PDA

View Full Version : gas springs for bay doors

ken&ellen
12-31-2009, 01:31 PM
I checked all the posts and the parts lists....no luck. My struts in the bays have the Stybilus brand with a catalog # 4565ES. I checked the internet and nana zip zero on the cat # It appears that the front two bays utilize the same struts. Local Auto Zones, Auto Palaces, and etc....can only help if you have the make, model, and year of your car....otherwise it is the deer in the headlights look....even with part in hand. I am sure that my 91 Liberty has a standard part....but I just cannot locate it. Appreciate your assistance.

ken & ellen

Alek&Lucia
12-31-2009, 01:47 PM
Ken,

I replaced my springs last year in my H3. The cheapest place was Prevost. Under $20 each and Free shipping,

Alek

Charles Spera
12-31-2009, 03:42 PM
Ken,

I replaced my springs last year in my H3. The cheapest place was Prevost. Under $20 each and Free shipping,

Alek

Ken,
Alek nailed it. Just replaced some of the struts on my H3 and Prevost is the best place. Did all the research just as you have and they're the best. The strut is something like 200-260# and 26" travel (memory is in the file in the coach but close enough).

Will Garner
12-31-2009, 04:58 PM
Ken,

I replaced all my gas lift cylinders a year ago. They were Prevost Part number 980014 on my invoice. Price as of November 2008 was $27.28 per lift cylinder. They install easier than removing the old.

Hope this helps. Oh BTW, Happy New Year.

MangoMike
12-31-2009, 05:16 PM
Ken,

As I recall Prevost has two versions of those struts. A heavier duty (980024)_ one usually for the generator door and doors that have chairs inserted.

Happy New Year

Mike

dale farley
12-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Ken,

Another great source for springs and associated hardware is listed below. I have ordered several for the front bumper and bed lift. I installed stronger ones on the bed lift, and it works much beter than the original. The last ones I ordered were $25 each, and they are excellent quality. If you give them the old #, they can cross them over. As Mike mentioned, the ones for the doors that contain the chairs are stronger than the others.

SPD, A Barnes Group, INC.
Bristol, PA
800-720-2633

Their website is www.spdhardware.com (http://www.spdhardware.com/)

GDeen
12-31-2009, 07:44 PM
Got a couple starting to get weak and the generator door won't stay open now in the colder weather. Probably best to just change them all out at once rather than a few at a time eh?

Alek&Lucia
12-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Gordon,

Change only the weak ones, but in pairs,

Alek