PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year!!!!

sawdust_128
12-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Irish toast -- In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, never in want.

Thank you Poggers for a great year! Best to you all!!:)

GDeen
12-31-2009, 07:41 PM
Back at ya Ed! Look forward to meeting more POG'rs in 2010.

Alek&Lucia
12-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Back at ya Ed! Look forward to meeting more POG'rs in 2010.

Well said, plus look at the changes that 2010 will bring: Liberty with plastic shield !!! :)

Alek and Lucia
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 !!!

:D:D:D

garyde
01-01-2010, 01:19 AM
I remember Dave saying a Country Coach owner bought a Liberty and insisted on having a Lexan shield installed on his new Liberty. Oh well, each to his own.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Happy New Year to all.

Look again at Alek's picture. There is a door separating the driver from the rest of the coach. Obviously that is a special conversion, and Liberty did the shield special like the rest of the coach. Pay me enough money and I will put a shield on my coach. Fair warning....I don't come cheap.

michaeldterry
01-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Happy New Year to all.

Look again at Alek's picture. There is a door separating the driver from the rest of the coach. Obviously that is a special conversion, and Liberty did the shield special like the rest of the coach.

I don't know if Liberty has ever built entertainer conversions, but a door separating the driver cockpit is often found on entertainer coach configurations.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Liberty has done custom configurations. They did one with an unusual floor plan for Randy Travis.

I think the door separating the driver from the enertainer or crew is probably to keep the driver from getting stoned when it gets smoky in the rear.

GDeen
01-01-2010, 03:22 PM
We had an interesting tour of the Jeff Gordon coach last spring at Marathon San Antonio. Interesting hearing the story about designing the bedroom and bath for his ex-wife Brooke. Didn't sound like she was the most popular person to ever work with Marathon design.

They said the biggest challenge in selling his coaches is the drivers area which includes no buddy seat. The salesmen had it in for service before taking it to a race. I was not overly impressed with the finish out including the dark brown furry arm chairs (some eye rolling when questioned why they would put that stuff in his coach).

They also had Larry the Cable Guy's Featherlight H3 in on trade. That was a way cool coach with a bath and half, bunks for the kids, outstanding salon with great entertainment setup and lots of very nice finish out. Major drawback was there was no real galley per say as he only ate nutri systems or something like that which only required a microwave. Otherwise that would have been an outstanding family coach.