PDA

View Full Version : Entry Key Pad Questions

TG Transport
12-15-2009, 01:50 AM
I could use some advice on my entry key pad which has recently started to act up.

First has anyone replaced one? How much was it? Is it something that I could do myself? Does the master code stay the same?

That said, the problem I am experiencing is with the 5/0 key which as I ponder this is pressed multiple times in entering the code as well as pressed to lock the bus. Can the entry code be changed such that I can program a new five digit number that utilizes some combination of the other 4 "good" keys? This way I would only have to use the problem key when locking the bus and could get a little more life from the entire unit.

Let me know your thoughts folks. Thanks.

Orren Zook
12-15-2009, 08:25 AM
The keyless entry system that Prevost uses is a Ford product, you can buy a new pad for your entry door from a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealer or salvage yard. Your main module is on the firewall/bulkhead in the front of your coach. You should be able to pull the panel next to the steps off to access this part of the system. The numeric combination for your coach is on the top of the module. You can program one additional number. There is a relay that can be removed to disable the keyless entry in the event your anti-theft malfunctions

phorner
12-15-2009, 09:18 AM
The door keypad was replaced in our coach when we bought it due to a problem programming our entry code.

There is a master code that will work and can be found on the control module (and sometimes noted inside the driver side electrical panel door) that is used to program your custom code.

Although I didn't do the work myself, replacing the door keypad was not a major project.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
12-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Towsone, you can program your own code into the door. I don't have the written instructions in front of me, they are in the bus, but basically if I remember correctly,

turn the ignition key to the on position, ( Accessory )
enter the main alarm code, ( which is printed on the box under the dash )
then with in 30 seconds enter your own 5 digit code
Then turn off the ignition key.

I believe there is a short beep if the new code is accepted and the doors lock. Be sure someone is inside the bus to open the door if your new code does not work properly.

Prevost might have this in writting for you, which probably is much better than my memory.
I'm sorry what were we talking about? :confused: :D

Gary S.

TG Transport
12-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the advice you all. I will try to re-program the key pad and get some additional life out of it.