PDA

View Full Version : TO AUCTION

Coloradobus
12-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Latest news for Country Coach is; All property will be put up for auction per bankruptcy judge beginning Feb 2, 2010 at 9 am.

Jim Skiff
01-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Here is the information on the Country Coach auction.

Click Here. (http://www.hilcoind.com/sales/sale.asp?SALE_ID=1603&SALE_REFERENCE_ID=AOOCSAWKGJ15201014400)

garyde
01-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Its sad. I feel for everyone who worked for or owned Country Coach. A good Brand that was driven into the ground by mis steps by management and the economy.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-15-2010, 06:57 AM
The economy clearly played a part in the final episode, but CC was hurting and mismanaged long before the end.

I spent a lot of years buying and restoring bankrupt companies and can say with certainty that healthy businesses and smart management teams expect business cycles and adjust for the ups and downs. Over the last decade it seems CC was saddled with managment changes and with each change things just got worse and worse.

It is an absolute truth that good people get hurt when something like this happens, not only the employees, but also the customers, suppliers and the community as a whole because of the ripple effect. Every business I took over was run into the ground by lousy management.

tdelorme
01-15-2010, 09:33 AM
For anyone in that part of the country, there are a number of top of the line Powermatic woodworking machines in the auction. Wish I was closer.

Coloradobus
01-15-2010, 05:01 PM
The trouble this time around, it was NOT the first RV related business under the Howards control that failed. There is a history.