PDA

View Full Version : Webasto relays

gmcbuffalo
01-03-2010, 06:31 PM
In my Webasto I have what looks like a timer which has sets of off and on pegs that came be use to set different lenght of time. Does anyone else have such an item in their Webastos and do you know why it is there? Why not just have the Webasto come on when the thermostat calls for heat. My bus was orignally made for a Canadian owner.
GregM

garyde
01-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Hi Greg. Is the timer inside your coach next to your t-stat or is this a fan delay timer outside next to your webasto.

gmcbuffalo
01-04-2010, 04:11 PM
It's actually inside the webasto box. And I have no idea what it does. I have been having problems with the Webasto firing up a second time. I will start the first time and run then turns off as it should but it will not start a second time as the temp drops.
GregM

gmcbuffalo
01-04-2010, 06:29 PM
I found the device and it is call a Dig Set delay relay timer. It can delay the start of a device form .1 sec up to ~2 minutes. . for wha t reason I don't know.
gregm

Ray Davis
01-04-2010, 06:35 PM
I've never seen that on a webasto. Not sure why it would be necessary or even wanted?

gmcbuffalo
01-11-2010, 04:48 PM
I figured out the timer delay relay today. When the Webasto gets it's call for heat 12 volts energizes the relay and waits a set delay time (currently set at 8 seconds) before starting the Webasto. The Circulation pump starts inmediately then 8 seconds later the webasto heater starts up. This delay has 10 pin switches that can be set from 1 to 512 seconds or longer if you combine the pin settings.

Still a mystery as to why?

GregM

Ray Davis
01-11-2010, 05:35 PM
That's typical for Webasto, although I've never looked for or found a timer. The typical operational mode is that the circulation pump starts, gets the fuel atomizing for a few seconds, then the igniter tries to light the fuel.

MangoMike
01-11-2010, 07:41 PM
As Ray stated, Usually the timed starting function is all controlled by the Brain (controller).

gmcbuffalo
01-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Well maybe I don't have this thing figured outmyet.
GregM