PDA

View Full Version : planning trip to florida soon-Jan.

sticks
12-20-2009, 11:16 PM
We will be leaving the cold country of Iowa ( and our quarter horse farm/ranch) and heading to Florida( an odd choice) for a "while". We just traded UP for a Liberty Prevost 3H-45 2005 and looking for interesting pit stops on the way down. Probably heading towards Memphis,Atlanta, etc. unless weather dictates a quick straight south route.
Also, planning a trip to Yellowstone this summer. What is a safe route for our sized RV towing your typical Jeep? Took our first trip 2 weeks ago to Vegas and went over Laughlin pass. NEVER AGAIN. I'll bet the truck driver who told me the road was a piece of cake is still laughing. Come to think of it I never saw another big rig coming or going when we lugged up the mountain.

tdelorme
12-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Welcome to POG, Sticks. Good choice in a convertor, as we ALL agree that Liberty is nunero uno.
If you end up heading south on the way to FL. we are about 20 miles north of Longview, TX. and have a great stopover spot for any POG members going by. We would love to have you folks. I could even tell you my "Iowa Blizzard"
story.

truk4u
12-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Welcome aboard Sticks, point that big boy south and don't look back.;) Keep an eye on the board, there may be a mini rally in February at Port St Lucie. You would then be close enough to spend some more money at Liberty.:p

rahangman
12-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Head it south and keep going. Welcome to POG even though I am a relatively new member, be it known that this place brings up a lot of information and answers to almost any question, foreign or domestic. And did I mention the friendliness? Having lived in Omaha, NE for 8 yrs I don't blame you for your trip. Especially this year! Have a great time , you can always pull into any campground (that fits) that you have used in the past, and revel in the way people all gaze at your Prevost and wish...

michaeldterry
12-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the "asylum", Sticks! If you come through Atlanta on your way south, I'd suggest a stopover at Stone Mountain Park Campground (http://www.stonemountainpark.com/lodging-camping/camping.aspx). There is a great deal to do and see at Stone Mountain Park (http://www.stonemountainpark.com/default.aspx) and seasonal rates through 12/31 range from $30-$40 a night (depending on partial hook-up or full hook-up). Also, there is an attractive package deal available:

Camping/Tickets-Christmas & Camping Package
Price: $115.00 and up. See pricing list for more details.

"Celebrate the spirit of the season at Stone Mountain Christmas and add a stay at the Stone Mountain Family Campground for a fun filled escape."

Packages include:

Two (2) nights at any full or partial hookup campsite
2 two-day All Attraction Passes including Stone Mountain Christmas
One (1) bundle of firewood
A S'mores Snack Pack

Rates start at $115.00 and vary based on number of guests. Additional nights & tickets can be purchased separately. Packages must be booked more than 3 days before arrival. Packages are subject to availability and may not be available during some holidays. Packages are available on Stone Mountain Christmas operating days only. Click here for the operating schedule. Prices include sales tax.

Pricing:

Package with Two (2) tickets: $115.00
Package with Four (4) tickets: $165.00
Available Dates
Because Stone Mountain Christmas is only open on select dates November 14- December 30, 2009 your package must have an arrival or departure date that includes one of the following dates:

December: 4-6, 11-13, 18-22, 26-30

Follow this link to see more package details and/or to book: Stone Mountain Camping/Tickets-Christmas & Camping Package (http://www.stonemountainpark.com/offers-packages/default.aspx?id=181)

If you do come through Atlanta, give a shout via this forum or private message. We'd love to meet you and see your new coach! Finally, we're planning an unofficial POG "micro-rally" at Twin Lakes RV Park (http://www.twinlakes-rvpark.com/index.htm) in Cumming, GA (a north Atlanta suburb) while fellow POG member Lary Walker is in town from Montrose, CO Thursday, January 28 through Sunday, the 31st and if you're in the area then, we'd love to have you join us!

edsaylor
12-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Sticks: Welcome to POG. There are several POG members who spend Jan.and Feb. at the OUTDOOR RESORTS in Port St. Lucie. The resort is just a short way off of I-95 at exit 121. This is just 21 miles North of Liberty in Stuart. Hope you will plan to spend a few days at the resort so we can meet you. I am on lot 465. Ed Saylor

GDeen
12-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Welcome Sticks. Sounds like a great bus.

FYI, in Deep East Texas where Ted lives, All means me and my wife which is good because Ted and Jan agree Liberty is the best. They All are excellent hosts as well, even to a lowly Marathon owner such as myownself so do drop by for some of their hospitality.

sticks
12-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks for all your posts. If we head straight south and get close we'll certainly call. We feel quite at home in this group and haven't even met anyone yet. Liberty dealer in Stuart is on our itinerary so hope to meet a few of you there. Might hang in there for the rally in February but depends on foaling dates . Have one due 3rd week in Feb. and hopefully she won't threaten to go early.

sticks
12-21-2009, 04:24 PM
How do we add picture to our " signature"?

Ray Davis
12-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Go back to where you edited your signature in the control panel. At the bottom of the edit page you'll find a UI for adding a signature picture. Take a look at the size restrictions. Most signature pictures are generally 100-200 pixels on the longest side.

To put the picture in the signature, click on the link "insert signature picture" or instead type the following into your signature line where you want to see the picture:

That will place the picture where those two vBulletin commands are.

Ray

michaeldterry
12-21-2009, 06:51 PM
How do we add picture to our " signature"?

Scroll to the top of this page and find "User CP" (User Control Panel) on the blue banner near the upper left corner. Click on that and you will see a list of control Panel Settings and Options down the left side. Under "edit signature" you can upload a small picture to appear under each of your posts (usually a picture of your bus, etc). Under "edit profile picture" you can upload a small picture to appear on your profile page when people look up your details (preferably a picture of you and your better half so we can put faces with the posts and the member name.

As far as the technical limits, (someone correct me if I'm wrong, please) I believe that the maximum size for signature pictures is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller) and the maximum size for your profile picture is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller). If you need to resize a picture on your computer before uploading to conform to board limits, there are several free, easy to use online services to accomplish this. I've used Pixlr.com (http://pixlr.com/) in the past with good success, but a Google search will yield several alternatives for you to consider.

Good luck! Welcome to POG and have fun!

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Welcome Sticks, always good to have another EL :) come in

Check the link for a very good free image resizer!

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

:)

sticks
12-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Sticks: Welcome to POG. There are several POG members who spend Jan.and Feb. at the OUTDOOR RESORTS in Port St. Lucie. The resort is just a short way off of I-95 at exit 121. This is just 21 miles North of Liberty in Stuart. Hope you will plan to spend a few days at the resort so we can meet you. I am on lot 465. Ed Saylor

I'll be sure and look you up when we get to Stuart. Will be sometime in Jan.( we,re going with the wind this trip). No set itinerary.

michaeldterry
12-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks for all your posts. If we head straight south and get close we'll certainly call. We feel quite at home in this group and haven't even met anyone yet. Liberty dealer in Stuart is on our itinerary so hope to meet a few of you there. Might hang in there for the rally in February but depends on foaling dates . Have one due 3rd week in Feb. and hopefully she won't threaten to go early.

Sticks - tell us a little about yourself and the better half! We need details so we have ammunition to pick on you with! :p What you don't tell us, we'll just make up anyway, so it's better to get you side of the story on record! :D