PDA

View Full Version : It is COLD in Virgina !!

ajducote
12-19-2009, 08:54 AM
We are in Lake Fairfax VA and the snow is getting deep. Now I remember why we moved to Florida. The wife says it is worth it to see our 1st grandchild, but she doesn't shovel!

truk4u
12-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Andre - Here's the Titusville weather!:D

Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 64. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. West northwest wind around 10 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 63. West northwest wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

ajducote
12-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks a LOT Tom !!
I have already got a call from a friend in TGO and he was really rubbing it in. I really thought I would never shovel snow again. So much for wishful thinking!

rfoster
12-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Andre: Boy that sucks- We got about 8 - 10 inchs on the ground and it is still snowing. Hope you guys can hang out there long enough for the thaw. I would hate be on the road in a Prevost with all the dummies in that area. It is bad enough here- I quit counting after 50 in the ditch on the way home last night.

I bet everyone is looking at you pretty strangely with snow covered Florida Tags.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Stay parked until it has melted. Unless you want to do business with the folks that sell replacement sheet metal panels.

It is not your driving that is the issue it is the folks below the Mason Dixon line you should be afraid of in snow.

ajducote
12-19-2009, 11:08 AM
We are here until 1 Jan. So I hope it melts by then and that we don't get another storm before then. I have no intention of driving until conditions are MUCH better.
I drove in this area for 16 years and no matter how much or how little snow fails, it always make a real mess. To many people in to big of a hurry.

I just went out and measured, we have between 11 and 12 inches and it is till snowing, A LOT.

aggies09
12-19-2009, 12:17 PM
A White Christmas. A Prevost. Time with family and first grandchild.

What a great time.

Merry Christmas,

sawdust_128
12-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Don't worry Andre. there are at least another few inches of global warming headed your way.

Merry Christmas. Have another sandwich and a beer.

Will Garner
12-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Andre,

I saw the DC-Baltimore weather forecast on FoxNews earlier today. Twelve inches is just the beginning. Forecast was 12" minimum up to 20". BTW, our forecast shows a possible repeat low pressure coming through here (Eastern NC) next Wednesday 23rd December. I grew up in Baltimore and remember years where we got significant snow before Thanksgiving and it didn't melt away until Easter! Hopefully for you that will not be the case in this enlightened age of Global Warming!

Wrap up good and try to keep warm. See if there isn't some young guy in the campground that would like to make a few bucks shovelling out a Prevost!

We feel for you and just how is that 1st grandchild doing?

ajducote
12-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Will,

The grandson is now 1 week old and he is doing fine. The new mon and dad are finding out what it is like to take care of a baby. They seem to be handling it well.

There are only 2 other motor homes in the whole campground, and I don't think there is anyone younger then me. I have been out 3 times today to shovel a path in front of the jeep and the bus. The local snow plow has been by a few times, but they will need to do a better job before I can go anywhere. We are warm and have plenty of fuel and food so we are in good shape. Things should be a lot better in a few days.

Alek&Lucia
12-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Andre.

Is there any tax relief from OBAMA government for staying in areas of Global Warming like VA or similar !

Alek

ajducote
12-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Alek,

I fairly certain that the words "tax relief" and "Obama" do not belong together in the same sentence. I actually saw a "talking head" on TV today trying to say that the bad cold weather was a result of global warming. If Global warming is not real based on sciense, the politicans will make it "real" based on politics and possible tax reviews that it would allow.

sawdust_128
12-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Alek, The man was from your state. Did you get tax relief or just organized?

Will Garner
12-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Andre,

So what you are saying is if you tune up the well used muscles you once had there is an opportunity for you to cash in by shoveling out the other two campers stranded in the campground?

Glad to hear the new Mom and Dad are doing fine. Tony is right, this is a once in a lifetime experience for all of you. Take lots of pictures and spend lots of time together. In fact, how about posting a picture of the newest addition to your family so we can all share in your joy of a Christmas time baby.

BTW, the NBC News tonight is saying you may have more than 24" total accumulation with drifting, before sunrise tomorrow. I'll keep trying to pump our 39 degrees north to help you escape back to Florida on time.

ajducote
12-19-2009, 09:22 PM
here you go Will,

This makes all the cold and snow worth it.
grandson, our son, and old me.

Will Garner
12-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Andre,

Perfect! Thanks for sharing your joy with us at Christmas.

rfoster
12-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Congrats to all on the new Grandson. Every Grandpa needs a Grandson to help polish the wheels on the bus.

Reagan Sirmons
12-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Andre,
Tony is right.
What a memorable experience to have in such a beautiful setting.
Whenever we even have the basic thought that Houston will have snow, we let school out so the children can see nature's beauty. It only snows here about once every five years for a couple of hours..' but is beautiful to see Sago Palms covered in white...

In talking about driving under the conditions with which you are faced, if you are ever here in Houston and it freezes with ice on the roads, do not drive anywhere because a Houstonian's basic driving rule on ice is to aim at the cheap cars....we are not experienced.

Come our way to warm up.

Best regards,
Reagan
Pres

Pete
12-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Andre & Ann, congratulations on the new grandson. We are happy for you.
We have six grand kids, but only one boy. We do have two more due next year, so are hoping for a boy. You got lucky right off the bat!
Stay warm.
Pete & E.J.

parksincpp
12-20-2009, 04:50 PM
We are in Lake Fairfax VA and the snow is getting deep. Now I remember why we moved to Florida. The wife says it is worth it to see our 1st grandchild, but she doesn't shovel!

Didn't you know girls are allergic shoveling snow, especially when their used to wearing flip flops!!!

Congrats on the beautiful grandbaby. Love all the dark hair.

RonAltman
12-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Andre & Ann, congratulations on the new grandchild. Just so you won't have to worry, I promise I'll keep all the snow and ice cleared from Dragonfly so you won't have to worry about that when you get back :).

ajducote
12-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Andre & Ann, congratulations on the new grandchild. Just so you won't have to worry, I promise I'll keep all the snow and ice cleared from Dragonfly so you won't have to worry about that when you get back :).

Ron,

What a relief, I was really worried about the snow piling up in the driveway. You are a great guy! We are looking forward to getting home where it is warmer.

Thanks everyone for the kind words about our 1st grandchild. We are indeed very happy and enjoying our time with him and his family, to include our daughter-in-law's family who are here also. It will be a "Merry Christmas"

Happy Holidays to one and all!