PDA

View Full Version : Pro Drivers

gmcbuffalo
01-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Are Prodrivers specific to Year, engine type or transmission type? I saw that ProDriver on the crashed bus for sale and was wondering if would work in my '91, 8v92?
GregM

Ray Davis
01-04-2010, 05:33 PM
It probably should. I would be a bit wary of one that was older working on a new coach, however. The prodrivers are updated to handle the newest DDEC version at the time they are built. A newer one will probably work fine with an 8V92, but having never tried that I can't say with certainty.

Ken Z. picked up one (I think off of Ebay), and it worked on his '95 coach, just fine.

Ray

Jim Skiff
02-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Jim Shoen has put the Detroit Diesel ProDriver in PDF for us.
You can go to the Information Sharing (http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/articles/index.cfm?fuseaction=articles.view&id=3025) page to access it.

Thanks Jim

jimshoen
02-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks to Lonesome George for sending me his ProDriver manual.
I copied it, scanned it, and sent the PDF to Jim for posting.

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-24-2010, 02:51 PM
That's really cool, just tilt your lap top up on its side and read it like a book.

:cool: JIM

Ray Davis
02-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Yikes!!!

I know I've posted it here before, but I have a real PDF of the file, not a scan of the manual. Jim, if you want, I'll forward that on.

500kb, instead of 3.25Mb.

Ray

michaeldterry
02-24-2010, 06:13 PM
That's really cool, just tilt your lap top up on its side and read it like a book.

:cool: JIM

If you get Nuance's free PDF Reader/Converter, you can rotate the image with the click of your mouse to orient it properly for reading without having to spin your computer monitor! :rolleyes:

Nuance Free PDF Reader Download (http://nuance.com/imaging/products/pdf-reader.asp)

Jim Skiff
02-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Michael,

Thank you.

Jim Shoen took the time to contribute this information so group members could utilize it if needed. That is the foundation of POG.

Jim

Ray Davis
02-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Actually it looks like I already sent this to Jim Skiff, and he posted it awhile back.

http://pog.geekteam.com/users/BD83DEF1-CF1D-CEE2-5BF432431EE8B2E3/library/files/ProDriver%20manual%206SE7031.pdf

Note, this is a manual specifically for the DC variant of the ProDriver, but the info in it
pertains to most any version.

truk4u
02-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Jim Shoen,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post the Pro Driver Manual. I'm sure there are plenty of folks out there without manuals that will be most appreciative of your help.

That's the beauty of POG, members helping members...;)

jimshoen
02-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi,
The ProDriver and the ProDriver DC are slightly different. The DC is the newer verson as such. I have both, but only posted up the older ProDriver as that is what is in my coach. Jim S can take Ray's DC pdf and put it up with the other information and we should be covered. Hurray.
I could not figure out out to make it go the right way, but it will print fine and you can keep it in your coach. A lot easier to use when it is printed.:)

Ray Davis
02-24-2010, 09:14 PM
FYI, if you save Jim's PDF file to your computer, and open directly in Acrobat Reader (instead of opening in your web browser), you can click on View -> Rotate View in the menus and rotate it either clockwise or counter-clockwise. Clockwise is correct in this case.

Ray

gmcbuffalo
02-24-2010, 11:13 PM
ay
does your computer program work on older 9v92 coaches?
Greg

Ray Davis
02-25-2010, 01:31 PM
If you have the newer round 6 pin connector I can at least read codes and some stuff from the DDEC, I believe. The program is really targetted at the DDEC4, but can read basic info from any DDEC (I think). I've read DDEC 3 info.

I do not have the rectangular plug associated with the earlier DDEC's, although I know there is an adapter available.

Ray

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-25-2010, 01:39 PM
ay
does your computer program work on older 9v92 coaches?
Greg

Hey Greg, just because Lew is gone doesn't mean you don't have to watch your spelling :p

:DJIM;)

gmcbuffalo
02-25-2010, 10:48 PM
one letter short and the wrong number. what's the big deal. Speaking of Lew gone what happen to DaleJ?
Greg