PDA

View Full Version : New Member

edmartine
12-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Greetings To All;

My wife Michelle and I joined several months back after selling our Foretravel and have been feverishly looking at purchasing our first Prevost. Finally after much research and cross country travels we have found one that fits our needs. I want to thank a few of the members that were instrumental in our search including Ted Delorme, James Stallings and especially Steve Bennett. The hours freely given to answering questions and assisting in our search were greatly appreciated and unexpected. We finally purchased the 95 Country Coach Steve had in inventory, after a complete refurbishment of the inside ultra-suede on the ceiling and walls coupled with some minor mechanical work suggested from the inspection and new tires all around it will be delivered to us around the middle of January. We recently moved from Houston to Stephenville in preparation for me to retire later this year and tour the National Parks with my bride over the coming years. Over the months I have viewed the forum and read with much interest items particular to our needs. This group is very supportive with any and all information to assist others much like ourselves and we hope to be able to return the assistance over time with gained experience where we can as well. We are excited to be here and look forward to speaking and meeting as many of the group as our travels allows.

Ed and Michelle Martine

bonhall41
12-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Welcome to POG. You will find it a helpful, fun group of bus enthusiasts. We look forward to meeting you.

Bonnie

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Welcome Ed and Michelle, happy you found your dream ride.

Post pictures as soon as you can, we like show and tell.

JIM:)

michaeldterry
12-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Welcome to POG, Ed and Michelle! Join in the fun as much as you can stand and please do post pictures of your new ride! I lived in southwest Houston (Sugar Land) for almost 10 years (1990-1999) and bought my first bus while I was a "Texan" (a 1981 Eagle 10 Entertainer that I bought from Barbara and Louise Mandrell).

GDeen
12-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Welcome to POG Ed and Michelle! As another owner of a bus from Steve's herd, you couldn't have done any better than dealing with Steve. Look forward to meeting you one of these days soon.

Will Garner
12-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Ed and Michelle,

Welcome to the crazy world of POG. I see from your avatar that you won't be doing much work on you coach. I think yours is the first avatar I've seen on here in three years with a coat and tie. In case you have not picked up on it, this is a very casual group of bus owners. When we get to meet you in person we will have to work on getting you to lose the tie and loosen up just a little.

All that said in jest. This is a wonderful and supportive collection of coach enthusiasts. I'm sure you will fit right in with the group.

Alek&Lucia
12-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Welcome to POG Ed and Michelle!

We were in your shoes 3... years ago... oh ! well ! who is counting !
WELCOME TO POG !
BTW: We really enjoyed the Country Coaches which we had, perhaps we can share some info if you need any,

Alek

tdelorme
12-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Well, Ed, I'm glad you folks found the right one. I know Steve Bennet will take good care of you. While we're not offically a "National Park," Jan and I would love to have you stop by anytime you get up our way. Safe travels, you are going to love your new bus.

truk4u
12-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Welcome Ed and Michelle! You have some exciting times ahead of you and hope to see you down the road.;)

rfoster
12-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Welcome Ed and Michelle. Glad to see yet another Country Coach owner join the Forum.

You will be very pleased with the support and good times this group has to offer.

Pete
12-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Welcome to POG Ed & Michelle! We are slowly getting quite a group in Texas!
Any time you are headed west on I-10 you are welcome to stop and overnight with us.. We might even burn a steak for you.
Pete & E.J.

sawdust_128
12-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Welcome aboard.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Welcome to the asylum. As new owners you are sure to have questions. Ask them here and we will answer them all. Sometimes we will even give the correct answers.

dale farley
12-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Ed/Michelle, Welcome to the POG and glad to see we have another CC owner. The more the merrier! Helps distribute the aim of the Liberty Boys.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-29-2009, 02:17 PM
We Liberty guys don't have to aim. Picking on CC guys is like shooting fish in a barrel. Our biggest problem is trying to decide where to take our best shots.

BTW, other conversions are on our menus also.

Actually if the truth is to be known it is everyone that picks on us Liberty guys.

sawdust_128
12-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Don't react to Jon's baiting. And, whatever you do, don't look him in the eye. He'll take it as a sign that you want to engage. Don't even look directly at the screen when you read what he wrote. If all else fails, remember this.

Do not argue with an Liberty owner. He will drag you all the way down to his level and beat you with experience.

aggies09
12-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Ed and Michelle, welcome to POG. As bus owners go, we are nearly neighbors. Be sure and mark Labor day weekend out on your calendar. We always have a mini rally down at Kerrville thanks to our favorite government employee (Loc), and that will be a great opportunity to meet a bunch of these folks. Whenever headed west on I-20 give us a shout and although I can't afford Pete's steak, I bet we scrounge up a burger.

Loc
12-31-2009, 05:42 PM
Ed and Michelle,

Welcome aboard. Congratulations on your new bus. A couple of years ago we met John Walker at Outlaw Conversions which is located in Stephenville by the airport. He could be a good resource if you need recommendations on service in the area. While we don't get to Stephenville often, we are fans of Hard Eight barbeque which is also close to the airport.