prevost' channel? :)

The Marathon channel is 26 but don't tell the Liberty people.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Channel 19 just because the truckers use it. There have been many times I have had an alert about accidents or traffic stops ahead that allowed me to take a quick look at a map and jump onto an alternate route. I had a trucker tell me I was on fire because I monitored channel 19. If I am running with another coach we may decide to remain on 19 or may selct an alternate channel, but when alone I am always on 19.

I really dislike the language and the idiotic remarks, but having the ability to get advance notice of what's ahead, or to have someone communicate something important to me outweighs the downside. Maybe because I have been a pilot I can literally tune out most of the negative stuff like language and dumb remarks, but I am on full alert as soon as I hear "stagecoach" or "motorhome" or Prevost on the CB.

Yankee802
10-04-2010, 01:55 PM
My sentiments exactly! Think I'll stay on 19. :)

Kenneth Brewer
10-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Channel 19 just because the truckers use it. There have been many times I have had an alert about accidents or traffic stops ahead that allowed me to take a quick look at a map and jump onto an alternate route. I had a trucker tell me I was on fire because I monitored channel 19. If I am running with another coach we may decide to remain on 19 or may selct an alternate channel, but when alone I am always on 19.

I really dislike the language and the idiotic remarks, but having the ability to get advance notice of what's ahead, or to have someone communicate something important to me outweighs the downside. Maybe because I have been a pilot I can literally tune out most of the negative stuff like language and dumb remarks, but I am on full alert as soon as I hear "stagecoach" or "motorhome" or Prevost on the CB.

Ditto here. You may recall my story about leaking diesel fuel on the NY side of the GW bridge approach. Fortunately I was tuned to 19.

JIM KELLER
10-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Is there any interest in a computer class at POG IX ? I am computer challenged and would like to learn more about how to navigate on this Forum and post a picture. If someone would hold a class we could take our laptops to a central location and learn .

Also how to use " Speel Chick. "

pwf252
10-06-2010, 08:29 AM
I would attend that class if given.

Jim Skiff
10-06-2010, 07:06 PM
When the board gets quiet..........you know they are on their way.

dale farley
10-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Jim K., If no one volunteers to hold a class, I'll show you how to post pictures.

JIM KELLER
10-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Thanks Dale.

GDeen
10-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Will you show me how to replace an XL windshield??

ToyMan
10-07-2010, 09:40 PM
I could use that tutorial also.

dale farley
10-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Gordon/Ron, There should be someone here to show you how to replace the windshield. We've had demonstrations at previous rallies as to how to do the replacement.

Jim Skiff
10-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Early Friday Morning

CCMH
10-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Love seeing these pictures! Please post more??

bonhall41
10-08-2010, 03:18 PM
I see the sheep have not yet arrived.

Jim Skiff
10-12-2010, 06:33 PM
7425742474237422742174207419More pictures from Kerrville.

Jim Skiff
10-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Andre